Supcase Unicorn Beetle Hybrid Case

Search This thread

GhastlyTT

Jan 19, 2013
Hampton
Received my Supcase Unicorn Beetle Hybrid case ( http://amzn.com/B00IJ0R02Y) in the mail today after ordering it Mar 27th. I have to say that for $3... I'm impressed. The price is up now that they're being mass produced.

It looks, feels, and fits great. The cutouts are perfect, volume and power are easily pressed, and the IR blaster works great through the frosted power button. It fits like a glove. It was actually a little difficult getting the phone in but pays off big by feeling like it belongs on the phone.

I highly recommend this case for the m8.
8a4emutu.jpg
gy8ahe2e.jpg
udymygy4.jpg
nyju6ube.jpg
pehuvymu.jpg
emene2ap.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

xPhantom

Apr 16, 2010
Thanks for posting pictures! I've been waiting to see some pictures of the actual product on a phone. I might just have to grab one too!

xPhantom

Apr 16, 2010
Do you think there is any concern with the polycarbonate back scratching the phone? Also, is the flash affected at all when using it for photos?

StarfishP

Sep 8, 2012
I would like to say that this case is absolutely terrific! My phone fell a full 3-4 feet from my desk and landed flat on the screen face. I was scared that the screen may have cracked but the lip of the case completely saved it. Definitely a great buy.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GhastlyTT

Jan 19, 2013
Hampton
Do you think there is any concern with the polycarbonate back scratching the phone? Also, is the flash affected at all when using it for photos?

Every edge on the case is smooth inside and out. I don't think there's any risk of scratching. The photos I've taken with flash don't appear to have been negatively affected.

bigballa

Feb 24, 2009
Atlanta
www.twitter.com
Unicorn Beetle Premium Hybrid Protective Case for HTC One 2014 (Frost Clear/Black)

Unicorn Beetle Premium Hybrid Protective Case for HTC One 2014 (Frost Clear/Black)

Loving mine. Just got it today. I actually like it more than the hybrid bumper case from supcase.

cant wait for my UAG one. Then ill be all set for all my cases!

Added some of my pics incase anyone wanted to see :D

Attachments

• IMAG0093.jpg
    IMAG0093.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 2,238
  • IMAG0094.jpg
    IMAG0094.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 1,995
  • IMAG0095.jpg
    IMAG0095.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 1,877
  • IMAG0096.jpg
    IMAG0096.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 1,966
  • IMAG0097.jpg
    IMAG0097.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 1,830
  • WP_20140413_21_47_28_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140413_21_47_28_Pro.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 1,767
  • WP_20140413_21_47_43_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140413_21_47_43_Pro.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 1,627
  • WP_20140413_21_48_20_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140413_21_48_20_Pro.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 1,624
  • WP_20140413_21_48_43_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140413_21_48_43_Pro.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 1,563
  • WP_20140413_21_49_08_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140413_21_49_08_Pro.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 1,571
  • WP_20140413_21_55_39_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140413_21_55_39_Pro.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 1,665
  • WP_20140413_21_56_02_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140413_21_56_02_Pro.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 1,513

shadowleo85

Aug 18, 2007
Purchased this case in the double black last week just waiting for delivery. So far from the pics I'm glad I didn't buy the clear/black.

Tikerz

Nov 5, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Purchased this case in the double black last week just waiting for delivery. So far from the pics I'm glad I didn't buy the clear/black.

I just got it today in double black also. It's a really nice case! The fit is really good and has a nice textured grip on the sides. The TPU and polycarbonate look like one piece, seemless. The power key is very innovative and works very well and it came with 2 extra buttons. I've got both the Spigen Slim Armor and this and it's a tough call which one I like better!

61K%2BkImf00L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: renn9420

wangtang2k

Nov 18, 2008
Ronkonkoma
Gotta love how good this case looks for the price. Just got it in the mail today and put it on my phone with very minimal effort, and I have a Zagg InvisibleShield Glass over the screen.. The IR blaster works without problems and the port holes are accurate. The back is not clear, but frosted (It's fine by me. It looks good and the HTC logo stands out since there's no branding over that area. Very well-made case in my opinion.
Posted a picture for reference.

Attachments

• Hybrid.jpg
    Hybrid.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 1,078
Reactions: kbrn and Tikerz

Figurato

Apr 13, 2014
anyone know how the spigen glas.tr nano slim screen protector would do with this case? It seems like the front is really really close to the edges of the screen, so I am not sure if the screen protector would get pinched or peeled up.

Any opinions/suggestions?

Thanks!

Austin

wangtang2k

Nov 18, 2008
Ronkonkoma

renn9420

Oct 27, 2009
Klamath Falls,Or
It looks like a solid case, like the hybrid. Only reason why I chose the Hybrid over this one is the plastic around the screen perimeter looks like could give "glass screen protector" users, like myself, a bit of a headache.

True but it was for the same price as the hybrid case and I work in a construction job (glass shop) so need the extra protection. :D

Jmack3d

Apr 16, 2014
I'm really debating this case, in the pictures provided from you guys, what color m8 is pictured? Silver or gunmetal? I currently have the supcase hybrid with the totally clear back and black tpu bumper. I really want to show off the phones look which is one of the biggest reasons I got it over the other current phones. I just can't see well enough in the pics if the back shows the metallic tone of the gunmetal m8

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Received my Supcase Unicorn Beetle Hybrid case ( http://amzn.com/B00IJ0R02Y) in the mail today after ordering it Mar 27th. I have to say that for $3... I'm impressed. The price is up now that they're being mass produced.

It looks, feels, and fits great. The cutouts are perfect, volume and power are easily pressed, and the IR blaster works great through the frosted power button. It fits like a glove. It was actually a little difficult getting the phone in but pays off big by feeling like it belongs on the phone.

I highly recommend this case for the m8.
    8a4emutu.jpg
    gy8ahe2e.jpg
    udymygy4.jpg
    nyju6ube.jpg
    pehuvymu.jpg
    emene2ap.jpg

I heard this case was poorly built.

Not at all. I bought this case along with the Spigen Slim Armor same as Tikerz above. I used the SUPCASE for several days before the Spigen arrived. Used the Spigen for half an hour then switched back and gave the Spigen to a friend. The SUPCASE just feels much nicer, looks great, and the IR blaster works.
    UPDATE: Just thought I'd mention this: I dropped my phone from about waist level (unintentional) onto a tiled floor at work today and the case totally protected my phone. I almost didn't even hear the phone drop since it hit bumper first. I even took the case off to see if the body was dented...no damage to be found.

Also I've read some people observing that the camera cut out isn't totally perfectly centered, which was the case with mine when I first got my case. Over the course of about 1.5 weeks, the cutout is now pretty much perfectly centered. I guess it needed some time to settle and break in?

All in all, this case gets my thumbs up. Great case for a great price.
    Gotta love how good this case looks for the price. Just got it in the mail today and put it on my phone with very minimal effort, and I have a Zagg InvisibleShield Glass over the screen.. The IR blaster works without problems and the port holes are accurate. The back is not clear, but frosted (It's fine by me. It looks good and the HTC logo stands out since there's no branding over that area. Very well-made case in my opinion.
    Posted a picture for reference.
    Case came today. Not bad. Looks really nice on the gold M8, but not very protective IMO. Got the one linked in the OP. I'm so used to the Otter box commuter I hadon my S3. This isn't really anything more than a protective shell that is kind of rubberized around the edges with a very minimal raised lip around the screen. Certainly wouldn't feel safe dropping it. This has no where near the shock resistance that otter box or Trident have. Setting it face down on my desk at work, or a table indoors is ok, but not sure I would want to lay it like that outdoors without also having a screen protector. Feels pretty good in the hand, though tthe rubberized (tpu?) material around the outer edge feels a little cheap. I'd chalk it up to only costing $14, but the more expensive cases come with screen protectors. If I go and buy a separate screen protector for this now, I will have spent the same amount in the end, but for what seems like much less drop protection.

Overall I'd give this a 3 out of 5 if I had to rate it mainly due to the aesthetics. Would be better if it had a little more cushion around the corners, and little but bigger raised bezel around the screen. No port covers are another draw back to this case. These are the type of cases I've seen people drop their phone with something breaks, then tell them you should have spent more on an otter box or Trident type case. If your looking for something that just gives you that piece of mind by having something on your phone, but looks really great without adding any size, then this would be a good option. If your even remotely clumsy, active, or know you may drop your phone occasionally during the time you have it, then you may want to seek out something more durable.

This will work for me for a little while, just have to be careful I guess. Until I drop this thing on accident, won't know how well it really works...Lol

Think I may still order the clear uag case only cause I'd like to find that good protection but still be able to see the aesthetics of this beautiful device. Maybe even the Trident Aegis, as they look nicer than the commuter but with the same protection. We still have two S3's with the Aegis, and it's really nice.

You are wrong on how protective this case is sir. My phone dropped a good 4 foot drop from my hands with this case on. The phone faceplanted the hardwood floor and i was scared that my screen had shattered. When I flipped the phone over there were no signs of scuffs or scratches. The screen was perfectly in tact. I highly recommend this case to anybody.