[ROOT] I can't root my GN3

Search This thread

French's user

Feb 18, 2014
Hi

For the beginning i want to say thx to the people who will try help me.

Samsung Note 3 SM-9005
Rom: NB3 4.4.2 (kitkat)

I should post it as a reply to the chainfire's post on cf auto root but i can't cause i am a new on xda (and he didn't allow me ;) )
So what is my problem ?

When i tried root with CF all is ok but when odin say 'PASS' there is no recovery boot (the install process, the red android logo)
What i have ? > After my flash my phone try to boot (with Se Enforcing + 2 other stuff blue red and yellow i guess) but my phone can't boot (yes even boot) he only reset and try re-booting.
chainfire's say
*NOTE: Sometimes the device does *not* boot into recovery mode and root your device. Just do the entire procedure again if this happens. If it still will not install root and such, make sure that in Odin "Auto Reboot" is not checked. Then after flashing, pull the battery, and boot with VolUp+Home+Power button to boot into recovery manually. This will start the install process.*

So i tried it, i unchecked the auto-boot, flash my phone pull the battery and press the button (without the battery), and after my phone turn off.
When i turn on >> same issue boot loop all time
And to have access on the phone i must go on the downlaod mode and click restard phone...

Well if u could help me .... 90% of my app require root x) :laugh:

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
Is this the file you used? There's 2 files, one for 4.4 and the other for 4.3. Try flashing the file again.

French's user

Feb 18, 2014
Yes i used this file

i forgot to say that kingo root is so buged i mean i try also to root with him (on 1s)

He put my phone on download, install the recovery ect

Result: a fake root, in fact even if i have SuperSU (he installed) He said me that i have no binnary installed
I also checked on "Root Checked" no root here
BUT on download mode: custom os + custom binnary :(
And his chinese recovery work

1 hour ago i used my GN2 to see if maybe it's my computed who have issue with kingo root
Result: Root perfectly my phone

I also forgot to say that i used different odin (1.85,3.09 ect) on admin
And i tried the NA6's rom (maybe was the rom ^^' but nop still no root)

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
Hi

So i tried it, i unchecked the auto-boot, flash my phone pull the battery and press the button (without the battery), and after my phone turn off.
When i turn on >> same issue boot loop all time
And to have access on the phone i must go on the downlaod mode and click restard phone...

Well if u could help me .... 90% of my app require root x) :laugh:

I re-read your reply and I'm a little confused. Did you pressed all buttons after removing the battery? Also, there is no restart phone in download mode, you can only get out of download mode by pressing power button for a few seconds or remove the battery.

Lastly, maybe check you have the correct samsung usb drivers and reactivation lock is off.

French's user

Feb 18, 2014
I re-read your reply and I'm a little confused. Did you pressed all buttons after removing the battery? Also, there is no restart phone in download mode, you can only get out of download mode by pressing power button for a few seconds or remove the battery.

Lastly, maybe check you have the correct samsung usb drivers and reactivation lock is off.

Well i know but i didn't even really understand the process to manually boot the recovery (the chainfire's quote)

what i did ? i flash my phone when odin say "reset" i just pull the battery on the table and next press buttons (Volup+home+power)
My phone turn off i replace the battery and i get the booting loop

Maybe my way to process is wrong, i don't even know chainfire don't really explain in details the way to do it....

For the driver i deleted all and re-installed by kingo but in fact all time my device is detected (in all mode) and COM if alway here (also the flash is correct)

I think maybe my process is badly done (maybe i can't understand cause im french)

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
Here's how I would normally do it.

- download the file and extract to a folder/location of choice

- put phone in download mode by pressing power + vol down + home button all at the same time until something comes up on the screen then let go of the buttons then press vol up then connect to usb on pc

- go to where you extracted the downloaded file, open odin and put the tar.md5 file in the PDA slot and click start

Odin will flash file and automatically restart to apply root ( red android with red letters ) then restart again to android.

Reactions: French's user

French's user

Feb 18, 2014
OMG dude that work thx to you :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ok the last post i mean i didn't understand the process of the boot recovery manually (with autoboot unchecked)

But i least this time i used a different thing- what ?- A nokia usb cable

And this time that work and im sure before i did all u said to me.

I worked on 2 night x)x)

Anyway dude thx to help me ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's how I would normally do it.

- download the file and extract to a folder/location of choice

- put phone in download mode by pressing power + vol down + home button all at the same time until something comes up on the screen then let go of the buttons then press vol up then connect to usb on pc

- go to where you extracted the downloaded file, open odin and put the tar.md5 file in the PDA slot and click start

Odin will flash file and automatically restart to apply root ( red android with red letters ) then restart again to android.