[MOD][S5] Volume Boost [G900F] Multi TW / CM / Lollipop

Search This thread

stalli0nUK

Jun 24, 2013
Oxford
S5 Volume Boost ¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫

.v1 Lite
All sounds boosted by 4, I choose to increase by only 4 as I felt this gave a great boost to the stock level without sound distortion.
from feedback, this is the best/perfect level of sound

.v2 Medium
All sounds boosted by 5, Medium Level sound increase. personally untested due lite is best for me.

.v3 Extra Loud
All sounds boosted by 6, Extra Loud Level sound increase. personally untested, could cause a crackle sound when music, ringtone etc is
played.

.v4 Lite + Headphone Increase
Same as Lite, apart the headphone volume is increased slightly more, tested and is ok for a boost to your tunes

v5 g900f 4.4.2 Headphone only increase http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54862671&postcount=243
v5 g900f Lollipop http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=58039332&postcount=420

It would be a good idea to do a Nandroid backup or a backup of your mixer_path.xml file in /system/etc before hand.
From feedback, I believe versions 1 to 4 might work on other variants like the Sprint, T-mobile etc. But please Backup before testing.
If you have a variant other than the G900F and want a 100% working boost I need your mixer_paths.xml from your device.

Any problems please reply, and flash the G900F restore to get back to stock level

Easy flash guide:
Drop .zip onto internal or ext storage
and flash with a custom recovery.

Hope you like, and any questions please ask :)

Update 9/12/2014:
Added TW Lollipop for g900f
Added CM12/ASOP Lollipop for g900f
Added TW for g901f

All are v4 boosts

These do NOT work on the G900H, other variants use with caution

Attachments

• S5_Volume_Boost_Version_v1.zip
    152.8 KB · Views: 31,792
  • S5_Volume_Boost_Version_v2.zip
    152.8 KB · Views: 16,744
  • S5_Volume_Boost_Version_v3.zip
    152.8 KB · Views: 19,148
  • S5_Volume_Boost_Version_v4.zip
    152.8 KB · Views: 33,177
  • S5_Volume_RESTORE.zip
    152.7 KB · Views: 17,413
  • S5_Volume_Boost_Version_v4_G900F_TW_Lollipop.zip
    156.3 KB · Views: 16,374
  • S5_Volume_Boost_Version_v4_CM12_Lollipop_G900F.zip
    156.3 KB · Views: 10,723
  • S5_Volume_Boost_Version_v4_G901F.zip
    157.6 KB · Views: 6,073
Last edited:

Docmjldds

Jan 27, 2010
Henderson, NV
S5 Volume Boost -

All sounds boosted by 4, I choose to increase by only 4 as I felt this gave a great boost to the stock level without sound distortion.
Please leave feedback if its too loud or not loud enough.

Took me a while to find the correct file to modify as its changed since the s4. Also this is my first time doing such thing to release to XDA
So Please flash at own risk. I have tested this on my ROOTED G900F and works great. I don't see why it wouldn't work on other S5 models.

It would be a good idea to do a nandroid backup before hand.

Easy flash guide:
and flash with recovery.

Downloading and and will test. I find so far the other mods over on the TMobile S5 XDA site seem to distort. They have three mods...lite...medium...loud and even the lite version seems to add quite a bit of distortion.
NICE!!!!. Just the right amount, IMHO. No more distortion when I max the volume. Plus I have Viper4 FX onboard running nicely. You have to upgrade to the latest 2.3.3.0 to have it work correctly. This is on my G900T.

stalli0nUK

Jun 24, 2013
Oxford
Downloading and and will test. I find so far the other mods over on the TMobile S5 XDA site seem to distort. They have three mods...lite...medium...loud and even the lite version seems to add quite a bit of distortion.
NICE!!!!. Just the right amount, IMHO. No more distortion when I max the volume. Plus I have Viper4 FX onboard running nicely. You have to upgrade to the latest 2.3.3.0 to have it work correctly. This is on my G900T.

Awesome glad it's the right amount, as that's what I was worrying about. But seems great on mine and now yours :good:

iNeoTom

Nov 21, 2012
S5 Volume Boost -

Took me a while to find the correct file to modify as its changed since the s4. Also this is my first time doing such thing to release to XDA
So Please flash at own risk. I have tested this on my ROOTED G900F and works great. I don't see why it wouldn't work on other S5 models.

Easy flash guide:
and flash with recovery.

Thanks alot for this I have been waiting for this since the S5 came out :) You are a legand :good:

ex-28

hey there stalli0nUK nice work , nice work indeed !

you looking for feedback so I come to help , running this on my rogers G900W

file flashed and works without a hitch.

my feeback as requested from OP It could use more boost.
I used to run this sound booster on my s4
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2293133

the file I used and ran that was perfect is

VOLUME BOOSTING SOUND [MODERATE]
DOWNLOAD LINK - http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23252070760972943
tourchwiz

the levels is this were great .

maybe a thought you could have a couple different versions for users to try out as they have in that thread as well .

again great job on the boost and it will be my daily driver for now , hoping you can release another with a bit more boost to it for speaker volume :)

AlEjAnDrO812

Jul 9, 2012
S5 Volume Boost -

Easy flash guide:
and flash with recovery.

when you say increase by 4 you is that you increase the values 4 up in mixer_paths.xml like example if the speaker digital volume was 84 you increased to 88?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

stalli0nUK

Jun 24, 2013
Oxford
just for him is right , that file made my s5 lag out toally and booted with no sound :( ,, will await a response to my other post :)

hmm strange I only increased the numbers by 2 more, will test on mine.
Sorry I didn't see your other post till you mentioned, will find out what wrong with this recent file and think about making three versions as you requested.

ex-28

hmm strange I only increased the numbers by 2 more, will test on mine.
Sorry I didn't see your other post till you mentioned, will find out what wrong with this recent file and think about making three versions as you requested.

thank you so much stalli0nUK , maybe a possibility the way I downloaded it as I just upgraded to new tapatalk version on my phone and I clicked to download that file , normally I save it from computer to dropbox then export it , but let me know and thanks again.

Reactions: AlEjAnDrO812

stalli0nUK

Jun 24, 2013
Oxford
thank you so much stalli0nUK , maybe a possibility the way I downloaded it as I just upgraded to new tapatalk version on my phone and I clicked to download that file , normally I save it from computer to dropbox then export it , but let me know and thanks again.

Just tested it and you're right my bootsound went and phone lagged bad!! I've re-flashed v1 from 1st page and its fixed the phone.
I deleted the v2 attachment also from last post, Think the problem is I may have max'd out one of the sound volumes beyond its limits, causing total lag.

will look into it and find what ones I can turn up safely, thanks for reporting it to me before many people had same problem!

ex-28

Just tested it and you're right my bootsound went and phone lagged bad!! I've re-flashed v1 from 1st page and its fixed the phone.
I deleted the v2 attachment also from last post, Think the problem is I may have max'd out one of the sound volumes beyond its limits, causing total lag.

will look into it and find what ones I can turn up safely, thanks for reporting it to me before many people had same problem!

no problem your welcome , from my findings the speaker on the s5 sure likes to crackle very easy compared to the s4 glad its sorted out :)

Reactions: AlEjAnDrO812

AlEjAnDrO812

Jul 9, 2012

I put 93 in almost all the values and dont happen that..that is weird. Then I changed because the distortion.

Thanks for your values.For me that values you use in the first one are perfect :)

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

no problem your welcome , from my findings the speaker on the s5 sure likes to crackle very easy compared to the s4 glad its sorted out :)

So true!

Reactions: stalli0nUK

stalli0nUK

Jun 24, 2013
Oxford
Okay I've increased the main speaker and ear speaker by 6. I still think v1 on main post is perfect level but if you want louder.. then here it is.
EDIT: tested v2_fix and I still prefer v1. the v2 makes my ring tone crackle slightly

Attachments

• S5_Volume_Boost_Version_v2_fix.zip
    152.7 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S5 Volume Boost ¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫

.v1 Lite
    from feedback, this is the best/perfect level of sound

.v2 Medium
    All sounds boosted by 5, Medium Level sound increase. personally untested due lite is best for me.

.v3 Extra Loud
    All sounds boosted by 6, Extra Loud Level sound increase. personally untested, could cause a crackle sound when music, ringtone etc is
    played.

.v4 Lite + Headphone Increase
    Same as Lite, apart the headphone volume is increased slightly more, tested and is ok for a boost to your tunes

v5 g900f 4.4.2 Headphone only increase http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54862671&postcount=243
    v5 g900f Lollipop http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=58039332&postcount=420

It would be a good idea to do a Nandroid backup or a backup of your mixer_path.xml file in /system/etc before hand.
    From feedback, I believe versions 1 to 4 might work on other variants like the Sprint, T-mobile etc. But please Backup before testing.
    If you have a variant other than the G900F and want a 100% working boost I need your mixer_paths.xml from your device.

Any problems please reply, and flash the G900F restore to get back to stock level

Easy flash guide:
    and flash with a custom recovery.

Update 9/12/2014:
    Added TW for g901f

All are v4 boosts

These do NOT work on the G900H, other variants use with caution
    How did u get it to work? Its a .rar I can't seem to get it to work for me

Good morning together I need your help and that it comes to s5 volume booster v5 for sgs5 g900f I try to flash via recovery mode not funktuniert in volume booster v4 is
    No problem asking for your help as I can so flahen volume booster v5 for sgs5 g900f. Who I am in recovery mode and would like to flash s5 shows me not to be as rare file and I convertedIn zip file now I can find the s5 booster in recovery mode, but still flash still shows errors I use philz touch as a recovery request for specific answer Thanks in advance

Sorry here is the zip. made other rar file by mistake :good:
    S5_Volume_Boost_Version_v5
    Headphones ONLY increase. with stock all other volume..
    no idea why you guys wouldn't want the other sounds boosted but.. here you go >>
    Update 9/12/2014:
    Added TW for g901f
    All are v4 boosts

Main post updated with downloads
    UPDATE!!!

I'm planning to remake the v4 boost for all individual devices. For that, I need the mixer_paths.xml files from the following devices.

GS5 Sprint------------TW and CM12 Lollipop
    GS5 T-Mobile--------TW and CM12 Lollipop
    GS5 Verizon----------TW and CM12 Lollipop
    GS5 AT&T------------TW and CM12 Lollipop
    GS5 G900F-----------CM12 Lollipop <--- Received

The mixer_paths.xml file can be found in the /system/etc folder.
    Please PM me the file with the name of the device and which firmware it's from. Example: GS5 Sprint - TW

# I believe the G900H does not use the mixer_path.xml file for sound control, So if anyone knows which file it uses please PM me that also.