Refurbished/Fake LG G2 Check Now Available

Search This thread

ghayyurious

Mar 14, 2015
Lahore
Well, I was misinformed by the seller and he tricked me thinking I bought a D802. I was like hurrah! and suddenly i tried to flash Autorec TWRP recovery and phone just went into Fastboot coz it was D800 :crying:. I somehow Managed to restore download mode but flashing any D802 ROM gave me a "Stuck at LG" screen. I gave my set to a repair shop and i hope IA the problem will be Solved :)

EDIT: Check my Fake/Refurbished LG G3 thread for more easier instructions.

Confirm IMEI:

Its quite simple and does not require any laptop or anything else!

Note down the IMEI by *#06#, then follow these steps..

1.Make sure the cell is off.
2.Hold Vol up + Vol down + Power at the Same time and keep on holding until you see a White screen with "Hardware Control Written Over it"...
3.You can see the ORIGINAL IMEI at the bottom right above the bar code..
[You can also Check model with this IMEI by hooking into THIS[Updated]]

Confirm Model: [Updated] [RECOMMENDED]
Works Fine on Stock KK ROM with Stock Recovery, Doesn't Work with LP and JB
Though if you've internet then IMEI check stated above is very easy and efficient.
Else you can always confirm the Model if that is what you desire...

Things you need BEFORE buying..
Laptop with latest IOroot.zip [Check here] [You can also just download adb files from internet]
Instructions:
1.Download and extract the latest IOroot.zip
2.Enable USB Debugging. VZW users must also enable ethernet mode.
3.Now Change USB connection to MTP.
4.Open terminal/command prompt. windows/linux users: cd into /ioroot folder. mac users cd into /ioroot/mac
(windows users can hold shift key, right click in ioroot folder. Select "open command window" option.
5.copy/paste commands below

adb devices

6.Now, you'll get "Authorize this PC", check always box[or whatever] and hit accept.
Now again,
copy/paste commands below.. hitting enter/return after each line.

adb devices
adb reboot recovery

[If you get device not found error, make sure you are following the steps else try disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable]
Now at top of the recovery screen, you have your REAL Model
[Do not forget to say Thanks, if this saved you from a Scam! ] :good:

PS: The reason i mentioned IOroot.zip is only that you can also root your device with it if you're on Kitkat

Last edited:

ghayyurious

Mar 14, 2015
Lahore
I am not really sure how reliable www.imei.info is cos my phone model shows that it is a D802 witk kitkat D80220c-ZAF-XX but when i check my IMEI on www.imei.info it shows that it is a D800 model but when i check the same imei at www.imeidata.net it shows that my phone is indeed a D802
Yes its not reliable but you should also confirm your imei via "Confirm IMEI Check" stated above..
I also bought an D802 and even the *#06# showed it as D802 but the Hardware Control mode confirmed it as D800 and even the recovery said its D800 :/

ghayyurious

Mar 14, 2015
Lahore
The reason for posting this thread is also for someone willing to Flash a Custom Recovery and he/she, just like me, rely on the About page shown in the setting :/
One should always Confirm the Model via Recovery BEFORE flashing Custom Recovery!

thenetvines

Nov 19, 2010
Question:

Why do you want the 802 model more than the 800 model? I plan to use Lollipop, and I don't know if one is better than the other for that update :s

Last edited:

ghayyurious

Mar 14, 2015
Lahore
well mine is definitely a D802, i flashed LP on it yesterday and so far everything works 100%
Congrats Bro :good:
I got my G2 today and its a D802T...
Now i've lost all my confidence in LG after the Autorec incident.
I loved CM12 but i don't think im gonna give any Custom Recovery a shot for a couple of months :(

snapdesign

Mar 8, 2012
Bucharest
Google Pixel 7
i recently made an order for a refurbished lg g2 on aliexoress but after i saw on xda i.'m afraid i will get a frankenphone... i got no skills to open it and see the motherboard but i can do the thingd in tutorial... how accurate is this and what can i do to be more sure? like backing ip the efs, check imei with a good site(any recomendation)? thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

siggey

Aug 10, 2009
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
Google Pixel 7a
i recently made an order for a refurbished lg g2 on aliexoress but after i saw on xda i.'m afraid i will get a frankenphone... i got no skills to open it and see the motherboard but i can do the thingd in tutorial... how accurate is this and what can i do to be more sure? like backing ip the efs, check imei with a good site(any recomendation)? thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

Open the backcover is very simple, I can open it without instruments in 10 seconds, search in youtube.

_____________________________________Read more write less and be smart

haramzada

Aug 12, 2015
my phone does recognize as ls980 but when i type adb reboot recovery it shows lg logo then bootsup help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, I was misinformed by the seller and he tricked me thinking I bought a D802. I was like hurrah! and suddenly i tried to flash Autorec TWRP recovery and phone just went into Fastboot coz it was D800 :crying:. I somehow Managed to restore download mode but flashing any D802 ROM gave me a "Stuck at LG" screen. I gave my set to a repair shop and i hope IA the problem will be Solved :)

EDIT: Check my Fake/Refurbished LG G3 thread for more easier instructions.

Confirm IMEI:

Its quite simple and does not require any laptop or anything else!

Note down the IMEI by *#06#, then follow these steps..

1.Make sure the cell is off.
    2.Hold Vol up + Vol down + Power at the Same time and keep on holding until you see a White screen with "Hardware Control Written Over it"...
    3.You can see the ORIGINAL IMEI at the bottom right above the bar code..
    [You can also Check model with this IMEI by hooking into THIS[Updated]]

Confirm Model: [Updated] [RECOMMENDED]
    Works Fine on Stock KK ROM with Stock Recovery, Doesn't Work with LP and JB
    Though if you've internet then IMEI check stated above is very easy and efficient.
    Else you can always confirm the Model if that is what you desire...

Things you need BEFORE buying..
    Laptop with latest IOroot.zip [Check here] [You can also just download adb files from internet]
    Instructions:
    1.Download and extract the latest IOroot.zip
    2.Enable USB Debugging. VZW users must also enable ethernet mode.
    3.Now Change USB connection to MTP.
    4.Open terminal/command prompt. windows/linux users: cd into /ioroot folder. mac users cd into /ioroot/mac
    (windows users can hold shift key, right click in ioroot folder. Select "open command window" option.
    5.copy/paste commands below

adb devices

6.Now, you'll get "Authorize this PC", check always box[or whatever] and hit accept.
    Now again,
    copy/paste commands below.. hitting enter/return after each line.

adb devices
    adb reboot recovery

[If you get device not found error, make sure you are following the steps else try disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable]
    Now at top of the recovery screen, you have your REAL Model
    [Do not forget to say Thanks, if this saved you from a Scam! ] :good:

PS: The reason i mentioned IOroot.zip is only that you can also root your device with it if you're on Kitkat
    www.imei.info does not show the correct information
    I have a D803, but the site shows that the D800

The imei can't always be relied upon. The only way to be 100% sure of your model number is to check the back of the motherboard.
    I am not really sure how reliable www.imei.info is cos my phone model shows that it is a D802 witk kitkat D80220c-ZAF-XX but when i check my IMEI on www.imei.info it shows that it is a D800 model but when i check the same imei at www.imeidata.net it shows that my phone is indeed a D802
    The imei can't always be relied upon. The only way to be 100% sure of your model number is to check the back of the motherboard.
    You're absolutely right but when one ponders upon the "Used Cell Phone Market", easy way is checking model via recovery but to be 100% sure, one can check the mobo to be damn sure :p