[ROM] CyanogenMod-7 for Desire GSM V7.0.3 (06/05/2011)

Search This thread
Dec 26, 2009
London
Mate, I tried using it this morning on my journey into work. Only 20 min journey, but worked well.

Only hope is that it works this weekend whilst on a road trip.

Peace!

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App

BashyUK

Oct 2, 2010
After had tried since the very first posts on oxygen thread, i had to leave for all stupid and unproductive comments from thalamus and other followers of the same kind ....

Cyanogenmod 7 is a great team and people on this thread are way better and helping so welcome here Chronic ;)

Still no need to trash someone in a different thread. Let it go.

Anyway, anyone have strange issues with brightness? Sometimes it's bright, like just before the screen slept now and now it's dim after waking it....

Plus the slow notification bar,which seems universal looking at comments as opposed to my issue above and call delay, if they were already flagged how come the release got made final? That and the bizarre change log take the shine off what is otherwise a great product.

stats101

Dec 19, 2008
CyanogenMod doesn't support A2SD out of the box. You will either have to flash a script like DarkTremor A2SD or S-OFF your device and apply the CM7 partition table (which I would highly recommend over A2SD, because it is faster, the chance of an SD corruption is lower and you don't need an ext partition at all)

What is the maximum amount of space you can have when using the partition tables? Is it more with A2SD?

ShirazSuleman

Oct 18, 2010
Still no need to trash someone in a different thread. Let it go.

Anyway, anyone have strange issues with brightness? Sometimes it's bright, like just before the screen slept now and now it's dim after waking it....

Plus the slow notification bar,which seems universal looking at comments as opposed to my issue above and call delay, if they were already flagged how come the release got made final? That and the bizarre change log take the shine off what is otherwise a great product.

Turn off the Screen-Off animation and it should fix this problem.

Dunbad

Dec 3, 2009
Kent
Hi, I seem to have very poor quality photos on mms messages. This is probably a settings issue but I've not had it with other roms. Anyone got the right settings for o2 pay monthly? I've tried the o2 site but those settings don't wanna work at all!

Jwtiyar

Nov 27, 2010
Sulaymaniyah
Google Pixel 7
Google Pixel 7 Pro
The kurdish language is also supported that used in north iraq, but some of letters are not connect to each other like arabic letter before,how to fix? If i want to add other fonts that reads my letters correctly ,what should i do or how can i put djevau fonts to my android?

Thanks alot.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

fourire

Dec 19, 2008
Montréal
do you recommend doing the update with Rom manager? If yes, in my case it didn't work, I'm stuck at the boot :confused: is it better to update by recovery ?

Dynde87

Sep 9, 2010
Am I really the only one experiencing the SD speed problems? That were fixable in RC4 by setting the cache in sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb higher?

I have a feeling this might be related to that, but when I go into gallery, it only creates thumbnails for a handfull of photos in the first album. I can click all of the photos and they appear fine, but there are no thumbnails for the majority?

3f1f37

Feb 16, 2011
Cape Town
I flashed this last night and on all 3 occasions, performance degraded after restoring my apps. Apps either force close or just hang indefinitely. ROM is blazing on 1st run but after restart it lags like a dog with 2 broken limbs. I am using mybackup root to restore.

Can anyone else confirm similar issues?

EDIT: Issues Resolved

So on a 4th attempt, it seems I got a clean install and i can confirm its running smooooth with DarkTremor A2SD. The reason I was getting a the above mentioned problems is that I was using the AOSP version of Sibere's Data2SD, which worked and created loads of internal space, but also created serious performance issues. I advise against it but then again my problem could have been related to the speed of my SD, which is a class 4 Kingston with 6.5gig FAT32 and 1gig EXT4.

Any other issues will be posted

Thanks to the Cyanogen Team for their awesome work.

Last edited:

Yorzua

Aug 19, 2010
Gotham City
Cyanogenmod7 V7.0.0 with Lucid Theme

do you recommend doing the update with Rom manager? If yes, in my case it didn't work, I'm stuck at the boot :confused: is it better to update by recovery ?

Fourire, even if it is recommended through Rom manager, i never used it and never failed for me to flash the coming releases without wipe.

First Rule : Nandroid backup ALWAYS !!!
Then i advice you to do a full wipe if you was using a Sonny Sekhon theme on RC4.
Will give a bootloop for the next one on 7.0.0 if you dont wipe everything [ issue replicated and fix tested ]

I definetly recommend you to update from Recovery my friend ;)
Sonny Sekhon themes updated for CM7 7.0.0 by the way _ see the result here

patp

Oct 27, 2006
Am I really the only one experiencing the SD speed problems? That were fixable in RC4 by setting the cache in sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb higher?

I have a feeling this might be related to that, but when I go into gallery, it only creates thumbnails for a handfull of photos in the first album. I can click all of the photos and they appear fine, but there are no thumbnails for the majority?

+1 on the thumb nails issue, about 10% of mine don't rebuild.

yreham

Sep 16, 2010
yerres
I sometimes get slow gps fix after flashing a new rom what fixes it for me is switching gps on rebooting the phone and if necessary leaving it for 5-10 mins to get the initial fix
Now i just leave gps always on as most of the time it doesn't drain the battery and even indoors the fix is almost instant

maybe you should a factory reset, or change the kernel both helped for gps was bouncing around the screen and 3g was not connecting

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

cyanogen said:
    This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github!

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance (howto).

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 7 to your Desire (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Root your device and install Clockwork Recovery (Unrevoked method is recommended).
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. Update your radio! New radio from HTC 2.2+ roms is required (Desire Radio Thread).
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    5. Install the ROM
    6. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM6?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a hard reboot? Go into recovery and dump the "/proc/last_kmsg" file.
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get send the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred
    - Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

This is the latest release candidate so any and all feedback is appreciated!

The preferred method of installation is via ROM Manager, or you can head over to the CM Forums for manual downloads.

Latest version: 7.0.3-Desire - 06/05/2011
    Download: update-cm-7.0.3-Desire-signed.zip
    Also available for download via ROM Manager
    MD5Sum: bb8145548867e2bc6b463d3803f99175

cyanogen said:
    The 7.0.3 update is *ONLY* for people using 7.0.2* stable builds. You'll hose your system if you install it on a nightly from the last week (2.3.4/GRJ22).

Google Addon: 20110307 Universal
    Download: http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/

Battery drain issue:
    Set wifi sleep policy to never
    settings -> wireless & networks -> wifi settings
    press menu -> advanced and set wifi sleep policy to Never
    press menu -> save

CM7 HBOOT by Alpharev | xda thread
    Change partition table size 130/5/302 (system/cache/size)
    Require nightly #18 or newer
    Upgrade instruction:
    1) Nandroid backup in recovery.
    2) Verify the MD5SUM of the file you downloaded against the one in the table.
    3) Flash HBOOT with your phone in fastboot mode (Back+POWER) -> 'fastboot flash hboot bravo_alphaspl-cm7.img'
    4) 'fastboot reboot-bootloader'
    5) 'fastboot erase cache'
    6) Boot recovery, wipe everything, advanced restore system & data, install CM7 again (same version or a newer one).

Legacy App2SD:
    Simple2Ext (Easy with a GUI)
    CM7 Legacy App2SD Addon Script (For Advanced user, Command Line)

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
    7.2 RC1 should be out in the next few weeks
    So much usage but today was the first time that I realized you can swipe each individual notification for it to slide away. Heh.

------------------------------
    - Sent via HTC Desire -
    Hi Guys, thanks for this excellent Rom, for noobs like me after install of update & gapps:

actvate A2SD

download S2E from market
    open and check boxes
    Reboot
    Wait - 5/10 minutes
    all apps/dalvik now on SD
    hope this helps & thanks again
    After some angry time, found it my self :eek:

system/etc/bluetooth/auto_pairing.conf :

Sense/miui froyo roms (BT works):
    Code:
    // Blacklisting by Exact Name:
    ExactNameBlacklist=Motorola IHF1000,i.TechBlueBAND,X5 Stereo v1.3

CM/miui GB roms (BT NOT work):
    Code:
    // Blacklisting by Exact Name:
    ExactNameBlacklist=Motorola IHF1000,i.TechBlueBAND,X5 Stereo v1.3[B],KML_CAN[/B]

Changed the file like the sense one with root explorer and BT works! I'm fantastic! :D

i'll recommend to open a issue for all bug and enhancements report

Running perfectly smooth with latest 2.6.37.6 coutts cfs kernel. Best so far.
    upcoming 7.0.1 have 720p playback support, which require some kernel changes... don't blame cm if 720p playback will be broken using other kernel

7.0.1 will also fixes the 2 notification bugs

ps
    aosp do not support 720p playback on 8x50 (nexus one)