[ROM] CyanogenMod-7 for Desire GSM V7.0.3 (06/05/2011)

Search This thread

Kali-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2010
Roma
After some angry time, found it my self :eek:

system/etc/bluetooth/auto_pairing.conf :

Sense/miui froyo roms (BT works):
Code:
// Blacklisting by Exact Name:
ExactNameBlacklist=Motorola IHF1000,i.TechBlueBAND,X5 Stereo v1.3

CM/miui GB roms (BT NOT work):
Code:
ExactNameBlacklist=Motorola IHF1000,i.TechBlueBAND,X5 Stereo v1.3[B],KML_CAN[/B]

Changed the file like the sense one with root explorer and BT works! I'm fantastic! :D

i'll recommend to open a issue for all bug and enhancements report

Running perfectly smooth with latest 2.6.37.6 coutts cfs kernel. Best so far.
upcoming 7.0.1 have 720p playback support, which require some kernel changes... don't blame cm if 720p playback will be broken using other kernel

7.0.1 will also fixes the 2 notification bugs

ps
aosp do not support 720p playback on 8x50 (nexus one)

failax

Oct 2, 2010

upcoming 7.0.1 have 720p playback support, which require some kernel changes... don't blame cm if 720p playback will be broken using other kernel

ps

And for Call delay issue how is the situation?

Thank you

fourire

Dec 19, 2008
Montréal
Fourire, even if it is recommended through Rom manager, i never used it and never failed for me to flash the coming releases without wipe.

First Rule : Nandroid backup ALWAYS !!!
Then i advice you to do a full wipe if you was using a Sonny Sekhon theme on RC4.
Will give a bootloop for the next one on 7.0.0 if you dont wipe everything [ issue replicated and fix tested ]

I definetly recommend you to update from Recovery my friend ;)
Sonny Sekhon themes updated for CM7 7.0.0 by the way _ see the result here

Josué, thank's for the recommendations. Yes, I have a Sonny's theme so I'll make a wipe in recovery as I usually do. ;)

Yorzua

Aug 19, 2010
Gotham City
Cyanogenmod7 V7.0.0 with Lucid Theme

Cyanogenmod7 7.0.0 Tested with the new Regina 3D Launcher available here

General view
cm7reginalauncherhome.jpg

Full screenshots
cm7reginalauncherfull.jpg

Enjoy :rolleyes:

JagSem

May 21, 2010
Derby
I'm really struggling with flashing themes on cyanogen.

I've got 7.0.0-RC4,on 32.44.00.32_5.0.05.30_2 radio.

I've tried everything. Flashing the theme only. Doing full-wipe, flashing the ROM then the theme. Also in between Hboot partition by full-wipe, flashing the HBoot recovery first, then the backup, then the theme, then the HBoot boot file and restarting into the new partition.

No joy.:confused:

The only thing left for me to do is update the radio. I wouldn't have thought this would have an effect though.?

Any ideas? All help greatly appreciated.

str355

Feb 18, 2007
London
www.stressed.im

I've tried everything. Flashing the theme only. Doing full-wipe, flashing the ROM then the theme. Also in between Hboot partition by full-wipe, flashing the HBoot recovery first, then the backup, then the theme, then the HBoot boot file and restarting into the new partition.

The only thing left for me to do is update the radio. I wouldn't have thought this would have an effect though.?

if the theme you are flashing is for RC4, you should be able to flash it at any time once the rom is installed. Hboot/Radio/Wiping will make no difference.

They generally only replace framework-res.apk, systemui.apk + whatever apps are themed aswell.

my guess would be the theme isnt for RC4 or you use clockwork recovery & the theme isnt using an edify script?

JagSem

May 21, 2010
Derby
if the theme you are flashing is for RC4, you should be able to flash it at any time once the rom is installed. Hboot/Radio/Wiping will make no difference.

They generally only replace framework-res.apk, systemui.apk + whatever apps are themed aswell.

my guess would be the theme isnt for RC4 or you use clockwork recovery & the theme isnt using an edify script?

I currently have 2.5.0.7

I haven't updated the ClockworkMod since I first installed it. Would it make a difference?

str355

Feb 18, 2007
London
www.stressed.im
I currently have 2.5.0.7

I haven't updated the ClockworkMod since I first installed it. Would it make a difference?

nah that should be fine, i've never used clockwork myself, but from what i read it was the newest version that dropped support for the old update scripts.

probably just the theme you are trying to install just isnt for RC4, if that was the case you'd get either bootloops or some features might be missing if it actually boots.

Yorzua

Aug 19, 2010
Gotham City
Themes & Hboot ( /system space )

Lets give you a help, would be happy for you if it works as i did already before for others and others for me ;)

First of all _ it seems to be a confusion between themes, nandroid backups and radios _ all of them are diferents things.

Your logical step by step should be :

*rooted device
*CM7 Hboot ( i am using Bravo Sense Hboot as i need more space in /system )
*backup your sd card
*format fat32 partition + EXt2/3/4 partition
*place the zip of the rom ( dont forget googlepackage for CM7 )
*flash it via recovery ( flash the googleaddon too without reboot )
*reboot and do the basic configuration stuff
*choose a theme.zip and place it on your sd card
*flash it via recovery
*reboot and test it, should be fine

[ for some featuresto be applied on the themes, you will need to desactivate some features on cyanogen settings as battery stats for example ]

For any questions, you will find my help and more on this Theme Thread here :rolleyes:

Yorzua

Aug 19, 2010
Gotham City
Themes

nah that should be fine, i've never used clockwork myself, but from what i read it was the newest version that dropped support for the old update scripts.

True :)

probably just the theme you are trying to install just isnt for RC4, if that was the case you'd get either bootloops or some features might be missing if it actually boots.

As themes are basically framework-res and systemUI apk's modifications, each rom normally should have a different framework and a diferent systemUI.

For this reason, you get bootloops flashing the wrong theme. I strongly recomend you to perform a nandroid before to flash a theme ;)

JagSem

May 21, 2010
Derby
Lets give you a help, would be happy for you if it works as i did already before for others and others for me ;)

First of all _ it seems to be a confusion between themes, nandroid backups and radios _ all of them are diferents things.

Your logical step by step should be :

*rooted device
*CM7 Hboot ( i am using Bravo Sense Hboot as i need more space in /system )
*backup your sd card
*format fat32 partition + EXt2/3/4 partition
*place the zip of the rom ( dont forget googlepackage for CM7 )
*flash it via recovery ( flash the googleaddon too without reboot )
*reboot and do the basic configuration stuff
*choose a theme.zip and place it on your sd card
*flash it via recovery
*reboot and test it, should be fine

[ for some featuresto be applied on the themes, you will need to desactivate some features on cyanogen settings as battery stats for example ]

For any questions, you will find my help and more on this Theme Thread here :rolleyes:

Cheers. I've done all of that apart from format fat32 partition. :)

I tried flashing your one of your themes as it goes lol. It hangs on the boot animation. Lucid and Vivid

str355

Feb 18, 2007
London
www.stressed.im
As themes are basically framework-res and systemUI apk's modifications, each rom normally should have a different framework and a diferent systemUI.

For this reason, you get bootloops flashing the wrong theme. I strongly recomend you to perform a nandroid before to flash a theme ;)

yeah i know how themes work, i've been making my own themes for a long time ;)

str355

Feb 18, 2007
London
www.stressed.im
Cheers. I've done all of that apart from format fat32 partition. :)

I tried flashing your one of your themes as it goes lol. It hangs on the boot animation. Lucid and Vivid

you could take the framework-res.apk and systemui.apk out of the RC4 rom file, open the theme.zip in winrar and drag and drop to replace the files in the .zip.

you dont need to re-sign the .zip (unless you want to), just turn the option off in recovery.

if that flashes and boots fine you know the theme files are bad or for the wrong version.

wayne2000

Sep 21, 2010
did wipe of cache, dalvik-cache, and factory/data reset then flashed cm7 + gapps.

phone booted up normally, installed simple2ext , rebooted phone. installed titanium backup.

rebooted phone

restored apps with titanium backup.

rebooted phone , now it's stuck on boot loop.

this is my 2nd time flashing cm7, first time ... same problem got boot loop after rebooting phone a couple times.

not sure what the reason is , can it be because i don't have the latest radio? i have a 2.2 radio that worked perfectly for cm6..

i guess i have to go back to cm6 for now

I experienced the same. If you install CM on the top of previous CM, do not install gapps. Because CM will backup gapps for you. If reinstall gapps, I got boot loop (CM booting animation repeats always). My way is to flash other ROM and then install CM + gapps.

Reactions: oc2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

cyanogen said:
    This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github!

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance (howto).

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 7 to your Desire (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Root your device and install Clockwork Recovery (Unrevoked method is recommended).
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. Update your radio! New radio from HTC 2.2+ roms is required (Desire Radio Thread).
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    5. Install the ROM
    6. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM6?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a hard reboot? Go into recovery and dump the "/proc/last_kmsg" file.
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get send the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred
    - Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

This is the latest release candidate so any and all feedback is appreciated!

The preferred method of installation is via ROM Manager, or you can head over to the CM Forums for manual downloads.

Latest version: 7.0.3-Desire - 06/05/2011
    Download: update-cm-7.0.3-Desire-signed.zip
    Also available for download via ROM Manager
    MD5Sum: bb8145548867e2bc6b463d3803f99175

cyanogen said:
    The 7.0.3 update is *ONLY* for people using 7.0.2* stable builds. You'll hose your system if you install it on a nightly from the last week (2.3.4/GRJ22).

Google Addon: 20110307 Universal
    Download: http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/

Battery drain issue:
    Set wifi sleep policy to never
    settings -> wireless & networks -> wifi settings
    press menu -> advanced and set wifi sleep policy to Never
    press menu -> save

CM7 HBOOT by Alpharev | xda thread
    Change partition table size 130/5/302 (system/cache/size)
    Require nightly #18 or newer
    Upgrade instruction:
    1) Nandroid backup in recovery.
    2) Verify the MD5SUM of the file you downloaded against the one in the table.
    3) Flash HBOOT with your phone in fastboot mode (Back+POWER) -> 'fastboot flash hboot bravo_alphaspl-cm7.img'
    4) 'fastboot reboot-bootloader'
    5) 'fastboot erase cache'
    6) Boot recovery, wipe everything, advanced restore system & data, install CM7 again (same version or a newer one).

Legacy App2SD:
    Simple2Ext (Easy with a GUI)
    CM7 Legacy App2SD Addon Script (For Advanced user, Command Line)

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
    7.2 RC1 should be out in the next few weeks
    So much usage but today was the first time that I realized you can swipe each individual notification for it to slide away. Heh.

------------------------------
    - Sent via HTC Desire -
    Hi Guys, thanks for this excellent Rom, for noobs like me after install of update & gapps:

actvate A2SD

download S2E from market
    open and check boxes
    Reboot
    Wait - 5/10 minutes
    all apps/dalvik now on SD
    hope this helps & thanks again
    After some angry time, found it my self :eek:

system/etc/bluetooth/auto_pairing.conf :

Sense/miui froyo roms (BT works):
    Code:
    ExactNameBlacklist=Motorola IHF1000,i.TechBlueBAND,X5 Stereo v1.3

CM/miui GB roms (BT NOT work):
    Code:
    ExactNameBlacklist=Motorola IHF1000,i.TechBlueBAND,X5 Stereo v1.3[B],KML_CAN[/B]

Changed the file like the sense one with root explorer and BT works! I'm fantastic! :D

Running perfectly smooth with latest 2.6.37.6 coutts cfs kernel. Best so far.

ps