Droid 2 Global: Reverting to Stock

Search This thread
Just got my workphone, Droid 2 Global. No stranger to flashing droid phones (my personal phone is a Captivate) I just had to flash it. I mucked it up once or twice flashing Droid 2 Roms on it and needed to get it back to stock. I know a few people have asked about recovering the Droid 2 Global but I haven't seen any instructions to that effect, so here goes:

Droid 2 Global Return to Stock

1. Download RSD Lite 4.9 - http://www.mediafire.com/?ufxs9lft9q2xwnu

2. Download DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL SBF - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MD5K1YY8

3. Download Motorla Drivers - http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles...al_Drivers/MotoHelper_2.0.40_Driver_4.9.0.exe

4. Install RSD Lite 4.9 and the Motorla Driver software. Unzip DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL to a convenient location, i.e. Desktop.

5. Shut off your Droid 2 Global, unhook it from USB or the AC adapter charger.

6. With the phone off, slide open the keyboard, hold the UP ARROW key on the keyboard and hold the power button. This puts the phone in Recovery mode. The screen will display white text and say something to this effect: "Bootloader D0.11, Battery OK, OK to Program, Connect USB Data Cable."

7. Start RSD Lite by clicking on the desktop icon, this brings up the GUI. Click the ellipse (...) next to the Filename dialogue box. If you put the DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL SBF file on the desktop, scroll down and select it and click Open. The File Properties box should populate with information about the SBF file.

8. Hook your USB cable to your phone, the text on the display will change. Click the Start button and have patience, this takes a while. RSD Lite will extract files to your desktop and begin flashing your phone. Do not interrupt the flash at any point or you will most likely have as nice paperweight.It takes roughly 5 minutes to flash the default rom and RSD Lite will reboot your phone.

9. If the Reboot fails and your phone loops through the starting animation. Pull the battery and put it back in.

10. Slide open the keyboard on the phone, hold down X on the keyboard and push the power button. This puts the phone in Recovery mode. You know you're in recovery mode when you see a triangle with a yellow exclamation and the green android logo.

11. Hit the Search magnifying glass key, this brings you in to the actual menu. You use the Volume Up and Down to navigate here and the Camera button for enter. Power button exits. Use Volume down until you get to the entry which reads Wipe Data/Factory Reset, push the Camera button. This will wipe your data and cache, I had to tap the OK button (The four little square button on the touchscreen) While it was running because the progress bar would stop. Your milage may vary. After it finishes, select the first menu option to reboot and push the Camera button.

That's it in a nutshell pretty much, let me know if I missed anything.

Bellezzaloves

May 3, 2011
www.jenstayrook.com
I've been trying to do this all day. My husband installed Liberty on my phone last night and forgot that it was a D2G, so of course it's all kinds of buggy. I'm trying to revert back to stock to try to properly install Liberty on the phone, but I can't get past the RSD Lite section. It keeps telling me "Failed Flashing Process 0x7100."

I've read a few forums about this issue and tried everything I could find. I'm running Windows 7, have run RSD lite as administrator, changed compatibility to Windows XP, moved the sbf file to every folder mentioned, moved RSD lite to the desktop, etc etc. I've also rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled, in every fashion I could think of.

This is what I get when I check the error log:
17:01:30, May 03, 2011
Line: 868
ERROR: \\?\c:\users\user\downloads\droid2we_x6_2.4.29_full.sbfuèá contains an invalid path.
File: D:\GitProjects2\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flashdll\PST_FP_FlashFileIO.cpp

17:01:30, May 03, 2011
Line: 552
ERROR: The superfile specified does not exist
File: D:\GitProjects2\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flashdll\FlashHdlr.cpp
Device ID: 0

I'm not sure what it means because most of the errors I've seen for RSD lite have been "was not found."

Any suggestions?

Also, I don't know if this is connected (I think it probably is), but for some reason when I plug in the phone it tells me MTP USB driver installation has failed. Each and every time.

Should I try to flash Fission over top of Liberty?

Thanks.

At first glance, i'd say to check the filename. There looks to be a space in what you copied from the errorlog, in the word full. Secondly, i'd redownload the SBF file, it's possible your download is corrupt. You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the Moto software, it should install the drivers properly in recovery mode. I have windows 7 64bit and did not have to do anything other than what's in my directions.

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
Shorten the name of the SBF. Like - d2g.sbf for example. Put the SBF in c:\ and let RSDLite look for it there. It is known not handle well long paths or spaces in file name.

ben7337

Jul 18, 2010
Is this supposed to put the phone back at original stock settings with no apps and everything? I can't find any videos of this, but the Droid X sbf guid it leads you back to the touch the android new out of the box screen. I followed this guide and when my phone rebooted, it had all my apps and widgets and stuff still, the only thing that was different was the firmware version had gone back down.

Nevermind, I somehow skipped the last few steps, I must be really out of it, ignore me.

BigJermZ

Aug 6, 2010
Austin
i flashed it twice now and updated it. both times while flashing it told me to restart the device manually and when i did no change, so i closed the rsd and hit ok when it warns me of damaging my phone. phone was already on and running at the time.

Now i cant get my wifi to connect, it authenticates, then goes straight ot disconnected and then trys again.....any ideas of why this is happenning?

ben7337

Jul 18, 2010
What terrigan said. If you didn't do the last steps, then your phone will maintain all of its settings, but it will revert to the old firmware, 2.4.29 which is what I initially did. I believe that firmware has buggy wifi to say the least which might be the cause of your problem. You should do steps 9-11 and then after that go to settings, about phone, and system updates, and update to 2.4.330

mattsvensson

Jan 25, 2011
Awesome!

Thank you for the post! You are awesome. Like a noob, I messed up my phone wile rooting/bootstrapping it and couldn't download from the marketplace, get updates installed etc. This fixed it all and I'm back up and running!

Haioken

May 13, 2009
Melbourne
Thanks muchly! Now that D2G Gingerbread is available, I'm reverting in the hopes to get the OTA update. Just waiting for the stock SBF to finish atm, will let you know how it goes..

ekono

Jul 19, 2011
failed flashing process?

Hey, I was trying to revert my phone back, and while running RSD Lite, it got to 100% then it said that the flashing process failed?

the status came out as:
"Failed flashing process: Failed flashing process: Phone[0000]: Error switching phone to BP Pass through mode (0x70BE); phone disconnected"

help please?

Last edited:

mickrg123

Jul 21, 2011
Is there a reason why this would work on one phone but not another? I keep getting a failed on one phone with RSD lite I get code error FEBE 0047. I search and says not compatible software, doesn't make sense. Phone stays in boot loop.

thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Rarscaryfrosty

Jul 30, 2011
Hey guys,

Here's my story:

Just bought a brand new D2G from a friend who likes to waste money...he tried to root it using a D2 rom, and gets the bootloader error. I bought it off of him for $50.

Flashed back to the SBF file in the first post, and then I got a message saying a new update was available. It downloaded on the phone, installs, the phone reboots and I saw the android green robot logo with a box, and a status bar. Once it hit 100%, the phone rebooted again, and to the bootload error said "code corrupt, insert data cable"

Tried holding X and power button to go into recovery mode like I did before, but it just boots to this screen....

Battery just died too, so I had to take it to a verizon store where they are awfully kind to recharge it for free.

Any help is appreciated, otherwise I'm just re flashing back to the rom in the first post again, and never updating the phone!

Jon

IronFists

Jun 13, 2011
Sounds like the update corrupted during install or download.. theres a .330 sbf try it like the above post stated make sure its fully charged low battery can cause major issues

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got my workphone, Droid 2 Global. No stranger to flashing droid phones (my personal phone is a Captivate) I just had to flash it. I mucked it up once or twice flashing Droid 2 Roms on it and needed to get it back to stock. I know a few people have asked about recovering the Droid 2 Global but I haven't seen any instructions to that effect, so here goes:

Droid 2 Global Return to Stock

1. Download RSD Lite 4.9 - http://www.mediafire.com/?ufxs9lft9q2xwnu

2. Download DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL SBF - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MD5K1YY8

3. Download Motorla Drivers - http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles...al_Drivers/MotoHelper_2.0.40_Driver_4.9.0.exe

4. Install RSD Lite 4.9 and the Motorla Driver software. Unzip DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL to a convenient location, i.e. Desktop.

5. Shut off your Droid 2 Global, unhook it from USB or the AC adapter charger.

6. With the phone off, slide open the keyboard, hold the UP ARROW key on the keyboard and hold the power button. This puts the phone in Recovery mode. The screen will display white text and say something to this effect: "Bootloader D0.11, Battery OK, OK to Program, Connect USB Data Cable."

7. Start RSD Lite by clicking on the desktop icon, this brings up the GUI. Click the ellipse (...) next to the Filename dialogue box. If you put the DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL SBF file on the desktop, scroll down and select it and click Open. The File Properties box should populate with information about the SBF file.

8. Hook your USB cable to your phone, the text on the display will change. Click the Start button and have patience, this takes a while. RSD Lite will extract files to your desktop and begin flashing your phone. Do not interrupt the flash at any point or you will most likely have as nice paperweight.It takes roughly 5 minutes to flash the default rom and RSD Lite will reboot your phone.

9. If the Reboot fails and your phone loops through the starting animation. Pull the battery and put it back in.

10. Slide open the keyboard on the phone, hold down X on the keyboard and push the power button. This puts the phone in Recovery mode. You know you're in recovery mode when you see a triangle with a yellow exclamation and the green android logo.

11. Hit the Search magnifying glass key, this brings you in to the actual menu. You use the Volume Up and Down to navigate here and the Camera button for enter. Power button exits. Use Volume down until you get to the entry which reads Wipe Data/Factory Reset, push the Camera button. This will wipe your data and cache, I had to tap the OK button (The four little square button on the touchscreen) While it was running because the progress bar would stop. Your milage may vary. After it finishes, select the first menu option to reboot and push the Camera button.

That's it in a nutshell pretty much, let me know if I missed anything.
    Any ideas on the issue with my phone or ways to get to the screen to be able to sbf?

another way to get to the bootloader is to load the up/down volume buttons and the power button, the screen will turn on and be black.. release the buttons, you should be able to sbf from here...
    thanks but thats not the one i need to baseband unlock it,i found it by searching the file name within google though.

DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL SBF

sorry i should have specified it.

http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/8326-[D2G]-Gingerbread-Hack-For-Us-Band-Unlockers

[D2G] Gingerbread Hack For Us Band Unlockers

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using xda premium
    After Step 4, my phone reboot fail (Finish -- Pass on RSD Lite) and have Error on screen:

Bootloader
    D0.11
    Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
    Service Req'd
    Batttery OK
    OK to Program
    Connect USB
    Data Cable

Can't Hold down X + power on (don't put phone on Recovery mode)

Please help me!!!

Did you tried to downgrade from .629 ?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using xda premium
    It says:

BOOTLOADER
    DO.11
    Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

NEW_MAP Blank
    Service Req'd
    Battery OK
    OK to program
    Connect USB
    Data Cable

Thank you!
    Flash the 629 sbf with red lite or use ezSBF 629
    Verify md5 checksums for files before using.
    Links in my list
    sd_shadow's [Collection] of Links: for D2G

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk