TOMTOM 7 Maps available on www.tomtom.com

Search This thread

SOLSchweiz

Feb 11, 2008
I just saw on www.tomtom.com that you now can purchase maps of western europe for the Diamond for TomTom 7.

I bought the maps for a Go and use it on the Dimaond. Works good. However the version for the Diamond is half of the size, and with just 4GB internal memory this is a issue to change to the official maps for the Diamond. I just don't want to spend antoher 59 Euro for that. Do you think TomTom would exchange the maps if I write an e-mail to them?

Does anybody know why there is such a huge difference in memory for these maps. Go=1.6GB, TT7 = 800mb

timn2087

Jan 24, 2007
Melbourne
good news. I guess we'll see more maps for other countries as well. don't know why Go maps are smaller though...but I guess smaller is better because it means we don't use as much storage space :)

SOLSchweiz

Feb 11, 2008
Yes, i prefer for sure the smaller verison...but already bought the one for the Go which works good on Diamond, but would be nice having the extra space...

kimusan

Dec 5, 2006
I just bought the Diamond maps for western Europe (59euro) but my tom tom home does not recognize that I have bought them = I cannot download them anywhere.
Does anyone have the same experience or maybe knows a fix?

kimusan

Dec 5, 2006
I wrote to the support and asked for a solution. hopefully I will get an answer soon (or my money back)

mean-machine

Jul 2, 2006
Cardiff/UK
On the TomTom Go devices maps from v7.15 have nice 3D building contours and paths in parks or small fountains in bigger cities, and those maps work on Diamond, but the trade off is the size.

kimusan

Dec 5, 2006
yeah I have tested those, but 1.9gb us waaay to much to use for mapdata when no SD card is available.

WasStoNed

Dec 7, 2007
So are you guys saying that I can take the maps off my TomTom Go 720T and use them on my Diamond....

How please???? Is it just a straight copy of do I need to do some fiddling.

Thanks in advance

kimusan

Dec 5, 2006
Please let us know if you get a response. Tomtom support is NOT the best i am afraid!

Did not get a response yet, but found a solution. Someone mentioned on the net that I needed a version 2.x of tomtom Home for it to work, so I replaced my v1.5 installation with the latest 2.x and now I can download my maps.

downloaded from :
http://www.tomtom.com/plus/service.php?ID=17

there's also a ton more POIs to download through that version

WasStoNed

Dec 7, 2007
So if I use the TomTom home software 2+ I can share my maps between my devices?

Did not get a response yet, but found a solution. Someone mentioned on the net that I needed a version 2.x of tomtom Home for it to work, so I replaced my v1.5 installation with the latest 2.x and now I can download my maps.

downloaded from :
http://www.tomtom.com/plus/service.php?ID=17

there's also a ton more POIs to download through that version