[Q] hi too many qs about verizon htc one

Search This thread

prathik7

Dec 27, 2010
i bought a verizon htc one and am using it in the simple mobile prepaid network. its on android 4.2.2 with software number 1.10.605.10. since i dont have a verizon sim it wont update to the latest jellybean ota. my questions

1) how should i start off rooting and s off it
i was thinking rumrunner----> change the tampered to unlocked-----> flash recovery twrp-----> flash stock +su

2) in the end i want the stock android 4.4 with sense 5.5 rom, the unlocked version
so should i first flash verizon software 2.10.605.10 ------> update the firmware via fastboot-------> flash the stock 4.4 unlocked edition rom

3)if i flash the verizon 2.10.605.10 will i lose touch control when coming from 1.10.605.10? then how will i be able to get to fastboot to flash firmware? or should i flash the firmware first then the rom?

4) can i flash the android 4.4 sense 5.5 rom for unlocked htc one taken from http://htconeroot.com/htc-one-stock-roms/android-4-4-kitkat-sense-5-5-stock-rom-for-htc-one/ . will it work in my phone?. i am not using verizon sim.

5) if i need to return my phone for warranty and need to be back in stock 1.10.605.10. how should i go about it?
is it

change from unlocked to locked ----> flash the ruu as rom.zip ------> change to s-on.

if i follow that method where do i get the 1.10.605.10 rom is it from this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=248531 ?/

also if i flash the 1.10.605.10 rom, how will i flash the firmware back, since the newest firmware wont work on the old rom?

please do give me a reply. i have been searching the forums for replies and its all confusing.

thanks a lot

prathik

brymaster5000

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
i bought a verizon htc one and am using it in the simple mobile prepaid network. its on android 4.2.2 with software number 1.10.605.10. since i dont have a verizon sim it wont update to the latest jellybean ota. my questions

i was thinking rumrunner----> change the tampered to unlocked-----> flash recovery twrp-----> flash stock +su

Rumrunner - then flash recovery

2) in the end i want the stock android 4.4 with sense 5.5 rom, the unlocked version
so should i first flash verizon software 2.10.605.10 ------> update the firmware via fastboot-------> flash the stock 4.4 unlocked edition rom

Do not update to 2.10.605.10 before you root. After you root flash that firmware.zip by @santod040

3)if i flash the verizon 2.10.605.10 will i lose touch control when coming from 1.10.605.10? then how will i be able to get to fastboot to flash firmware? or should i flash the firmware first then the rom?

Touch control? You should flash the firmware, then the ROM. Follow Santod's instructions about flashing firmware.

4) can i flash the android 4.4 sense 5.5 rom for unlocked htc one taken from http://htconeroot.com/htc-one-stock-roms/android-4-4-kitkat-sense-5-5-stock-rom-for-htc-one/ . will it work in my phone?. i am not using verizon sim.

Not sure about what that ROM is, but you could try Eclipse 4.4 and use the LTE switcher to change to a GSM network.

5) if i need to return my phone for warranty and need to be back in stock 1.10.605.10. how should i go about it?
is it

Use the revert to S-On thread

change from unlocked to locked ----> flash the ruu as rom.zip ------> change to s-on.

if i follow that method where do i get the 1.10.605.10 rom is it from this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=248531 ?/

Look for the RUU

also if i flash the 1.10.605.10 rom, how will i flash the firmware back, since the newest firmware wont work on the old rom?

When you RUU it will revert everything.

please do give me a reply. i have been searching the forums for replies and its all confusing.

thanks a lot

prathik

See my answers above.

Reactions: prathik7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Rumrunner - then flash recovery

Do not update to 2.10.605.10 before you root. After you root flash that firmware.zip by @santod040

Touch control? You should flash the firmware, then the ROM. Follow Santod's instructions about flashing firmware.

Not sure about what that ROM is, but you could try Eclipse 4.4 and use the LTE switcher to change to a GSM network.

is it

Use the revert to S-On thread

Look for the RUU

When you RUU it will revert everything.

thanks a lot

prathik

See my answers above.