[Q] Automatic upload of photos to Google Drive / Dropbox

Search This thread

daveaus

Jul 13, 2004
Hi

Can anyone help me set the phone to automatically upload photos to google drive? If this isn't possible perhaps dropbox seems the phone seems more dropbox friendly.

I can't see any options for google drive.

I can add a dropbox account and tick to use it with gallery but all this seems to do is give me the option to manually upload photos.

I found in the LG Cloud app that you can set it to automatically upload and it does work but it doesn't notify you at all that the photos are uploading and well I would much prefer google.

Also what is LG Home Cloud?

Thanks!

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
Hi

Can anyone help me set the phone to automatically upload photos to google drive? If this isn't possible perhaps dropbox seems the phone seems more dropbox friendly.

I can add a dropbox account and tick to use it with gallery but all this seems to do is give me the option to manually upload photos.

I found in the LG Cloud app that you can set it to automatically upload and it does work but it doesn't notify you at all that the photos are uploading and well I would much prefer google.

Thanks!
Not got the phone yet but if you get Google + it should upload to Google + it will give you the option when you sign in

Protagoras

Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi

Thanks!

On all my phones, I use DropSync from the play store, which has an instant upload features which works really well. Compared to the Dropbox app itself, you can choose which folder you sync, you have a lot more settings to control the sync, etc. Really nice app. Works only for Dropbox though.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ttxapps.dropsync&hl=en

(PS: I don't have the G3 yet, but I can't see why it wouldn't work with it)

Dan1909

Oct 15, 2010
For dropbox you can use the official app to automatically instant upload any photos you take to dropbox. There's a setting in the app somewhere to do that.

As for Google drive, you can't do it by default. You can use the official apps to upload any pictures you take to Google+, but annoying you can't use it to upload them to Drive. I use an app called CloudVault to automatically upload my photos to a specified folder on my Drive. It works just as well as the Dropbox app does, so far at least.

Reactions: jaythenut

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
For dropbox you can use the official app to automatically instant upload any photos you take to dropbox. There's a setting in the app somewhere to do that.

As for Google drive, you can't do it by default. You can use the official apps to upload any pictures you take to Google+, but annoying you can't use it to upload them to Drive. I use an app called CloudVault to automatically upload my photos to a specified folder on my Drive. It works just as well as the Dropbox app does, so far at least.

that CloudVault is the nuts thanks

Reactions: Dan1909

Dan1909

Oct 15, 2010

No problem :)

I tired a few different apps to get photos uploaded, and this seems the best of the lot. To be honest I actually had to go through my app list to find it so that I could tell you the name. It works so well that I had installed it, set it up and then forgotten about it!

daveaus

Jul 13, 2004

Thanks, its annoying that LG doesn't include these by default.

CloudVault looks great, I will use that.

Reactions: Dan1909

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks, its annoying that LG doesn't include these by default.

CloudVault looks great, I will use that.