Reicast (Dreamcast emulator)

Search This thread

nyder

Sep 15, 2007
Seattle
Bump for pleas of getting Reicast to have a workaround for sucky Qualcomm drivers.

Wondering if people are using the cd images (usually .cdi) or the gd image disks? (.gdi)
I have a ton of the various cd images of games because that's how I used to play them on the DC, but since they got the SD card working for DC, we've been getting more GDI's of games, which are supposed to be better for the emulators.
Any thoughts on that?

So far I've noticed i've had better luck getting gdi's to run then cdi's. But I don't have any gdi's at the moment. And because I can't figure out how to get CIFS manager working, I haven't been testing as many games as I'd like. But seeing as I can just probably click on the disk images, i can use total commander or ES to launch them.

But yes, better drivers please Qualcomm

retroben

May 19, 2014
Fultondale
Primarily,I really want the Sonic Adventure games to start working properly without the rebooting/kernel panic issue.
More-so Sonic Adventure 2.

nyder

Sep 15, 2007
Seattle
I always use the .cdi format normally.

Okay, got ya covered on Sonic Adventure.

Long story short, here is a save file, VMU 2 (all my VMU 1 seem to get corrupt). I had to put it in a zip file, so extract that to the directory where your bios is. I'd save your previous one if it has saves on it. I used reicast on my tablet to get just past the opening. Copied the vmu file over to my AFTV, works great. =)

I haven't tried it on the cdi version, should work. I ran it on the US MK-51000 GDI copy.

SA2 I seem to run the first part of it okay with the GDI US dump, I get glitches that stops things for a few seconds, and in the european version it reboots the aftv, but wasn't doing that on the US version. I had my gamepad configured wrong so I couldn't run around once i got past the sliding part. Will give it more of a try, maybe it's just the first part that is glitchy, will see if that is the case and if a savegame can fix it. Tomorrow though, I am tired.

What I can say of SA2 is with the USA version, long as I don't move around too much in the begining, I can make it past the bad parts (they might stop everything for 5 secs). Just do a little moving around the corners. Just keep dying on one part or I'd have a savegame for it.

Attachments

• vmu_save_A2.zip
    974 bytes · Views: 36
Last edited:

retroben

May 19, 2014
Fultondale
You must have not formatted the "memory cards" by booting the bios.
That's what I did with slot one,and the game saved correctly.
I could even attempt to start the boss battle after City Escape in software and interpreter modes.

It crashes less with software and interpreter modes enabled,but still crashed after saving.

barrist

Apr 25, 2009
Ottawa
I've been playing around with Reicast on the FTV, but performance is pretty mixed I found. In most games, it feels like it has no issues running the game at full speed but then suddenly just stutters heavily for some reason. Is this the case with everyone? I have the roms on a USB stick , so I'm not sure if that's a possible reason. I've tried sonic adventure 2, rippin riders and powerstone. Powerstone seems to work the best. Sonic Adventure stutters alot I found.

nyder

Sep 15, 2007
Seattle
I've been playing around with Reicast on the FTV, but performance is pretty mixed I found. In most games, it feels like it has no issues running the game at full speed but then suddenly just stutters heavily for some reason. Is this the case with everyone? I have the roms on a USB stick , so I'm not sure if that's a possible reason. I've tried sonic adventure 2, rippin riders and powerstone. Powerstone seems to work the best. Sonic Adventure stutters alot I found.

I"m pretty sure the stutters are something the graphic drivers are choking on. Retroben as mentioned this before. One advantage though is the Reicast source code is on github, and maybe someone with knowledge and a AFTV might start compiling AFTV versions of it and fixes to get around the stutters/crashing.

retroben

May 19, 2014
Fultondale
Their main issue is that they don't have a Qualcomm device to test Reicast on and attempt fixing for.
Someone needs to donate a Qualcomm device to the Reicast devs,or they need to open a kickstarter to help them get the Qualcomm device they need for testing.

So please,somebody out there donate a device to the Reicast devs.

lightykd

Dec 4, 2008
Has anyone tried Reicast on the 4K Fire TV? I seem to have an issue with getting Reicast to recognize my Dreamcast bios files.

phibo

Jul 17, 2006
I got it working. First off, bios files needs to be on internal drive and in folder Dc/data/

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

lightykd

Dec 4, 2008
I got it working. First off, bios files needs to be on internal drive and in folder Dc/data/

I have my files there but when I try to open a game or the bios I get a message telling me to place the files in

Dc/data/data

and then when I do as stated I get asked to place the files in

Dc/data/data/data

and this keeps going on and on

phibo

Jul 17, 2006
I have my files there but when I try to open a game or the bios I get a message telling me to place the files in

Dc/data/data

and then when I do as stated I get asked to place the files in

Dc/data/data/data

and this keeps going on and on
I recall that and I think it's a bug. What I did is set the path and exit the emulator and force close it. Then it should correct itself. Also when you set the path, stop at dc/ not dc/data/

Last edited:

lightykd

Dec 4, 2008
I recall that and I think it's a bug. What I did is set the path and exit the emulator and force close it. Then it should correct itself. Also when you set the path, stop at dc/ not dc/data/

Just tried that and it's still asking for dc/data :(

Top Liked Posts