Lock "lock screen" in portrait ?

Search This thread

ipguy

May 8, 2007
Hi all

Anyone know of a way to lock or select an orientation for the "lock screen" in portrait mode thats compatible with ADW ?

send2toonie

Jul 21, 2007
to do it in adw...

hold phone in portrait mode
menu --> adwsettings --> system preferences --> check system persistent

that does it for me.

only thing is when you reboot... need to go back in uncheck it, then hold in portrait rotation and go back and re-check it.

ipguy

May 8, 2007
Im refering to the lock screen not the home scteen, i want the lock screen set to portrait.

ADW can kinda lock the home screen but not successfully between reboots

The Jack of Clubs

Jan 28, 2007
Houston
anyone figure this out on the stock official froyo? its really annoying that i can now have a fully portrait phone, with the exception of the lock screen.

Krisbo

Apr 7, 2008
Wagga Wagga, Australia
Widget Locker. It's a paid app but it does the trick.

I found that the most recent version had some bugs with the Streak but if you email the developer he will organise to send you version 1.2.5 which works well with the Streak.

The Jack of Clubs

Jan 28, 2007
Houston
i got the widget launcher apk installed and configured. i guess it will do for now but it doesnt feel very native. every now and then the default android locker will flash for a second. i was hoping a setting in build.prop would have it.

Krisbo

Apr 7, 2008
Wagga Wagga, Australia
i got the widget launcher apk installed and configured. i guess it will do for now but it doesnt feel very native. every now and then the default android locker will flash for a second. i was hoping a setting in build.prop would have it.

Have you asked the developer to send you version 1.2.5? Like I said, the version on the market is buggy with the Streak but I had no problems at all with 1.2.5.

Kris

The Jack of Clubs

Jan 28, 2007
Houston
yeah i had 1.2.5, it crashed on me several times so i just uninstalled it. widget locker doesnt really rotate it into portrait, it more replaces the lock screen with another program, that happens to be portrait only, that you can customize to look pretty close to stock. i think i might wait for a better solution.

Krisbo

Apr 7, 2008
Wagga Wagga, Australia
yeah i had 1.2.5, it crashed on me several times so i just uninstalled it. widget locker doesnt really rotate it into portrait, it more replaces the lock screen with another program, that happens to be portrait only, that you can customize to look pretty close to stock. i think i might wait for a better solution.

You sure you haven't been using 1.2.8? 1.2.5 works perfectly for me to give me a lock screen in portrait.

What exactly do you want anyway? Do you just want the lock screen in portrait or the home screen? Or do you want a lock screen that actively rotate when you rotate the phone?

flub

Nov 17, 2008
I installed screen suite locker to replace normal lockscreen but old lock screen kept coming up too, so I downloaded no lock to disable default lockscreen completly.
Works just how I wanted it portrait lock screen no default lockscreen

Krisbo

Apr 7, 2008
Wagga Wagga, Australia

Ahh... I see! You want the stock lock screen in portrait. No, this cannot be done at this time.

Neem Christian

Oct 23, 2012
This great idea

Just download ultimate rotation control , enable pre app , set lockscreen orientation ( potrait ).
U also can use forced auto orientation for lockscreen, u can use your lockscreen in all orientation.:good::D:fingers-crossed: