[ROM+Kernel][EAS-VOX] VertexOS Carbide v3.6 and RenderZenith Kernel 012 (Blueborne)

Light up capacitive keys only when only the keys are pressed (OOS style)?

• Yes

Votes: 248 81.8%
  • No

Votes: 55 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

uudruid74

May 27, 2014
Kerens
eddon.systems
Another EAS enabled Oreo ROM exists, just not on XDA. Head over to G+ and look for a unicorn. (If you know what I mean) :D
And not a clean one? I knew and may try it soon. What I don't know is if they based the kernel/ROM on Render/Joshuous's work. I would assume so, but ... if they are stable? Maybe not as optimized as what joshuous is working on? At least we have something to compare with now.

legendavey

Apr 11, 2016
And not a clean one? I knew and may try it soon. What I don't know is if they based the kernel/ROM on Render/Joshuous's work. I would assume so, but ... if they are stable? Maybe not as optimized as what joshuous is working on? At least we have something to compare with now.

Is it as optimized as Joshuous's work? I can't compare between Nougat and Oreo but my performance and battery life are satisfactory.

i also wanted test how eas kernel is better,but i cant find some oreo rom used eas kernel,thanks your remind.
but i wondered since EAS kernel is better than others,why other dont merge it?

From what I've read, EAS is amazing but only if the OEM optimizes it properly. As far as I know, only the Pixels really benefit from the technology. EAS on the OP3 is never going to be as efficient as those devices because it was ported to the device. :)

weigeloveu

Feb 16, 2011
Is it as optimized as Joshuous's work? I can't compare between Nougat and Oreo but my performance and battery life are satisfactory.

From what I've read, EAS is amazing but only if the OEM optimizes it properly. As far as I know, only the Pixels really benefit from the technology. EAS on the OP3 is never going to be as efficient as those devices because it was ported to the device. :)
I've tested the xx unxion:laugh:, works well, especially when I play some games like pubg,the phone is cool and smooth than other un-EAS roms.
more battery life more performance.

uudruid74

May 27, 2014
Kerens
eddon.systems
Totally not true. There is nothing Pixel or Google specific about EAS. It's been in the linux kernel awhile and was developed partitally by ARM. We're just as ARM as anyone and joshuous's work on the OnePlus 3/T is probably every bit as good as Google's on the Pixel. In this case, joshuous and render are the OEMS and they've optimized it properly ?

joshuous

Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2015
Hey all, I'm not dead yet

Here's a sneak peek of my EAS port to the OP3 kernel (currently OOS only). I've been backporting directly from the 4.4 kernel version, meaning that I can bring much of the goodies from our OP5 EAS kernel to the OP3. For now VertexOS is on hold due to limited time, some bugs causing major obstacles in development, and Google taking down my Google Cloud Server trials (building ROMs will now be incredibly challenging for me without a new server or desktop). I'll figure that out someday, but for now stay tuned for a new thread dedicated to the OP3 EAS kernel release when I feel it is ready for release. Testers have been enjoying it for the past week. Will close this thread in a while.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180527-072431.jpg
    Screenshot_20180527-072431.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 913

weigeloveu

Feb 16, 2011

Here's a sneak peek of my EAS port to the OP3 kernel (currently OOS only). I've been backporting directly from the 4.4 kernel version, meaning that I can bring much of the goodies from our OP5 EAS kernel to the OP3. For now VertexOS is on hold due to limited time, some bugs causing major obstacles in development, and Google taking down my Google Cloud Server trials (building ROMs will now be incredibly challenging for me without a new server or desktop). I'll figure that out someday, but for now stay tuned for a new thread dedicated to the OP3 EAS kernel release when I feel it is ready for release. Testers have been enjoying it for the past week. Will close this thread in a while.
it's really a good news,how to test i wanna be a volunteer

Scorpion70

Feb 28, 2016

Wow!!! can't wait!:victory::laugh:

uudruid74

May 27, 2014
Kerens
eddon.systems

Very sad to hear the thread is closing. Thank you for releasing the work to the community. I'm sure we all value all you've done to make EAS a reality (rather than a theory) on our devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I do not assume responsibility for any issues that befall you when you flash this ROM and kernel.

>> VertexOS.org <<

Introduction
    VertexOS aims to provide a simple but enhanced near-stock AOSP experience with carefully selected features and an emphasis on stability and smoothness. VertexOS features RenderZenith kernel and the Vox Populi Power HAL, which brings EAS support.

Downloads
    VertexOS ROM (RenderZenith kernel is built-in)

RenderZenith kernel (EAS-supported custom ROMs only)

VertexOS features

* EAS support
    * Vox Populi Power HAL (developed by yours truly)
    * Vertex Walls
    * Daydream VR support
    * Disable SIM toggle
    * DASH-charging support (thanks to AOSPA for charging message on lockscreen)
    * OMS (please install Substratum separately)
    * SELinux Enforcing
    * OnePlus Camera ported from OOS
    * sRGB toggle (AOSPA)
    * Buttons customization (AOSPA)
    * Battery icon customization (AOSPA)
    * Double tap Launcher3 homescreen to sleep (AOSPA)
    * Double tap lockscreen to sleep
    * Alert Slider
    * Off-screen gestures
    * Slide on statusbar to adjust brightness
    * Night light
    * Unlink ring and notification volume
    * Longpress volume keys for previous/next music track
    * Screenrecorder (toggled with Volume Up + Power)
    * Signature spoofing (for microG)
    * AOSPA's Accidental Touch
    * DCI-P3 calibration for supported displays
    * OOS Camera with Auto-HDR and 60 FPS recording

RenderZenith Kernel features

* Based on @renderbroken's great work with EAS
    * EAS support
    * CPU governors: Sched and Schedutil (default)
    * I/O schedulers: bfq (default), cfq, noop, deadline, zen
    * AdrenoBoost support
    * KCal support
    * Backlight dimmer
    * Sound control
    * Sweep2Sleep
    * Boeffla Touchkey control driver
    * Passes SafetyNet

Recommended setup
    TWRP: 3.1.0-0 Official TWRP (OP3), 3.1.0-1 Official TWRP (OP3T)
    Firmware (use the latest): (OP3), (OP3T)
    Filesystem: EXT4
    Superuser: Magisk
    GApps: Open GApps

Installation
    Make sure you are on the recommended TWRP.
    1. Nandroid backup.
    2. Wipe /cache and /system. If coming from another ROM, wipe /data as well.
    3. Flash recommended firmware.
    4. Flash ROM, GApps, and Magisk.

Bug reports
    No support will be given for problems caused by Xposed, Greenify, Naptime, Titanium Backup, ForceDoze, MicroGMS, other kernels, Substratum themes, different TWRP, different firmware, other tweaks (build.prop, etc).
    * Logcat required. You may use Matlog, Syslog, or ADB through a computer. Share via https://hastebin.com (or equivalents).
    * Clear description of error.
    * Does it happen on clean flash?
    * Did you try to reproduce the error without Substratum themes enabled?

Known issues
    * Reboot is required to enable/disable Music touchscreen gestures after a toggle.
    * 60 FPS video recording is not stable yet. (It now works!)

Slack group
    PM me or (@calvinistmac, @mostafawael) if you would like to join the VertexOS Slack group for test builds, easier bug reports and quicker replies from me :)

Credits and acknowledgements
    * @multi_rom_user and @kash296 for supporting me since the beginning. You guys supported me since the very first alpha build. Without you guys, VertexOS may never have seen the light. My highest gratitude goes to you.
    * @RenderBroken, the best partner I can ask for in working on VertexOS and EAS, and a mentor who taught me more about kernels. Also the man who played a major role in porting EAS to the OP3/3T.
    * @Morphicsn0w for the logo, banner designs and boot animation
    * The testers in the VertexOS and AKT Slack group
    * Google, CAF, AOSPA, LOS, PureNexus, DirtyUnicorns, @myfluxi, @dianlujitao, @sultanxda, @flar2, @LordBoeffla

Source codes
    Device
    Kernel
    ROM

Donations
    If you would like to support me, your words of encouragement mean the most to me.
    However, if you wish to go a little further with a donation, you may do so at https://www.paypal.me/joshuous. Every donation I receive helps me to offset the cost of purchasing my next development device. Thanks :)

vertex_banner_000.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    VertexOS, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    joshuous, RenderBroken, calvinistmac, @multi_rom_user, @kash296, @Morphicsn0w
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Use the latest available
    Based On: CAF (LA.UM.5.8.r1-02800-8x98.0)

Version Information

Created 2017-03-12
    Last Updated 2017-09-16
    [Blueborne fixed] VertexOS v3.6 and RenderZenith kernel 012 released!

Downloads
    VertexOS v3.6

RenderZenith 012 PELT

RenderZenith 012 WALT

So I lied, here's another new build. It didn't feel right to leave you guys hanging with the Blueborne vulnerability out there. So I re-downloaded the entire VertexOS source, added the fixes, made some system updates and built it again. Enjoy :)

IMPORTANT: Use the latest firmwares available (stable or beta is fine). OTA flashing process might not work if you're on an older firmware.

I recommend a Nandroid backup and clean flash. If you want to dirty flash from the previous official, please wipe /system and flash ROM, GApps and Magisk.

VertexOS Carbide v3.6 Finale
    * Blueborne fix
    * LineageOS updates
    * CAF LA.UM.5.8.r1-02800-8x98.0 tag

RenderZenith kernel 012
    * LineageOS updates
    Okay some good news. I have CAF Oreo 8.1 booting

ヾ(゚∀゚○)ツ
    This is a big moment guys. Vertex was THE first Aftermarket rom to offer a full EAS experience. And not just Pixel EAS, but newer EAS that the Pixel doesn't even use. This project has grown so much and EAS has grown so much. Ultimately, the goal with partnering with @joshuous was to bring more awareness to EAS. I remember talked to him and saying that I want EAS to blow up, I want more EAS kernels and Roms out there. EAS is the future of Androids development. Now you look and you see EAS is everywhere. Its awesome to see.

There is much more to come from @joshuous , that much I am sure of.

Checkout our website too! Thank you once again to @Morphicsn0w for the slick banner :)

Downloads
    VertexOS v3.5

RenderZenith 011 PELT (re-uploaded)

RenderZenith 011 WALT (re-uploaded)

And here we go :). The last Nougat build. I've learnt and grown a lot during the process of developing VertexOS and later RenderZenith. Many thanks to the people who made it possible, especially to Kaushik and Gary who helped me at the very start of this journey. My appreciation to @RenderBroken for his amazing work, support, partnership and friendship. Thank you to the admins and testers in the VertexOS community for making it a vibrant and wonderful place for learning and being a part of. My deep gratitude to those who sent me donations, which helped to offset a portion of my purchase of the OP5 (yes I bought it a few months ago).

Moving forward, I've begun work on Oreo already. The plan is to continue sticking with CAF, which I have a love-hate relationship with. The OP3 will get more love and receive Vertex Oreo before OP5 does. I'll let you know when a test build is ready as a daily driver ;). I'm busier than ever with work and real life, so please no ETAs :S. Thanks for your continuous support everyone :)

IMPORTANT: Use the latest firmwares available (stable or beta is fine). OTA flashing process might not work if you're on an older firmware.

I recommend a Nandroid backup and clean flash. If you want to dirty flash from the previous official, please wipe /system and flash ROM, GApps and Magisk.

VertexOS Carbide v3.5 Finale
    * FINAL Nougat build. Oreo in progress
    * CAF LA.UM.5.8.r1-02700-8x98.0 tag
    * LineageOS device tree updates
    * OxygenOS blob updates
    * Switch Launcher to @azaidi's Launcher3
    * Hide keyboard selector when only GBoard is activated and multiple languages are enabled
    * UI color improvements for OneplusDoze and Alert Slider menu
    * Translation imports
    * Fixed Settings->More crash affecting some users
    * Fixes for Android Auto
    * Removed double tap on status bar to sleep (not in line with our vision)

RenderZenith kernel 011
    * LineageOS updates
    * Will be working with @RenderBroken on new rebase