Hard to find Apps that work on the nook hd and hd+ [APK]

Search This thread

bot42

Apr 16, 2011
SLC, UT
Well I am starting this Thread for users to add useful APPs that they have found to improve their Nook hd and hd plus tablets. Here is the download
amazon market, Adobe Flashplayer. Feel free to add your own that way we don't have to Google our hands off searching for every little APK to improve our tablet.:good:

Attachments

• Amazon.Appstore_v2.4.0.apk
    3.8 MB · Views: 647
  • install_flash_player_ics.apk
    4.5 MB · Views: 829

bot42

Apr 16, 2011
SLC, UT
Seriously you guys can add apps at anytime just by hitting reply I found those two, now if you guys have any other apps that you find useful feel free to add them so other people can find them useful as well.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda app-developers app

codya321

Aug 7, 2010
Seriously you guys can add apps at anytime just by hitting reply I found those two, now if you guys have any other apps that you find useful feel free to add them so other people can find them useful as well.

I don't understand what you are getting at, I have sideloaded 25+ apps on my Nook HD and I havent had a problem yet?

Are you asking people to post working .apks? Cause thats a long, long list...

I just use Astro File manager (anything that backs up apps would work) on my phone, drag the .apks to my computer and sideload them via adb to my Nook HD... Takes a little longer than downloading .apks from some site, but this way they are directly from the play store.

Last edited:

bot42

Apr 16, 2011
SLC, UT
Ok That's great that you have found a way to easily install apk files to your nook, yes, my intention was to get a long list of apps that work nook that way future users don't have to scour the internet searching for apps. I understand your point, I know some people don't see the logic in helping others, I get that. I am sorry you don't understand good natured intent.

Last edited:
Reactions: codya321

boomboxcity

Feb 16, 2010
Games
Max payne, World of goo, need 4 speed most wanted, shadow gun dead zone, contre jour, lad

Apps
4 shared, Pulse, flipbook, chrome, songza, xda premium hd

Didn't work
Nova 3, dead space, backstab

Not sure if this is what you meant but this is what I found so far.

Sent from my BNTV600 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: bot42

bot42

Apr 16, 2011
SLC, UT
@boombox, yes that's exactly what I meant.

codya321

Aug 7, 2010
I did not mean any discontent, I just thought it would be a long list of apps to post all working apps. Maybe we should post not working apps instead... We should assume that most apps will work.

Last edited:

boomboxcity

Feb 16, 2010
I did not mean any discontent, I just thought it would be a long list of apps to post all working apps. Maybe we should post not working apps instead... We should assume that most apps will work.

Yeah most apps that I've tried worked except for a handful. Even though the market sometimes says device isn't compatable I download them from another source and the run fine most of the time. List would be neater with apps that don't work for it.

bot42

Apr 16, 2011
SLC, UT

You may have a good point there, also if the latest version of an app doesn't work see if we can try older versions to see if those work sometimes older versions can be compatible while newer versions are not.

darknetone

Apr 5, 2008
Nice idea, should save time, LOL, I just put flash on my HD, if I'd have seen this thread earlier it would have been easier and quicker.

Reactions: bot42

strier

Jul 10, 2013
adventures of tintin doesn't wrk on nook hd+

I side loaded it' it opens up and then says device isn't compatible. Any suggestions?

bot42

Apr 16, 2011
SLC, UT
What do you mean by "side loading" because side loading means using ADB to push install apk files. You have to have your nook rooted, and have flashed the zip that gives you the ability to install from unknown sources. If you are trying to flash it, through CWM, that won't work on this tablet. All you have to do is install it as you would any other apk file that you have downloaded no need to "side load"

Sent from my SGH-T879 using xda app-developers app

Bossk128

Mar 7, 2011
Useful thread. Can anybody link me a Nook reader apk that runs on CM11 please?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Bossk128

Mar 7, 2011
Have you tried the one available from 1mobile.com?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

I have now, and it appears to work. I did have to install the 1mobile market app first, but I've since removed it.

Cheers leapinlar, appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Blergatron9000

Jun 25, 2014
I am getting my hd+ in a week or 2 but this manga reading app will definitely be the first one on for me

Does this use any kind of panel view like you would find on comixology

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

I am getting my hd+ in a week or 2 but this manga reading app will definitely be the first one on for me

Sorry for the repost but i messed up my last one so my question again is does this use a panel view in the manner of comixology

Masterface7

Dec 31, 2007

Does this use any kind of panel view like you would find on comixology

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Sorry for the repost but i messed up my last one so my question again is does this use a panel view in the manner of comixology

Hi, I have never used comixology but from what i understand it tries to do specialized zooming from panel to panel as you said, I am not sure if it is preset by the authors or if it tries to use a algorithm to decide it, anyway non of that really matters, no manga watcher just show full pages on screen and you can choose zoom width, zoom height, of zoom page. it also has the option for dual pane in landscape. I will say it is one of the smoothest comic readers i have used almost as good as komik. Again thoughit doesn't do any speical zooming from panel to panel and i honestly think that might be choreographed by a person on comixology.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I am starting this Thread for users to add useful APPs that they have found to improve their Nook hd and hd plus tablets. Here is the download
    amazon market, Adobe Flashplayer. Feel free to add your own that way we don't have to Google our hands off searching for every little APK to improve our tablet.:good:
    Ok That's great that you have found a way to easily install apk files to your nook, yes, my intention was to get a long list of apps that work nook that way future users don't have to scour the internet searching for apps. I understand your point, I know some people don't see the logic in helping others, I get that. I am sorry you don't understand good natured intent.

Games
    Max payne, World of goo, need 4 speed most wanted, shadow gun dead zone, contre jour, lad

Apps
    4 shared, Pulse, flipbook, chrome, songza, xda premium hd

Didn't work
    Nova 3, dead space, backstab

Not sure if this is what you meant but this is what I found so far.

Nice idea, should save time, LOL, I just put flash on my HD, if I'd have seen this thread earlier it would have been easier and quicker.
    http://www.manga-watcher.com/