[Port] lenok2dory: Android Wear 2.0 on LG G Watch!

Search This thread

ab123321

Jun 15, 2016
Krasnodar
Hi all, Android Wear 2.0 Nougat is finally here for LG G Watch!

Installation:
  1. Unlock your bootloader on your watch (if it's not unlocked).
  2. Download latest kernel (boot.img) and system image (system.img) to your PC
  3. Reboot to fastboot
  4. Flash those images using fastboot (fastboot flash boot boot.img, fastboot flash system system.img)
  5. Run fastboot -w (it will factory reset your watch)
  6. Reboot
  7. Done! ;)
Wipe is recommended!
Also, you can check out this video guide by @CedArctic:

P.S. Use "shake wrist" gesture to open apps drawer

Downloads:

Credits:
  • @armada786 for helping to determine the reason of Settings crash. Without him it could take more time for porting

XDA:DevDB Information
lenok2dory, ROM for the LG G Watch

Contributors
ab123321
Source Code: https://github.com/lenok2dory

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP

Version Information
Beta
Current Beta Version: 1
Beta Release Date: 2017-06-20

Created 2017-06-20
Last Updated 2017-06-21

Last edited:

J0SH1X

Account currently disabled
Jan 3, 2014
Aachen
Just installed it runs fine so far

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Google assistant works fine but I think sometimes it's a bit laggy but else it's fine and way better then aw 1.5

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

Truenox

Apr 10, 2015
Nice, we have a telegram group of people who speak Spanish with G Watch and we were all waiting for this port, hopefully it works perfectly and do to echoes in the community about it, since I think this could have been done from the beginning Google and LG, I hope the project goes forward and becomes 100% functional.

Thanks for the work done to all devs who were part of this project, without you this would not be possible. :D

Feb 13, 2016
Alright... I think i'm having some issues. First of all, I can't change the watch face. Second, I don't know what gesture to open the app drawer. I have tried all of them from the marshmallow update but none of those work.

SamuEDL

Aug 1, 2011
I leave a few photos of the rom.
65mpef.jpg

21nfhug.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all, Android Wear 2.0 Nougat is finally here for LG G Watch!

Installation:
    1. Unlock your bootloader on your watch (if it's not unlocked).
    2. Download latest kernel (boot.img) and system image (system.img) to your PC
    3. Reboot to fastboot
    4. Flash those images using fastboot (fastboot flash boot boot.img, fastboot flash system system.img)
    5. Run fastboot -w (it will factory reset your watch)
    6. Reboot
    7. Done! ;)
    Wipe is recommended!
    Also, you can check out this video guide by @CedArctic:

P.S. Use "shake wrist" gesture to open apps drawer

Downloads:

Credits:
    • @armada786 for helping to determine the reason of Settings crash. Without him it could take more time for porting

XDA:DevDB Information
    lenok2dory, ROM for the LG G Watch

Contributors
    ab123321
    Source Code: https://github.com/lenok2dory

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP

Version Information
    Beta
    Current Beta Version: 1
    Beta Release Date: 2017-06-20

Created 2017-06-20
    Last Updated 2017-06-21
    Update Mpdecision works now without magisk

So i was able to find why the watches where not able to able to launch mpdecision on boot whereas as shell (and consequently magisk) would be successful. Long Story Short it came down to Selinux (the people that care about that kind of thing can unpack the image to get to the oneliner heh). So ive put up two versions. One with only two cores and another with all four cores enabled. Compared to the always on dual core these are tad bit slower but not by much. I'll probably focus on adding lz4 first to the kernel for a hopefully faster responding device and with that comes the possibility of ramdisk, then ill see if i get to adding smart_eps. No eta's on either of course.

EDIT:Forgot to mention, if the cores are still not sleeping, ill upload my system image that has a few extra libraries that i found were erroring out when i straced mpdecision, should be fine without them for the moment.

No Worries!
    Is this on github so I could compile it, or would you still need to actually make the fix?
    Ill put my stuff on github once i start working on getting the kernel on lz4 but otherwise i havent put anything up yet

To be clear you dont need magisk anymore for mpdecision if you use these boot images
    New update!
    It is based on latest LG G Watch R image. Boot.img will be available soon, for now you can use one from previous build.
    Note: now there is answer button during incoming calls!
    **OUTDATED SEE UPDATED LINK BELOW** Dual Core Boot img

***mpdecision now works see https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=72886013&postcount=260 for the lastest version***

Alright got it the modifications working, although not sure if mpdecision is actually active (top doesnt show mpdecision) but at least it boots and at least shows two cores with ondemand, and yes its much better :p

also setting all cores active and pushing to performance HELPS alot on boot time (not as slow anymore)

the last thing we need now is zram compiled kernel and we should be good to go (the watch really needs more than 512mb)

I dunno... We should keep an eye on su just in case. Maybe they implemented some sort is basic safetynet for 2.0? Highly doubtful though.
    not really it might just be likely that its trying to switch to wifi on a intermittent/spotty bluetooth connection (my polar watch does this sometimes and wont go back to bluetooth unless i disable wifi) really does depend on how good/bad the bluetooth stack/drivers on the host device are.

EDIT: these edits are based on invisiblek's ramdisk along with ab123321's
    Hello everybody!
    Sorry, I had no time to keep up with this forum for few months :(

Am I going to port oreo? No, it's too complicated since chipset support is end.
    Will there be any updates? Probably yes, if I will find some time.

P.S. OP was updated with data wipe instructions