Nougat update available on T-Moble?

Search This thread

Vesnik

Jun 21, 2011
Alton
Screenshot_2016-11-28-19-21-57.jpg

I haven't found any posts about this yet, not through T-MOBILE anyways. As you can see, I'm connected through my home wifi but I don't have an option to download anything? I'd rather it not update around 11pm - 4am as I have to be up for work at 5am and my phone is my only alarm. Is it downloading in the background through wifi and then I get the option to install when it's done or what? I've tried updating through LG bridge and there's no updates through that (Lg bridge updated to latest version as well.)

Anyone else getting this?

Vesnik

Jun 21, 2011
Alton
Yes I got it too, I just finished installing it in my g5 :D
And If you change the time manually to "12 am" you won't have to wait until the actual 11-4am time lol

I actually thought about doing that but I didn't want to screw anything up. I'll give it a try though!

Edit: It worked! updating now.

Last edited:

pottyvick

Jan 14, 2011
Phoenix
I will wait for root before making the jump. Any news on what(if anything) changed on the g5 specifically? Anything added or improved?

warriorvibhu

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere Amazing
HTC One (m7)
LG V10
Anyone not seeing the update keep checking for update again and again .. i think it started showing for me after 10 attempts or so, then i toggled auto time off and changed the time to 2355 hrs = 11:55 pm now its downloading .. i did hear about some things breaking like wifi .. Fingers crossed will update soon ...

Update 1 - it was downloaded several times on my phone but after clicking restart and install, it suddenly goes back to showing "Your System is up to date, last checked xy:zv pm

Update 2 Seems you really need the battery to be 100%, leaving the phone plugged in wont help unless battery is 100%, i dont think it is a smart requirement, but it is what it is..the phone is updating now lets see...

Update 3 It has updated, dont see much changes, camera got nothing that i can say is improved, theming is a bit more complete with not of things going dark when you choose dark themes ... notifications still have white background, an eye sore...

Last edited:

eminem5055

May 18, 2009
My first impression of this update is that it is blazing fast! I'll let this result speak for itself...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-11-29-13-28-09.png
    Screenshot_2016-11-29-13-28-09.png
    200.8 KB · Views: 324
  • Screenshot_2016-11-29-13-18-29.png
    Screenshot_2016-11-29-13-18-29.png
    146 KB · Views: 324

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And If you change the time manually to "12 am" you won't have to wait until the actual 11-4am time lol
    I would wait it out a bit, with the anti rollback and unknown root ability it just seems like a leap to unknown ground. They (LG/Tmo) haven't locked it yet but could at any point.
    it must be 7.0 .....
    i will wait for the flashable stock 20a rom or rooted tot files come out
    anyone know where the update.zip downloads to? I have TWRP so was hoping to flash in there.
    I see it is ready, but can't download

Ah I see. You must change the date on the phone, not the update message.