Proximity Sensor Issue OP7P

Search This thread
Apr 23, 2015
Ragama
Guys!

Do you experience proximity sensor issues while answering calls on OP7P?

For me while I'm on calls. The display comes on and gets disturbed and get pressed by my ears all the time.

Also any idea of where the proximity sensor is located on OP7P?

Thanks ?

:confused::confused::confused:

Reactions: trveller72

larsdennert

Dec 5, 2007
If you pull down the notification shade, the sensor is located just above the fifth icon on the first row. IE behind the screen.

If you pull the shade all the way down it is above and between the third and fourth icons. Easiest way to describe it. Put your thumb over that area with auto brightness on to watch the slider move.

Annoying while on a call that the screen comes on.

D4FR3NCH

Feb 16, 2012
Dijon
I'm experiencing the exact same issue with the caller app.

I also tried to make a flip cover to turn screen on or off with a proximity sensor detection app and it didn't work either.

I search a little in engineer mode (*#808#) and found that there is multiple proximity sensor, the IR sensor work quite well but it doesn't seem to be the default one.
The default one seems to be the ultrasonic sensor which works really bad.
There is also a "TP" proximity sensor which seems to be a near field detection which seems to work if I move my hand near the screen.

The sad thing is that in dedicated app to use or test proximity sensor (and in antutu or else) only one proximity sensor is listed (The ultrasonic one I guess) so you cannot switch to use the one which is working well.

D4FR3NCH

Feb 16, 2012
Dijon
Actually I was going to open a new thread in Q&A when I found this one with the same subject and problem.
Do you think I need to open a new thread?

Is any of you experiencing the same issue as I described in my answer?

D4FR3NCH

Feb 16, 2012
Dijon
I tried to with no luck but as I explain in my first message the IR sensor is only used when screen is off (that's why it could help with double tap to wake)

But when screen is on another or couple another sensors are used and you can't calibrate them.
I think ultrasonic sensor is used when screen is on.

Do someone tested proximity sensor with any app on the play store? (Like proximity sensor test)

Put it on a table and check if it's working, mine is absolutely not. If I hold it like I was about to phone it works a little but it's not impressive.

Since I got 9.5.7 (EU version) earlier this evening screen turn off when I make a call.

j0hnee

Mar 29, 2010
I've been having issues with phone calls but more so with pocket issues.. When I had the 6t pocket mode kept the phone neutral but this phone doesn't seem to have an accurate prox sensor.. Is there a way to activate a pocket mode?

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

pinzarualex

Dec 19, 2011
Timisoara
Happening to me too, approached oneplus via live chat about this issue and at one point they said to wipe and reset my phone even if I told them the sensor is working but seems badly calibrated. Will try the wipe & reset and if it's not working I am returning my phone.

Jack_Sparrow_

Jun 5, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Happening to me too, approached oneplus via live chat about this issue and at one point they said to wipe and reset my phone even if I told them the sensor is working but seems badly calibrated. Will try the wipe & reset and if it's not working I am returning my phone.
Let us know if it's going to fix the issue wiping and resetting everything please!!!

j0hnee

Mar 29, 2010
Proximity sensor is working fine - there is a bug elsewhere on the firmware that does not lock the screen when it is blacked out
But I have had this issue since release.. Do you a link to this information? If that's the case maybe someone can look into the firmware and see if it's minor tweak that can fix it?

j0hnee

Mar 29, 2010
Proximity sensor is working fine - there is a bug elsewhere on the firmware that does not lock the screen when it is blacked out
This has been an issue since the release. Do you have a link to where you read this information? If it is the firmware maybe someone can look into the settings and see if needs a tweak..

Jaco2k

Sep 11, 2010
Tampere
This has been an issue since the release. Do you have a link to where you read this information? If it is the firmware maybe someone can look into the settings and see if needs a tweak..

I have reported this to Funk wizard on the OOS support thread and he said he cannot reproduce it anymore on the latest test build, so... We have to wait for next firmware release and see if that is indeed the case ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you pull down the notification shade, the sensor is located just above the fifth icon on the first row. IE behind the screen.

If you pull the shade all the way down it is above and between the third and fourth icons. Easiest way to describe it. Put your thumb over that area with auto brightness on to watch the slider move.

Annoying while on a call that the screen comes on.
    Guys!

Do you experience proximity sensor issues while answering calls on OP7P?

For me while I'm on calls. The display comes on and gets disturbed and get pressed by my ears all the time.

Also any idea of where the proximity sensor is located on OP7P?

Thanks ?

:confused::confused::confused:
    Yes, I'm having the same issues. While I'm on calls I often activate the notifications pulldown. It would be nice to know how to fix this.
    I'm experiencing the exact same issue with the caller app.

I also tried to make a flip cover to turn screen on or off with a proximity sensor detection app and it didn't work either.

I search a little in engineer mode (*#808#) and found that there is multiple proximity sensor, the IR sensor work quite well but it doesn't seem to be the default one.
    The default one seems to be the ultrasonic sensor which works really bad.
    There is also a "TP" proximity sensor which seems to be a near field detection which seems to work if I move my hand near the screen.

The sad thing is that in dedicated app to use or test proximity sensor (and in antutu or else) only one proximity sensor is listed (The ultrasonic one I guess) so you cannot switch to use the one which is working well.
    Isn't this in the wrong place? Shouldn't it be in the Questions and Answers section?

Mods?