How to unbrick Samsung Galaxy Ace

Search This thread

SuperMini

Aug 21, 2008

If your phone doesn’t boot into download mode and you have a black screen after flashing froyo heres how you unbrick it, it worked for me :).

Step 1 – Prepare odin with the firmware u want to flash (in my case was gingerbread 2.3.3) and get it ready to go;

Step 2 – Remove battery and connect your galaxy ace to the computer;

Step 3 -- Insert battery holding Volume down + Power + Home

Step 4 – At this point Odin should have detected your SG Ace ( Yellow rectangle should appear);

Step 5 – Click Start button in Odin and wait about 5 min.

If all goes well it should come back to life. :):D

Get the roms from sammobile site.

Be sure that you download de correct firmware for your device version.

Last edited:

Declive

May 9, 2011

If your phone doesn’t boot into download mode and you have a black screen heres how you unbrick it, it worked for me :).

Step 1 – Prepare odin with the firmware u want to flash (in my case was gingerbread 2.3.3) and get it ready to go;

Step 2 – Remove battery, SIM and SD card, next connect your galaxy ace to the computer;

Step 3 – Hold Volume down + Power + Home button at the same time;

Step 4 – Insert the battery and wait a bit;

Step 5 – At this point Odin should have detected your SG Ace ( Yellow rectangle should appear);

Step 6 – Click Start button in Odin and wait about 5 min.

If all goes well it shoul come back to life. :):D

Don't work for me...

Reactions: itsmerabbi

magatxda

Apr 20, 2010
you saved my day

I was about to send my phone to support centre!

Cool, brought back to life.

I wish we had a thread listing all these tricks.

isnwinyetra

Apr 5, 2011
Payakumbuh
my phone brick after flashing CWM from ROM manager and I've wrong choose phone type and then go to the phone shutdown (try to go to recovery mode). and the phone won't be turn on. I try this thread but did not work, my phone is won't show the download screen but it was detected by ODIN v4.38 and the yellow bar shown. But it was stuck on

<1> setup connection..

I try 3 file tar and 1 file Tar (one package) firmware just the same stuck on it.

please somebody help for the solution....:confused:

Thanks,

Reactions: teha and luweeds

princenoob

Apr 11, 2011
Baguio City
my phone brick after flashing CWM from ROM manager and I've wrong choose phone type and then go to the phone shutdown (try to go to recovery mode). and the phone won't be turn on. I try this thread but did not work, my phone is won't show the download screen but it was detected by ODIN v4.38 and the yellow bar shown. But it was stuck on

<1> setup connection..

I try 3 file tar and 1 file Tar (one package) firmware just the same stuck on it.

Thanks,

There is no solution for that. Did you try making usb test jig?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Reactions: luweeds

Hatshipuh

Apr 18, 2011

<1> setup connection..

Thanks,

There is no solution, I know several cases where people destroyed their Ace this way.
Why do people even bother to pamper with their phones when they have no clue...

lucainno

Jan 26, 2011
Italy
t.me
Hello everyone I have the Galaxy ace brick and download mode but does not exit by pressing the volume up + power + home connects to the PC but remains in connection with odin you can 'do something or should I send him to assist with
or tried to do a backup with Rom manager and is' off my rom 2.3.4 root
I remain blocked setup connection
Tanks

Last edited:

izador

Mar 29, 2011
did u try to remove battery ?
if not try remove and enter download mode again, this should help u .

lucainno

Jan 26, 2011
Italy
t.me
yes remove the battery and put it as a guide, I will connect if I press the volume up
tomorrow the port to help center
Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If your phone doesn’t boot into download mode and you have a black screen after flashing froyo heres how you unbrick it, it worked for me :).

Step 2 – Remove battery and connect your galaxy ace to the computer;

Step 3 -- Insert battery holding Volume down + Power + Home

Step 4 – At this point Odin should have detected your SG Ace ( Yellow rectangle should appear);

Step 5 – Click Start button in Odin and wait about 5 min.

If all goes well it should come back to life. :):D

Get the roms from sammobile site.

Be sure that you download de correct firmware for your device version.

<1> setup connection..

Thanks,
    please excuse me for my english, my native language is spanish and not write good english

i have one question,

are sure's, efs file is /dev/block/stl5 ??

i have 1 idea of copy file of other Galaxy Ace and putting into to tar and flashing via ODIN.

but i need have sure, who file is the correct.

please help me.

Regards.

Go on, brick your phone.

ODIN can't flash efs in Galaxy Ace, because there is no slot assigned to it in cooper.ops

If you don't have a good reason/knowledge to do it, don't touch it.
    Good mannnnnn ֱ
    That's probably the most stupid thing to say if you want them to fix your phone -. -

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

I hard bricked my phone once with rom manager, "it fries " the motherboard, so i sent it for guarantee to technical service and i told them that i was listening music and suddenly the phone turned off. The change it for a new one :)
    P.D: show yourself as a noob that only uses the phone for music and facebook
    If you say that odin thing, dude then forget inmediately any chance of guarantee repair cause flashing or do all those things that we do with our aces are not covered by guarantee, its obvious btw dont you think?
    PD: remember soft brick like bootloops etc, can be fixed flashing again.
    Hard brick like phone doesnt turn on, i mean really dead = dead motherboard or something like that

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium