P800 chinese dual sim Android - upgrade to 2.2.1

Search This thread

Claudyu

Apr 14, 2011
I have this P800 dual sim that runs on Android 2.2 (which in fact I think it is 2.1) and a Chinese Ingenic JZ4760 CPU (600 mhz), 256 RAM, 256 ROM. It has capacitive screen, GPS and Wi-fi. I'm desperate to install Android 2.2.1 on it for some tweaks and I don't know how because I'm new at this. I contacted the supplier but he couldn't help me with this.
Main problems:
1. Where can I find a working ROM for this so I`ll still have the dual sim option? Can't I just install a ROM from any other chinese dual sim or it has something to do with the drivers, CPU on the phone? I saw the hero H6 modding thread here on xda..
2. How do I make a full back up of the phone so I can go back to the original settings if something goes wrong?
3. How do I install new ROM without bricking it?
4. Is it absolutely necessary to root before I install the new Android?

If you want more information about kernel, hardware or anything else I can tell you from "Android system info" application that I installed on it. I might be a noob but I can learn really fast.
Please help! I just need you people to point me into the right direction.
To see the phone just search "P800 Android" on google

May 31, 2011
Hi, i have a firmware with loader, may be it will help you, https:// rapidshare .com /files/532906208/Z800_2.2GG_FLV01.01B16.rar - pls, delete 3 spaces from link

and i have link to "rooted" (https:// rapidshare .com /files/4267703916/system.rar - pls, delete 3 spaces from link) firmware to use it you must replace system.img from this archive to "img" folder of firmware uploader.

Reactions: Claudyu

Claudyu

Apr 14, 2011
Thank you for this. I will try it. I just have some questions: who made this firmware? and why don`t they talk in english so everybody can understand? I need to know if anyone used this firmware and if there will be updated firmwares in the future.

May 31, 2011
This firmware is made by manufacturer of p800, "rooted" system.img repacked by enthusiast from Israel. I'm and other users from topic about p800 of forum china-iphone.ru use this firmware. Reseller in China promise to send newer firmware on this week. As soon as it happen, link will be available at that topic.

On that forum everybody talk in Russian and foreign-speaking peoples uses Google-translate service to understand us.

For me, for example, English is not comfortable. (I think you can see it in my posts because my grammar).

Claudyu

Apr 14, 2011
When the new firmware is available can you please post a link in this topic too?
And since you use this firmware can you tell me if some of the problems I have, are solved? For example:
-Android market working?
-proximity senzor
-microphone
-did you get rid of all those useless chinese applications?
-is it Android version 2.2 or 2.2.1?
-wireless working?
-bluetooth working (sending/receiving)
-both cameras working?
-GPS navigation with iGO working?
-if you reset the phone at factory settings do you lose the IMEIs?

what did you do to install this firmware?

May 31, 2011
-Android market working?
-proximity senzor
-microphone
-did you get rid of all those useless chinese applications?
-is it Android version 2.2 or 2.2.1?
-wireless working?
-bluetooth working (sending/receiving)
-both cameras working?
-GPS navigation with iGO working?
-if you reset the phone at factory settings do you lose the IMEIs?

what did you do to install this firmware?

Ok, I'll post link to new firmware, when it will exist.
Mic on my phone working excellent, Android 2.2, proximity sensor worked on Z800_2.2GG_FLV01.01B11, but on Z800_2.2GG_FLV01.01B16 it is not working, both cameras taking photos, but not video. GPS works with (download .osmand .net /latest-night-build/OsmAnd-stable.apk). Wifi is ok. I didn't here about loosing IMEI by this device. I didn't use Andr. market. Now when you have root access you may uninstall everything yourself.

Claudyu

Apr 14, 2011
would you please see if the bluetooth, android market, flash player and yahoo messenger is working? Do I need offline maps for OsmAnd to work?

May 31, 2011
Just now I send a *.docx file to Nokia phone by bluetooth without any problem. OsmAnd as i know will ask you to download offline maps at first run (You need just select Country/region you want to download) BUT i don't know is it free or not. My phone have no internet connection now, thats why i can't help you with flash and yahoo

cthulhu501

Jan 1, 2010
Hi,

I've questions about this phone. I've see this chinese model with new processor and dual sim support. On the paper it seems a very nice product:
http://www.shanzai.com/index.php/ma...00-phone-running-on-a-chinese-made-jz4760-cpu

but the problem is when i want to find to buy this product
1. is only in english or chinese (french is my mother tongue)
2. i had 3 p/n z800 or p800 or pz800 (in russia)
3. in some site it claims it's a MTK6515 cpu inside and is only a fake on the system properties for the p800
4. in all site it claims 256 ram and 512 rom, but in this topic you say 256/256

for exemple here for P800:
http://www.fastcardtech.com/goods-5...droid+22+os+GPS+Dual+sim+card+phone+wifi.html
and here for z800:
http://www.lightake.com/detail.do/s...iFi_JAVA_GPS_Qaud_Band_GSM_Smart_Phone_-37579

Where is the truth?

Finally if it's really the new Ingenic CPU, it's really better than a MTK6516?

Thanks for you advice

May 31, 2011
Hi,

I've questions about this phone. I've see this chinese model with new processor and dual sim support. On the paper it seems a very nice product:

3. in some site it claims it's a MTK6515 cpu inside and is only a fake on the system properties for the p800

Where is the truth?

Thanks for you advice

Hello.

1. Android on this phone (like on other) is multilingual (French exist exactly)
2. As i know p800 = z800 = pz800.
3. If it will be useful to you I can say that i owned Toshiba portege g810 for 1.5 years, p800 is really better. It is not so fast as HTC HD2, but not so slow as Toshiba Portege g810.
4. I don't know about it's ROM and RAM, beside it is enough for me.

Now some useful application are not installable on p800, but i believe that new firmware will made progress in this.
Some users said, that old versions of firmware had problems with low sensitive mic, now it is ok.
Till now the preamp level of speaker are too high, that is why not comfortable to use it on max volume.
And the 3rd difficulty us in setting up navigation software, people says, that it is impossible to install iGo or navitel (OsmAnd is workable).
The next problem is inability of setting max ringer alert volume, when speaking volume is not on the max level.

The quality of materials and manufacturing are high.
Oh, i forgot to say about excellent touch and bright (suppose AMOLED) screen.
The CPU model is jz4760

P. S. In store where i bought it the details are mistaken too ( www .aliexpress .com /fm-store/403972/210660520-441180847/Hot-Selling-2011-Android-2-2-Phones-P800-phones-with-gps-wifi-java-dual-sim-dual.html)

Last edited:
Reactions: cthulhu501

Claudyu

Apr 14, 2011
Hi, i have a firmware with loader, may be it will help you, https:// rapidshare .com /files/532906208/Z800_2.2GG_FLV01.01B16.rar - pls, delete 3 spaces from link

and i have link to "rooted" (https:// rapidshare .com /files/4267703916/system.rar - pls, delete 3 spaces from link) firmware to use it you must replace system.img from this archive to "img" folder of firmware uploader.

Please tell me step by step how did you root and install this firmware. If you could answer today it would be great. I tried to root with SuperOne Click to make a full backup in case something goes wrong but it didn`t work and I opened USBbootTool.exe but it`s in chinese and I don`t know what to do. A video tutorial would be really nice..

Last edited:
May 31, 2011
Step 1. Installing the driver loader.
0. Unpack the archive with the firmware.
1. Turn off the phone, remove battery.
2. Hold down the "volume up" button and connect to the cable.
3. Remove your finger from button. =)
4. PC will find new device and ask the driver (is sited in the "uboot_driver" folder).
5. after installing the driver to turn off the phone from cable.

Step2. prepearing Root
1. Replace file "system.img" in "img" folder with "system.img" from dedicated archive.

Step 3. Flashing:
1. Run USBBootTool.
2. Turn off the phone, detach battery.
3. Hold down the "volume up" button on the phone and connect USB-cable.
3 1/2. remove your finger from button.
4. The process will start automatically.
5. After flashing you'll see Chinese dialog window - it ask you to enter the serial number of 14 digits that has no matter.
6. After that, just insert the batteries, and power on your phone.

Warnings
1. This oeration will DELETE all your custom files, thats why backup phonebook to SD-card or to PC
2. Connect USB-cable to backplate of your PC and use original cable or better if possible.
3. Win 7 x64 didn't install that driver. You must use x86 (32bit) windows versions.

Last edited:

Claudyu

Apr 14, 2011
4. PC will find new device and ask the driver (is sited in the "uboot_driver" folder).

Step2. prepearing Root
1. Replace file "system.img" in "img" folder with "system.img" from dedicated archive.

Step 3. Flashing:
1. Run USBBootTool.
5. After flashing you'll see Chinese dialog window - it ask you to enter the serial number of 14 digits that has no matter.

Warnings
1. This oeration will DELETE all your custom files, thats why backup phonebook to SD-card or to PC
2. Connect USB-cable to backplate of your PC and use original cable or better if possible.
3. Win 7 x64 didn't install that driver. You must use x86 (32bit) windows versions.

Thank you for the reply. Where can I get that serial number? And what do you mean it doesn't matter? What settings did you had in USBbootTool? Mine is in chinese.

Last edited:
May 31, 2011
Thank you for the reply. Where can I get that serial number? And what do you mean it doesn't matter? What settings did you had in USBbootTool? Mine is in chinese.
Hi!
I didn't fill serial number at all, somebody fill this with random digits.
USBbootTool is in Chinese, all settings are correct, you do not need to change anything there. Just follow the instruction.
Good luck!

Claudyu

Apr 14, 2011
Thank you very much. It works.
1. After you unpack the archive the Z800_2.2GG_FLV01.01B16_生产版本 folder must be renamed to Z800_2.2GG_FLV01.01B16
2. The steps were correct but I don`t know how to verify that it`s rooted
3. Like you said it didn`t work on my Win 7 x64 so I went to my neighbor who had Win XP
4. I put 11111111111111 when it asked for serial number and it worked so it doesn`t matter indeed
5. Proximity senzor not working at all
6. Android keyboard missing (Sogou Input instead)
7. The name of the operators still doesn`t appear in notifications just like before. There are just some numbers: 22610 for Orange and 22603 for Cosmote
8. USSD code for Cosmote still not working. *123*2# - This is for showing me how many messages I have left on Cosmote.

I will test different applications so I can see what's working and I`m waiting for updated firmwares from you. Thanks again. You`ve been very helpful. There should be more people like you.

May 31, 2011
Thank you very much. It works.
1. After you unpack the archive the Z800_2.2GG_FLV01.01B16_生产版本 folder must be renamed to Z800_2.2GG_FLV01.01B16
2. The steps were correct but I don`t know how to verify that it`s rooted
3. Like you said it didn`t work on my Win 7 x64 so I went to my neighbor who had Win XP
4. I put 11111111111111 when it asked for serial number and it worked so it doesn`t matter indeed
5. Proximity senzor not working at all
6. Android keyboard missing (Sogou Input instead)
7. The name of the operators still doesn`t appear in notifications just like before. There are just some numbers: 22610 for Orange and 22603 for Cosmote
8. USSD code for Cosmote still not working. *123*2# - This is for showing me how many messages I have left on Cosmote.

I will test different applications so I can see what's working and I`m waiting for updated firmwares from you. Thanks again. You`ve been very helpful. There should be more people like you.

Thank you for comment.

I'm just translating information from Russian topic. And giving my experience of using this phone.
2. To verify rooting i'd install Root Explorer and now it is possible to set RW parametr on system folders. Some application start workig after changing firmware, before this apps said that root permission missed.
5. Yes, proximity sensor is not used by interface in this firmware.
6. Android keyboard are able to be selected. For example, open messages and choose creating of new SMS then made long press on text field and tap "select input method" appeared, you need to choose "Guboi alphabetic..."
7th & 8th problems are nod fixed yet

Reactions: zaweel

zaweel

Jul 10, 2008
Hello everyone, I have the same phone and when I was trying to root it start making problems and then it's not booting anymore, so this firmware is very important to me, I'm in United Arab Emirates and it's almost impossible to download from Rapidshare. So can anyone be kind and upload both of the firmware to any other site midiafire will be great if possible

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi,

Where is the truth?

Thanks for you advice

Hello.

1. Android on this phone (like on other) is multilingual (French exist exactly)
    2. As i know p800 = z800 = pz800.
    3. If it will be useful to you I can say that i owned Toshiba portege g810 for 1.5 years, p800 is really better. It is not so fast as HTC HD2, but not so slow as Toshiba Portege g810.
    4. I don't know about it's ROM and RAM, beside it is enough for me.

Now some useful application are not installable on p800, but i believe that new firmware will made progress in this.
    Some users said, that old versions of firmware had problems with low sensitive mic, now it is ok.
    Till now the preamp level of speaker are too high, that is why not comfortable to use it on max volume.
    And the 3rd difficulty us in setting up navigation software, people says, that it is impossible to install iGo or navitel (OsmAnd is workable).
    The next problem is inability of setting max ringer alert volume, when speaking volume is not on the max level.

The quality of materials and manufacturing are high.
    Oh, i forgot to say about excellent touch and bright (suppose AMOLED) screen.
    The CPU model is jz4760

P. S. In store where i bought it the details are mistaken too ( www .aliexpress .com /fm-store/403972/210660520-441180847/Hot-Selling-2011-Android-2-2-Phones-P800-phones-with-gps-wifi-java-dual-sim-dual.html)

Step2. prepearing Root

Step 3. Flashing:
    1. Run USBBootTool.

Warnings
    Hi!
    I didn't fill serial number at all, somebody fill this with random digits.
    USBbootTool is in Chinese, all settings are correct, you do not need to change anything there. Just follow the instruction.
    Good luck!