Admob has banned me

Search This thread

koochooloo

Aug 22, 2013
Toronto
Hi guys, today I woke up with a horrific news. I wanted to kill myself when I logged in to my Admob account. I am banned without a warning or at least a courtesy mail. I have been trying to find out the reason, I have read tons of similar posts and it looks like it is not very likely that they will reactivate my account. I need some suggestion about the mail that I will send them in order for them to understand that I did nothing wrong and that what they did is actually wrong.

I was getting 30k impressions daily and I am suspicious that somebody has attacked my application; however, isn't admob supposed to understand that and filter out those clicks?

This is so frustrating, any comment on this issue would be great.

Thank you so much.

Last edited:

Sir_Obvious

Aug 21, 2013
Hamburg
That's a really sad news.. I think it could be possible that some user just clicked your ads over and over again, just to get you banned.. Normally, I would suggest that admob is able to filter this clicks out, but it seems not in your case.
If i remember correct, there should be an official "protest"-formular online. But I would not put to much hope in int.
Maybe you should just try a new network, as soon as possible.

Reactions: koochooloo

koochooloo

Aug 22, 2013
Toronto
That's a really sad news.. I think it could be possible that some user just clicked your ads over and over again, just to get you banned.. Normally, I would suggest that admob is able to filter this clicks out, but it seems not in your case.
If i remember correct, there should be an official "protest"-formular online. But I would not put to much hope in int.

Thank you for your comments, It is really a shame if a person is able to make me banned that way. I have switched to another network but it will not be paying as good as Admob does. Anyways Google is the boss and I have no other option except abiding by whatever this giant wants.

out of ideas

Nov 10, 2012
Im surprised they couldnt filter out multiple clicks from one account. But they would probably just assume it was you telling someone to click on ads for them.

Can I ask what your app was?

pentium1061

Nov 4, 2008
Bangalore, India
Hi guys, today I woke up with a horrific news. I wanted to kill myself when I logged in to my Admob account. I am banned without a warning or at least a courtesy mail. I have been trying to find out the reason, I have read tons of similar posts and it looks like it is not very likely that they will reactivate my account. I need some suggestion about the mail that I will send them in order for them to understand that I did nothing wrong and that what they did is actually wrong.

I was getting 30k impressions daily and I am suspicious that somebody has attacked my application; however, isn't admob supposed to understand that and filter out those clicks?

Thank you so much.

If my Admob Publisher account gets banned, what happens to my Google Developer account? will it get banned too?

Jul 18, 2014
If my Admob Publisher account gets banned, what happens to my Google Developer account? will it get banned too?

In most cases the ban of admob not involve the ban on the developer console since the services are not related. However it's really strange that admob ban persons in this way, are you sure that you have not put ads near buttons to increase the click?

Crichton333

Apr 19, 2014
twitter.com
Post some screenshots of the locations where you put your admob banners and the names of your apps so we can tell you why you got banned.

Apps Master Buider

Aug 3, 2014
Hi! Sorry to hear about that. Based on my own experience conducting workshop for my students, we follows these guidelines:

1) Never click on your own app
2) Never open your admob account using public wifi
3) never open your admob account using the same gmail address as your google developer account.

There are few more advices we normally gives our students but those above is the major guidelines that students must follow.

I hope this helps you.

All the best. Never give up. Just continue open a new admob account as their new formats gives us better income.

Take care.

Kind regards.
Apps Master Builder.com

Generic Field

Aug 29, 2014
It is sad to hear about that.
Though this post is created last year, I have some questions and hopefully if you could help. Thanks.

1. Did you contact AdMob support to get more information about the ban?
  2. What happened to your App after the ban? Did it still show AD, Blanked, or simply make the App crashed?
  3. Did you try another AD network, such as MoPub mentioned by others?

Sep 15, 2014
Where did you place the ads? Did you abuse the system in any way? Could it be because of your apps? Did they contain copyrighted material?

Johannes Goß

Sep 15, 2014
MoPub allows you to mediate between a whole bunch of ad networks. The only disadvantage is that the support is very slow in answering your questions and in verifying your account. If you can live with that, I'd suggest changing to MoPub.

everfantasy3

Sep 22, 2014
you can chose something else.

I don't think there is much to upset, you can chose so many other ad networks since it is really so easy, such as startapp, mobilecore and mobvista, so easy to switch..

ChrisAirpush

Sep 26, 2014
Los Angeles
AdMob Alternative

Unless you have a ton of impressions, a solution like MoPub may be overkill. MoPub is a mediation solution that allows you to optimize between multiple networks to best value your inventory. It really is just a little more savvy than having a single network manage your inventory, and you have the ability to serve house ads.

Last edited:

mntoyama

Oct 22, 2014
Hi!
I've been banned too 3 or 4 months ago I think, and I decided to move to Adbuddiz (which is not working for me at all, btw) without sending the reply form to Admob. Two days ago I said "let's give it a try" and send that form to Admob to see if can recover my account somehow, and yesterday my account was OK again!
So, you have nothing to lose in sending that reply form, as long as you send a logic explanation :)

PS: Sorry for my english.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Im surprised they couldnt filter out multiple clicks from one account. But they would probably just assume it was you telling someone to click on ads for them.

Can I ask what your app was?

Thank you so much.