[RELEASE] EB01 rom, kernel, radio

Search This thread

zskate311

Dec 21, 2010
hey gang, so let me as you this...and sorry if this question has been asked...I didnt see it if it has been. I recently rooted my phone with no "rom". So I went from stock to a rooted phone for various reasons. I now want EB01 on my phone. What steps would I need to take to get that Froyo on my Sammy that is rooted (I LOVE BEING ROOTED...hotspot cough cough)...thanks!!!

Read the stickies man. You need to do alot of reading after root to learn how to install clockwordmod, flashing radios via Odin and what not.

Read read read!

Sent from my fascination with voodoo

Last edited:

bobloblaw1

May 25, 2010
This is rather old....

READ READ AND READ SOME MORE. MOST PEOPLE THAT HAVE ISSUES HAVE THEM BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T READ.

But what you want is Superclean as it is EB01 plus other newer builds. Basically, it's the best parts of the leaks and an improvement over EB01.

The easiet way to do this would be to Odin an image of Superclean to your phone.

Go here

And flash this:
Super Clean version 2.9 - EB01/EC16 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmodwith MALWARE protection
RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT EXTRACT HERE THE .rar file AFTER DOWNLOADING AND BEFORE USING(How to extract in post #2) -->EC16SC29_DXC.tar

Then get the update from the superclean thread and flash that throurh Clockwork Recovery.

Oh, and ONLY USE PDA MODE IN ODIN!! Phone mode will brick you.

Once you do all that start reading up on custom kernels and voodoo. Just take it one step at a time and don't rush into something you don't understand. No one wants a $600 paperweight.

Last edited:

bobloblaw1

May 25, 2010
Overall that guide is good...

It's a long method but it will help you unerstand the process better.

But don't worry about ROM manager. It's incompatible with our recovery and you will have more frustration than its worth dealing with it.

Also, get the new CWM Recovery in GizmoDroid's thread. That will also save you headaches and hassles.

wade163

Oct 26, 2010
Read the stickies man. You need to do alot of reading after root to learn how to install clockwordmod, flashing radios via Odin and what not.

Read read read!

Sent from my fascination with voodoo

RIGHT, but I am sure that you have found that there are several misleading facts, figures, and other false info on here...in short, I dont wanna brick my phone I found a site that I THINK has everyhing in a package, but at this point, I still would want my phone to work.

blackmamba0730

Nov 5, 2010
Plainville
RIGHT, but I am sure that you have found that there are several misleading facts, figures, and other false info on here...in short, I dont wanna brick my phone I found a site that I THINK has everyhing in a package, but at this point, I still would want my phone to work.

Its pretty much impossible to brick this phone as long as you know how to Odin.

Bricking builds character

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here it is folks, in its bloated, ugly, and nasty touchwiz self. Kernel is included in the package. Rooted and busybox, only.

How to install, coming from Eclair:

1. Boot phone to download mode, and flash modem via Odin. Use pda button.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?1r7uk6gf8d6s76z

2. Boot to clockwork recovery, and wipe data/factory reset. Then install rom.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?dj5567v7gsiwan7

3. Before rebooting, also install the new clockwork package.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=942021
    4. Boot up and enjoy...or hate. Your mileage may vary!

All the folks who helped check for watermarks...y'all know who ye are.
    The leaker, who we ended up serving for dinner with a nice bisque. We named it Leaker Bisque. Patent pending.
    Everyone should feel obligated to join IRC and give each and every dev a hug and a kiss for Valentine's day.
    WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys, seriously thank this dude for posting it. We've had it and it is LEGIT. It works wonderfully and don't forget to grab Superclean for this as well. Voodoo is out too.

Here, have a few mirrors Adryn.

MODEM (Flash in Odin before EB01):
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18199645/REAL FROYO EB01/eb01a_modem.tar

EB01:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18199645/REAL FROYO EB01/eb01a_modem.tar

Here's a link to everything currently out that you can do to get EB01 to do what you want.
    ALL THINGS COOL EB01
    shibby.... huge thanks to all of the devs for their work. you guys complete me :p
    When I flashed this rom it gave me a spontaneous erection, is this supposed to happen?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
    How might i flash the EB01 radio with Heimdall? I have tried. I am currently running the DJ05 radio with DL30 superclean 1.0

It was my understanding that a froyo update to the SGS line brings the necessary bootloader modification that is needed for our phone and heimdall to work together. DL30 is froyo... ostensibly that means we have the modified bootloader.

When i try to flash the EB01 radio with heimdall, i hit start, and it says it cannot find a compatible device. Can anyone shed any light on this?

When my backup is finished, I'm going to try to flash the radio with heimdall. I'll let you know how it goes. I think most people use Odin here, so I hope I can help you out.

EDIT: Here are the steps I took exactly (Ubuntu 10.10):
    1. Turned phone off and removed battery
    2. Held in volume down as I plugged it into my computer
    3. Opened heimdall-frontend from terminal
    4. Under "modem" section, I navigated to the modem.bin file I'd extracted from the zip in the OP
    5. Clicked "start"

Everything's good, I have the new radio. Did you extract the file "modem.bin"? It's different from Odin in that you must do that. Otherwise try downloading the file again and seeing if you have better luck.