AT&T One X+ 4.2.2 Update Guide with RUU

Search This thread

jdwilson

Feb 25, 2008
near THE ROCK, Arkansas
Dontcha love at&t. Get us all excited for a worthless update

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Thats strange

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda app-developers app

If I knew how to get to the "change log" I could tell you when mine was last updated.

Reactions: ahmadd

PhysicalEd

Dec 29, 2008
Boston
Just did an OTA update on mine and it's still 4.1.1 with Sense 4+. The always helpful AT&T software update says my current software is up to date and I may check again in 24 hours. :eek:

Haha, yeah, I checked for update, got one, downloaded, let it update, boots up... Hey, that's funny, Sense 5 looks just like Sense 4+.

Needless to say, I just got that small update too. I don't know what that's about, why would ATT be pushing out an apparently small maintenance update right when 4.2.is rolling out? Weird too that others say they've had that update for a while.

abetsi

Dec 18, 2010
North California
I think the 4.2.2 update is live now, guys. I updated this morning with the minor 4.1.1 bump and checked again a few minutes ago. I'm downloading a 500+mb update right now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-16-19-40-06.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-16-19-40-06.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 427
Reactions: Rapscallion16

towelboy

Jun 17, 2012
You guys will really enjoy sense 5! My battery lasts like an extra 4 hours a day now, plus free ram is always at least 300mb.

Sent from Selena Gomez's iPhone

veer.killerboy

Nov 14, 2012
jabalpur
Any update for telus version?

After tweeting a few higher-ups from HTC on Twitter, I got confirmation here that the Android 4.2.2 with Sense 5 update will be arriving in Quarter 4, which is the time frame between October and December. According to him, it is still going through the carrier certification and approval process, but it looks like we haven't been forgotten after all! :highfive:

NEW: Information and Speculation here!

NEWER: Update confirmed for Early January!

My HTC One x Plus(TELUS) is on 4.1.1 and sense 4+, so will be there any update? :confused: :confused:

kid fresh

Jan 17, 2014
htc one x+ on t-mobile upgrade

Does anyone know if you have to do anything special to get the update on a htc one x+ that's on the t-mobile network? Or am I just being impatient because checking for any update hasn't found anything yet.

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
My HTC One x Plus(TELUS) is on 4.1.1 and sense 4+, so will be there any update? :confused: :confused:

It looks like Telus isn't getting the update according to this update schedule, which lacks any mention of the X+.

Does anyone know if you have to do anything special to get the update on a htc one x+ that's on the t-mobile network? Or am I just being impatient because checking for any update hasn't found anything yet.

I don't actually know what happens if you're on another carrier. I don't see how they'd be able to send the OTA to you on another network, but it could be possible.

Last edited:

grigoriisi

Sep 29, 2011
quick question

now that i have a custom sense 5 rom installed can i run the latest att ruu with sense 4+? i am thinking not but just checking. is my only way a nandroid backup?

haccess

Jan 17, 2014
For anyone else who got the mystery minor update and are stuck with a 24 hour delay before you can check again for the 4.2.2/Sense 5 update, you can set your phone's date & time ahead one day under settings in order to update again "early".

Reactions: joey-pagan

scarletbaron

May 23, 2013
I cant seem to find the manual file to download via pc and install it. As I have network unlocked my ATT HOX+ im not sure if i will have the software update. Can someone point me in the right direction for the RUU (i think the term is right) to manually install it.
Thanks!

bskarthikeya

Nov 2, 2010
Unable to update to the 4.2.2 OTA

The first time I went to Settings -> AT&T Software Update and checked for updates, it downloaded a 532 MB file and said Restart...the phone restarted immediately and didn't update anything but still said Your phone has been updated. Nothing changed on it. I'm still on the same old 4.1.1. I tried going to Settings and tried checking for Update again, but it says phone is up to date and I'm not allowed to check for updates for another 24 hours. Is anyone else also facing a similar issue?

mpmz71

May 4, 2011
The first time I went to Settings -> AT&T Software Update and checked for updates, it downloaded a 532 MB file and said Restart...the phone restarted immediately and didn't update anything but still said Your phone has been updated. Nothing changed on it. I'm still on the same old 4.1.1. I tried going to Settings and tried checking for Update again, but it says phone is up to date and I'm not allowed to check for updates for another 24 hours. Is anyone else also facing a similar issue?

I'm actually experiencing an identical problem. I went through the same process and got to restart phone, but I don't think the phone truly ever restarted. I still show the old software, and it shows I'm up to date. I've tried tricking it by changing the date, but no luck.

I haven't found a way to recognize the update again. If anyone has an idea, I would love to hear it.

jstdontgiva

Aug 23, 2010
I'm actually experiencing an identical problem. I went through the same process and got to restart phone, but I don't think the phone truly ever restarted. I still show the old software, and it shows I'm up to date. I've tried tricking it by changing the date, but no luck.

I haven't found a way to recognize the update again. If anyone has an idea, I would love to hear it.

I have had the same problem. It said it was going to download 550mb update but then when the DL bar came up it showed 13.8mb...weird...guess I have to wait until tomorrow unless a manual update is posted online

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Just found out if you uncheck auto date/time in settings, move the date forward a day, you can update the phone. My 532mb update is dl now

towelboy

Jun 17, 2012

I don't think it works, you have to be on an at&t service to get the update push from at&t :(

ac42

Jan 17, 2014

I'm curious, what's your software #? I had a similar situation where an update downloaded, but it wasn't 4.2.2 or sense 5. I didn't think to look closer at what was happening and was more than surprised when my phone restarted at 4.1.1
Unfortunately I talked to our friends at HTC and they told me to do a factory restore and do the update over, but after doing that I have had no update pushed to me and when I manually check for an update it says none are available. I've waited 24hrs and tried again with no luck. I've tried manually setting the date ahead 24hrs several times with no luck either. Very frustrating, especially having waited so long for the update. Now I have to set my phone back up knowing I'll have to do it all over again when this finally gets figured out.

bskarthikeya

Nov 2, 2010
I'm curious, what's your software #? I had a similar situation where an update downloaded, but it wasn't 4.2.2 or sense 5. I didn't think to look closer at what was happening and was more than surprised when my phone restarted at 4.1.1
Unfortunately I talked to our friends at HTC and they told me to do a factory restore and do the update over, but after doing that I have had no update pushed to me and when I manually check for an update it says none are available. I've waited 24hrs and tried again with no luck. I've tried manually setting the date ahead 24hrs several times with no luck either. Very frustrating, especially having waited so long for the update. Now I have to set my phone back up knowing I'll have to do it all over again when this finally gets figured out.
I know exactly what you mean. I got that 13.8 MB or so update as well and the phone restarted and I wasn't able to find out what that update did exactly. But after that I immediately I tried the update again and this time it was the 532 MB file. But that didn't do anything as well.

veer.killerboy

Nov 14, 2012
jabalpur
So bad :(

It looks like Telus isn't getting the update according to this update schedule, which lacks any mention of the X+.

I don't actually know what happens if you're on another carrier. I don't see how they'd be able to send the OTA to you on another network, but it could be possible.

Feel bad, But thanks to dev. Now I am custom rom i.e 4.2.2 Sense 5:victory:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update Details: http://www.htc.com/us/software/software-updates/htc-one-x-sense-5-update/

AT&T RUU: https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/de...5_18.27.11.35L_release_341689_signed_0220.exe

Sense 5 ROMs: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36091570&postcount=1

Q&A

I am on the stock ROM, but my bootloader is unlocked and I am rooted. Can I accept the OTA update?

No, you must relock your bootloader before taking the update. Otherwise, it will do nothing.

Can I accept the OTA update while on a custom ROM like Viper, Elegancia, Blackout, etc?

No, because the OTA checks to see if any files have been tampered with from stock, so your phone will refuse to update. You will have to go back to a stock ROM or flash the RUU to get the update.

Will the Telus One X+ be getting the OTA update?

How do I get said update if I am not on the AT&T network?

Your only options at the moment are to flash a custom ROM based on Sense 5 or flash the RUU, as you cannot receive the OTA from AT&T while on another network.

Is there a way to get the update without updating the bootloader?

Yes, flashing a custom ROM based on Sense 5 will give you the update without updating your bootloader.

I tried updating, but it downloaded a 13 MB update and I'm still on Sense 4+. What gives?

The Sense 5 update is a two-part update. The first small update gets the phone ready for the larger and fully Sense 5 update.

But now I have to wait another 24 hours before I can check for updates again! What if I want it NOW?

You can go to Settings > Date and Time and uncheck Automatic Date/Time, then manually set the day ahead by one. This will allow you to check for updates again.

If you still have some unanswered questions or want something clarified leave a reply and I'll see what I can do. :fingers-crossed:
    Ok guys, there IS A WAY to flash when you have "error 158"

I got someone to test this out 1st, so i know it works (AT&T device tested)

Here's what you need ;

Minimal ADB\FASTBOOT HERE saves downloading THE WHOLE ANDROID SDK
    The OFFICIAL RUU (download is in the OP)
    and a file that i own, also known as the HBOOT. DOWNLOAD HERE

1st you will need to backup everything from sdcard,

reboot into FASTBOOT-USB (bootloader) make sure the USB is connected

Run the HBOOT exe file 1st, let that run, once that has run and done, run the RUU in fastboot-usb still with bootloader locked.

AND TADA

sorted

**I'AM IN NO WAY RESPONSABLE IF YOUR PHONE, BLOWS UP, BRICKS, DIES, BECOMES SENTIANT**
    I have successfully captured both the preliminary 13.8mb OTApkg.zip as well as the second 532mb OTApkg. The smaller(first) update caused me to lose root so I had to back through the steps to regain it. I am currently waiting for the files to upload to dropbox and will share the link when the upload is complete.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda developers app

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

It is strange, but the text file named version in the first OTApkg shows version 1.19.502.1 CL161932. Is this the older update that they might have accidentally left on their servers?! Regardless, I will still link to both packages.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda developers app
    Schedule Update!

I sent an email to Jason Mackenzie at HTC, and he was able to narrow down the timeframe for the 4.2.2 update to early January!:D A little far off, but it's great to finally hear some more definitive dates.

V0Dioda.png
    New Information and Speculation

I've been keeping up to date on the Twitter-sphere for any new HTC update info. The AT&T 4.2.2 update is still stuck in the certification process with AT&T. :( It appears though that the EVO 4G LTE will get an update via OTA to 4.2.2, then will have a 4.3 update given through PC only. This seems like a good possibility for the One X+ as well (at least the AT&T version). Also, the Droid DNA has a confirmed 4.2.2 release in November, with a confirmed update to 4.4 in Q1! This is also a possibility for our phone. Again, this is all speculation, but by the looks of it, 4.2.2 will most likely not be the last update for us! :laugh: