Tizen 4.0 for the Gear Sport has arrived!

Are you guys enjoying the new Tizen update?

• Total voters
Search This thread

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
The title says it all.

Changelog for our watch:
  • Samsung Health - Support various indoor workouts and back-to-back workout.
  • Samsung Health Widget - Samsung Health Widget now also supports and provides sleep stages information.
  • Advanced - Two advanced modes (Theater, Sleep) are added to keep user from disturbance during specific time and place. Modes can be toggled from quick panel.
  • Quick Panel - Newly added quick settings. Easier and faster interaction.
  • Messages - Draft messages can now be saved. Additionally, showing MMS image on notification cover view and animated messages are automatically played. Replying is now quicker and easier. Over 1,000 emojis supported.
  • Music - User can change to different music play source on Watch instead of using a Phone.
  • Setting menu - Improved categorizing of menus for better dicovery of features and items.

Things I've noticed so far that are new and not included in the official changelog (Tizen 4 perks):
  • You can now toggle whether to take or not screenshots by pressing and holding the power button and swiping the screen from left to right, inside a Settings menu.
  • New permissions management: When you open an app that requires Storage permission or Microphone permission, those will be asked to you directly instead of instantly granted (basically like since Android 6.0+).
    Permissions can be managed straight from Settings > Apps > Permissions.
  • Sliding down the Quick Settings menu feels a ton lot smooooooooooother.
  • Another really awesome feature is the ability to read not just the most recent from your messaging apps, like before, but also being able to read any previous messages in a really nice chat bubble view. Check out the last attached image as example.

Version: R600XXU1BSA1/R600OXA1BSA1/
Size: ~300MB.

Screenshots attached, enjoy!

Attachments

• photo_2019-01-21_10-54-09.jpg
    photo_2019-01-21_10-54-09.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 3,303
  • photo_2019-01-21_10-54-18.jpg
    photo_2019-01-21_10-54-18.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 3,307
  • photo_2019-01-21_15-09-59.jpg
    photo_2019-01-21_15-09-59.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 3,292
Last edited:

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
Another really awesome feature is the ability to read not just the most recent notification from your messaging apps, like before, but also being able to read any previous messages in a really nice chat bubble view. Check out the attached image as example.
@a.cid mind adding this to the Portal post? If possible.

Attachments

• photo_2019-01-21_15-09-59.jpg
    photo_2019-01-21_15-09-59.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 1,322
Last edited:

pizza_pablo

Dec 6, 2013
PNW
Another really awesome feature is the ability to read not just the most recent notification from your messaging apps, like before, but also being able to read any previous messages in a really nice chat bubble view. Check out the attached image as example.
What country are you in?

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
Nothing in India yet. Which country is yours?

Spain, but I manually changed my CSC to XAR months ago.

Does it work for whatsapp?

That screenshot I attached is from a WhatsApp conversation on its own.

This is a good news! Still nothing in Italy... :)

Seems to be a staged rollout, keep calm and wait for it!

What country are you in?

Spain, but I manually changed my CSC to XAR months ago.

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012

lordsheva

Feb 27, 2018
Italy

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
Reactions: pizza_pablo

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
I've posted a poll to see how many of us are enjoying the update and/or who dislikes or hates it! Let the voting begin...

cretu01

Jul 10, 2014
Does anyone know if you can change the CSC back using the same method after updating to Tizen 4.0?
Later update: yes, you can

Last edited:

Xombie11

Dec 15, 2017
They removed ("discontinued") the 24hr log widget with this update. That's pretty disappointing, it was a really cool view.

Reactions: pcjabber

erghetto

Apr 1, 2012
Napoli
ok done. it's everything fine.
If someone want to know something more i'm here.
What i've seen till now:
- Still Samsung Voice (no bixby)
- No new watchfaces

ciao, puoi dirmi che guida hai seguito precisamente? ho letto quella per gear s3, ma nel thread leggo che ad alcuni utenti (le ultime 2 pagine) non andava il programma. siccome non so assolutamente usare quel cmd o come si chiama, vorrei capire bene prima di fare guai.
mi puoi anche mandare un p.m. se vuoi. grazie

being him italian, i just asked him informations about the procedure. that's all guys, sorry for having written in italian

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The title says it all.

Changelog for our watch:
    • Samsung Health - Support various indoor workouts and back-to-back workout.
    • Samsung Health Widget - Samsung Health Widget now also supports and provides sleep stages information.
    • Advanced - Two advanced modes (Theater, Sleep) are added to keep user from disturbance during specific time and place. Modes can be toggled from quick panel.
    • Quick Panel - Newly added quick settings. Easier and faster interaction.
    • Messages - Draft messages can now be saved. Additionally, showing MMS image on notification cover view and animated messages are automatically played. Replying is now quicker and easier. Over 1,000 emojis supported.
    • Music - User can change to different music play source on Watch instead of using a Phone.
    • Setting menu - Improved categorizing of menus for better dicovery of features and items.

Things I've noticed so far that are new and not included in the official changelog (Tizen 4 perks):
    • You can now toggle whether to take or not screenshots by pressing and holding the power button and swiping the screen from left to right, inside a Settings menu.
    • New permissions management: When you open an app that requires Storage permission or Microphone permission, those will be asked to you directly instead of instantly granted (basically like since Android 6.0+).
      Permissions can be managed straight from Settings > Apps > Permissions.
    • Sliding down the Quick Settings menu feels a ton lot smooooooooooother.
    • Another really awesome feature is the ability to read not just the most recent from your messaging apps, like before, but also being able to read any previous messages in a really nice chat bubble view. Check out the last attached image as example.

Version: R600XXU1BSA1/R600OXA1BSA1/
    Size: ~300MB.

Screenshots attached, enjoy!
    Please, what is CSC and XAR?

CSC is the country code that your watch or Samsung phone comes with. It defines the preloaded apps, and the updates it should receive but it's easily changeable. XAR is the region, which is a generic USA one.

Have a look at the guide here if you wish to take the risk to change it on your watch: https://xdaforums.com/gear-s3/how-to/guide-how-to-change-gear-s3-r760-csc-t3784226

What i've seen till now:
    - No new watchfaces
    What i've seen till now:
    - No new watchfaces

Does this new update add the "my day" watch face that was released with the Galaxy watch?

The post literally above yours says it.
    No, the My Day watchface has remained as a Galaxy Watch exclusive.
    Same goes for Bixby.