Search This thread

Digitalkarma

Feb 3, 2011
S4rsG.jpg

Ro3La.png
7ghBj.png
4PUAb.png

KarmaKingdom Beta

hey all i am working on my first port, a retro port - based on RUU_Kingdom_S_Sprint_WWE_2.12.651.5, it is the one of the official firmware versions from the EVO 4G DESIGN.

It is completely stock Sense 3.0, Android 2.3.4 and firmware version 2.12.651.5, but since I ported this using the same stock base that I use for my DigitalKarmaROM, it has been bumped to Android 2.3.5 and version 4.67

The goal is to offer a completely stock experience(as if you had just activated an Evo4G design from the store) with the enhancements you've come to expect from a rooted rom. think of it in the spirit of Sprint Lover's ROM for Sense 3.0. there are still some glitches to work out but hopefully everything works in the end.

CREDITS

xXxViRuSxXx - Original thanks for porting the first Kingdom to our device and using his resources for refernce
the_plattypus - Huge thanks for teaching me the ways of porting. This rom would not happen or come sooner without his knowledge
Dieselford - for volunteering, wanting to learn and helping with resizing tasks
Mazda - for inspiring me to try porting and he is a porting monster in his own right! HAHAH
TEAM DIRT - for passing around ideas, kicking it, lively chats and the usual craziness that goes on lol

WHATS WORKING
- Almost everything

WHATS NOT WORKING
- Can't see yourself taking pic while in full-frontal camera view because of dark screen
- some HTC apps need resizing like HTC music, Gallery etc
- Weather app video lag heavily and discoloration
- Music app will close when switching orientation
- Friendstream widget logo still a white box
- you TELL me

CHANGELOG

Changelog for Beta v3.1: 09-28-12
- removed a2sd(was causing 4g/wifi and rooted apps not to work)

Changelog for Beta v3: 09-27-12
- keyboard resized
- Dialer/Call screen resized
- Calculator resized
- Calendar resized
- added Advanced Power Menu
- Sprint Hotspot hacked
- Smooth Scroll
- Native Screenshot Capture
- Sprint Lover's Battery %
- CRT Animations(partially done. only shows while closing)
- Dark Tremor A2SD
- WorldClock resized
- Some Build.prop tweaks
- couple Init.d tweaks(SDCard and Juwe11 ramscript)
- got rid of seperator bar in app drawer

Changelog for Beta v2: 09-14-12
- icons showing up in lockscreen and homescreen
- fixed a few other graphic glitches
- gallery now displays images
- weather app partially working

Changelog for Beta v1: 09-10-12
- resized homescreen and widgets to fit screen
- now 100mb internal space from 67mb

Alpha V3 changelog: 09-06-12
- Sound fixed(music player, notification/ringtones, in-call audio working)
- Mic fixed(phone works, Voice Search works)
- Camera half-fixed(Camera app works, but no front-facing camera in camera mode but works in camcorder)
- Video fixed(mp4, 3gp mostly working, youtube works)

Alpha V2 changelog: 09-03-12
- SD card now mounts
- HTC_IME resized qwerty in portrait mode only, number keypad still need resizingI've just started on this about two weeks now.

Alpha V1 changelog: 08-31-12
- it boots!

I've just started on this about two weeks now. This is an alpha build that is meant to be a preview of things to come and not much more. You can explore the UI in all its oversized glory and play around with some apps, menus etc. but don't expect it to be a daily right now...at least not yet. ;)

DOWNLOAD LINK

KarmaKingdom Beta V3

Disclaimer:
Let Rom settle/screen off for a minute on the first boot before continuing. Beta V3 still has lockscreen and rosie stability issues when loading up, but when everything loads up, it runs like normal. Hope you like!
I will not be responsible for any damages to your phone. :)

Attachments

• snap20120907_192356.jpg
    snap20120907_192356.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 1,443
  • snap20120907_192405.jpg
    snap20120907_192405.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 1,368
  • snap20120907_192655.jpg
    snap20120907_192655.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,361
  • snap20120907_192906.jpg
    snap20120907_192906.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,364
  • snap20120907_193406.jpg
    snap20120907_193406.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1,365
  • oQoHK.jpg
    oQoHK.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 754
  • hlKkql.jpg
    hlKkql.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 557
Last edited:

Dathion

May 16, 2012
Belton
WOOT!!! you got my attention. I will be watching this one. I happen to like 3.0 Just wish the quick launch widget would work for it lol

Reactions: Digitalkarma

Digitalkarma

Feb 3, 2011
Sexy and small. 4 inch screen :mad:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

rofl

Yeah dude, that was a major turn off for me to think about buying it. Because I did get the chance to use it once or twice in the sprint store and it was really nice, but the 4inch screen isnt enough! I sound spoiled. Hahahaha... anyway, DK... good work!

I wouldn't buy the phone either. Thank goodness for ports >:]

Last edited:

Digitalkarma

Feb 3, 2011
A small minor update. Was hoping to get sound or camera at least in v2 but have been distracted with football ;)

Anyway, I resized the English qwerty in the meantime so anyone who couldn't access the far right keys can now log in their Google account and everything else. I'll work on the # keypad, landscape mode and maybe some of the other languages as I go

SD card now works, so you can install some of your own apps and what not. No a2sd yet

Digitalkarma

Feb 3, 2011
Glad to see you got another Rom to work on Dk ,this looks like its gonna be a good turn out

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

This is gonna be fun!

hey glad to see ya both in here!

anyway thanks to the 14 people that tried both alpha versions. kinda like deja vu all over again to when i started my first rom. :)

i hope this time i don't have to beg you guys for feedback lol!

V3 is out guys. comment on it, test it. wondering if bluetooth audio works, and hopefully something else i miss that you caught.

i think i'm close to moving on from alpha phase.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S4rsG.jpg

Ro3La.png
    7ghBj.png
    4PUAb.png

KarmaKingdom Beta

hey all i am working on my first port, a retro port - based on RUU_Kingdom_S_Sprint_WWE_2.12.651.5, it is the one of the official firmware versions from the EVO 4G DESIGN.

It is completely stock Sense 3.0, Android 2.3.4 and firmware version 2.12.651.5, but since I ported this using the same stock base that I use for my DigitalKarmaROM, it has been bumped to Android 2.3.5 and version 4.67

The goal is to offer a completely stock experience(as if you had just activated an Evo4G design from the store) with the enhancements you've come to expect from a rooted rom. think of it in the spirit of Sprint Lover's ROM for Sense 3.0. there are still some glitches to work out but hopefully everything works in the end.

CREDITS

xXxViRuSxXx - Original thanks for porting the first Kingdom to our device and using his resources for refernce
    the_plattypus - Huge thanks for teaching me the ways of porting. This rom would not happen or come sooner without his knowledge
    Dieselford - for volunteering, wanting to learn and helping with resizing tasks
    Mazda - for inspiring me to try porting and he is a porting monster in his own right! HAHAH
    TEAM DIRT - for passing around ideas, kicking it, lively chats and the usual craziness that goes on lol

WHATS WORKING
    - Almost everything

WHATS NOT WORKING
    - Can't see yourself taking pic while in full-frontal camera view because of dark screen
    - some HTC apps need resizing like HTC music, Gallery etc
    - Weather app video lag heavily and discoloration
    - Music app will close when switching orientation
    - Friendstream widget logo still a white box
    - you TELL me

CHANGELOG

Changelog for Beta v3.1: 09-28-12
    - removed a2sd(was causing 4g/wifi and rooted apps not to work)

Changelog for Beta v3: 09-27-12
    - keyboard resized
    - Dialer/Call screen resized
    - Calculator resized
    - Calendar resized
    - added Advanced Power Menu
    - Sprint Hotspot hacked
    - Smooth Scroll
    - Native Screenshot Capture
    - Sprint Lover's Battery %
    - CRT Animations(partially done. only shows while closing)
    - Dark Tremor A2SD
    - WorldClock resized
    - Some Build.prop tweaks
    - couple Init.d tweaks(SDCard and Juwe11 ramscript)
    - got rid of seperator bar in app drawer

Changelog for Beta v2: 09-14-12
    - icons showing up in lockscreen and homescreen
    - fixed a few other graphic glitches
    - gallery now displays images
    - weather app partially working

Changelog for Beta v1: 09-10-12
    - resized homescreen and widgets to fit screen
    - now 100mb internal space from 67mb

Alpha V3 changelog: 09-06-12
    - Sound fixed(music player, notification/ringtones, in-call audio working)
    - Mic fixed(phone works, Voice Search works)
    - Camera half-fixed(Camera app works, but no front-facing camera in camera mode but works in camcorder)
    - Video fixed(mp4, 3gp mostly working, youtube works)

Alpha V2 changelog: 09-03-12
    - SD card now mounts
    - HTC_IME resized qwerty in portrait mode only, number keypad still need resizingI've just started on this about two weeks now.

Alpha V1 changelog: 08-31-12
    - it boots!

I've just started on this about two weeks now. This is an alpha build that is meant to be a preview of things to come and not much more. You can explore the UI in all its oversized glory and play around with some apps, menus etc. but don't expect it to be a daily right now...at least not yet. ;)

DOWNLOAD LINK

KarmaKingdom Beta V3

Disclaimer:
    Let Rom settle/screen off for a minute on the first boot before continuing. Beta V3 still has lockscreen and rosie stability issues when loading up, but when everything loads up, it runs like normal. Hope you like!
    I will not be responsible for any damages to your phone. :)
    Ok Flashed it and everything works that should (according to the OP) and i must say for being still in a rough stage it is REALLY fast considering everything. Also i can confirm that Audio playback through Bluetooth IS working. Connected my phone via bluetooth to my 2012 Optima and played my music just fine. Great Start and really stoked to see this keep getting better, we need more good sense 3.0 ROMs for the OG

YES! that was helpful. thank you!!

I'm eager to flash this but I'm going to wait until it gets resized. Dk roms are always the best. I can't wait to se where this goes. :D

Sent from my ever-changing OG Evo...

you mean this?

NAQzPl.png

oh rosie dock how i miss thee :)
    Ok, I got sound working now. You can listen to music, hear and talk on phone calls...youll have to access from lockscreen though, not sure how it went missing from the app drawer...

Mp4 video works well for some, lags in others or not at all. Working on camera later tonight
    1St reserved

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
    Are you going to upload that one soon?) )))

if i keep going at the pace i am then yes expect THAT one soon. :)
    gunna see if i can get some other stuff straighten out and find ways to add more internal space without sacrificing anything that was included with the stock rom. 67mb is not going to cut it lol

HHahahaha np. Looking good! It's really cool to see this come together like this. Maybe it'll shed more light on how much work it is working on a ROM. Well done man really awesome start.

yup! that is my intention haha! and if you played around with my other two alpha builds you can really get a feel for how much progress has been made. i like this kind of open development.

enjoy the show :)