[SHARE]APKTool For Phones! [23.04.14]

Search This thread

ChinmayKunkikar

Nov 15, 2012
Pune
APKTool For Android!

OP Updated with proper instructions. Do not forget to follow the same. :good:
Due to some problems using the latest version, I'm uploading the previous version in the Downloads, take a look.

Don't forget to hit Thanks and Rate this thread button if you find it useful! :angel:

Hello Friends!
I am here to share an Awesome Utility for our Great Themers who can now edit .apk files on the device itself! :)
This is the APKTool which can run on android itself!

Some features like:

• Decompile dex files
  • Decompile apk
  • Sign Apk
  • Make Odex
  • Zipalign
  • Extracting META-INF
  • dex2jar
  • jar2dex
  • Creating ROM Dump of current Rom
Are available in this app!
It works quiet good on my XSola, but I am sure It will run smoothly on devices with good amount of RAM! :good:

Here are few previews of the app:
Previews:

Screenshot_2014_02_24_00_46_24.png
Screenshot_2014_02_24_00_47_49.png

Screenshot_2014_02_24_00_48_27.png
Screenshot_2014_02_24_00_49_19.png

Downloads:

Instructions:

- Download apktool4.4_armhf.zip (recommended version) ( ~50MB ).

- Extract the zip to your preferred location.

- Install apktool.apk (Or similar name) from the zip file.

- Open the App, Navigate to the folder you have extracted the zip, long press it and select set as apktool data folder.

- Now navigate to /system/framework -> Tap on framework-res.apk -> Select 'import as framework' (This will be imported as framework 1)

-Tap on SemcGenericResUxp.apk and again select 'import as framework' (This will be imported as framework 2)

The tool extracts the app to the folder wherever the app is! So please do not extract any app directly through /system folder! :good:

ENJOY THE REST! :D

Good Luck! :good:

Last edited:

ChinmayKunkikar

Nov 15, 2012
Pune
I have checked..... Does not decompile apk properly. Tried decompile radio but not decompiled fully. Missing some files.

Sent from my old Neo V

Thanks for your feedback @AndroidNoob69 . And, I think even i had got an error about it. But did you tried recompiling it again? (Maybe with making some changes)
@Rajeev bro , do you get errors like these?

Sent from my Xperia Sola using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Rajeev

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Thanks for your feedback @AndroidNoob69 . And, I think even i had got an error about it. But did you tried recompiling it again? (Maybe with making some changes)
@Rajeev bro , do you get errors like these?

Sent from my Xperia Sola using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I already used this tool in ma XZ and Compiled Conversation.apk and some other apks without any problems....

Reactions: ChinmayKunkikar

Chocklety Boyee

Sep 23, 2013
Kathmandu,Nepal
Hey @cpkunki.. I am getting errors while decompiling and recompiling both..plz help me.. 1st screenshot while decompiling and second one while recompiling..

Sent from my LT28h using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1393594277725.jpg
    1393594277725.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 729

Wind07

Jun 24, 2013
Singapore
This is not the full apktool and @cpkunki is not the maker of the app. As mentioned, this app does not decompile and compile properly as it is missing sony framework tables.

Sent my Carbonised Xperia P

ChinmayKunkikar

Nov 15, 2012
Pune

I am so sorry @Chocklety Boyee , but as @AndroidNoob69 said, I have not created this app or I do not know how to debug things because I am still a learner on XDA.

I asked one of my friend, (A Samsung user) he said try putting the app in the /system folder and decompile it.
I did that before posting this thread. Yes it got decompiled, but the problem was that I couldn't delete the folder where the app was decompiled, only its contents got deleted. :eek:

Try doing the same, but please make a backup before doing so :fingers-crossed:. Don't blame me :p .
And do tell me the results. :)
@abo hani, glad you liked it. :)

Last edited:

Wind07

Jun 24, 2013
Singapore
I encourage you guys not to use apktool on phones. It is and is never the full version. It is missing framework files and there is no way you can install them.

ChinmayKunkikar

Nov 15, 2012
Pune
The apk is not working after edit with xml editer

Oh! I don't know bro. Sorry!

I encourage you guys not to use apktool on phones. It is and is never the full version. It is missing framework files and there is no way you can install them.

Wait bro!
Did you follow the instructions correctly?
Especially this one - Open the App, Navigate to the folder you have extracted the zip, long press it and select set as apktool data folder ?

And also, this IS working on phones like Xperia Z. Because @Rajeev bro was able to add his own Banner, 'Developer Name' in About Phone in Settings!
And also, the main developer is not mad to create such a project in Google code and on GitHub. :silly: :rolleyes:

Reactions: EnvyBot and Rajeev

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    APKTool For Android!

OP Updated with proper instructions. Do not forget to follow the same. :good:
    Due to some problems using the latest version, I'm uploading the previous version in the Downloads, take a look.

Don't forget to hit Thanks and Rate this thread button if you find it useful! :angel:

Hello Friends!
    I am here to share an Awesome Utility for our Great Themers who can now edit .apk files on the device itself! :)
    This is the APKTool which can run on android itself!

Some features like:

• Decompile dex files
    • Decompile apk
    • Sign Apk
    • Make Odex
    • Zipalign
    • Extracting META-INF
    • dex2jar
    • jar2dex
    • Creating ROM Dump of current Rom
    Are available in this app!
    It works quiet good on my XSola, but I am sure It will run smoothly on devices with good amount of RAM! :good:

Here are few previews of the app:
    Previews:

Screenshot_2014_02_24_00_46_24.png
    Screenshot_2014_02_24_00_47_49.png

Screenshot_2014_02_24_00_49_19.png

Downloads:

Instructions:

- Download apktool4.4_armhf.zip (recommended version) ( ~50MB ).

- Extract the zip to your preferred location.

- Install apktool.apk (Or similar name) from the zip file.

- Open the App, Navigate to the folder you have extracted the zip, long press it and select set as apktool data folder.

- Now navigate to /system/framework -> Tap on framework-res.apk -> Select 'import as framework' (This will be imported as framework 1)

-Tap on SemcGenericResUxp.apk and again select 'import as framework' (This will be imported as framework 2)

The tool extracts the app to the folder wherever the app is! So please do not extract any app directly through /system folder! :good:

ENJOY THE REST! :D

Good Luck! :good:

@mamenvn
    @AndroidNoob69
    @Chocklety Boyee
    And other bros

We can install the framework files!
    In fact, we have to do it to get rid of errors!
    There's way way to do that too.

Please try the following step and try decompiling and recompiling apps.

After doing all the steps mentioned in OP,
    Go to /system/framework -> Tap on framework-red.apk -> Select 'import as framework' option
    Then tap on SemcGenericResUxp.apk and again select 'import as framework' option

This will fix the decompiling and recompiling errors most probably.

Note that if you want to decompile apps other than your system apps, you should import the respective framework files.
    @Rajeev bro.. I was able to compile and decompile other nonsystem apk easily and without error but system apk gives error both on compiling and decompiling as on screenshot few post before..any help and idea bro?? Any other apps that need to installed?? Thank in advance..

Sent from my LT28h using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hello bro!

Did you see this post?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50728166

And the instructions I have mentioned in it?
    (May help).
    Such a useful thread bro... Keep it up

Always to do possible help to you bro. :)
    The apk is not working after edit with xml editer

Oh! I don't know bro. Sorry!

Wait bro!
    Did you follow the instructions correctly?
    Especially this one - Open the App, Navigate to the folder you have extracted the zip, long press it and select set as apktool data folder ?

And also, this IS working on phones like Xperia Z. Because @Rajeev bro was able to add his own Banner, 'Developer Name' in About Phone in Settings!
    And also, the main developer is not mad to create such a project in Google code and on GitHub. :silly: :rolleyes: