[Q] Flashing Stock Rom

Search This thread

flasherruts

Sep 11, 2013
Mumbai
I am doing just fine with my moto x.I unlocked its bootloader and flashed supersu to gain root access.I am using xposed with gravity box and have no complaints whatsoever.I am Just taking a second opinion and would like to know how to flash a stock rom. I ahve downloaded the stock rom of my device and have extracted it.How do I flash it via the SDK ? Since I am rooted , do I just flash the recovery after unrooting ( from the app ) or do I flash the whole rom ? I just want to be sure so that incase anything goes wrong I know how to recover.Thanks for your time.
Cheers

NWKENT

Dec 17, 2010
Tryon, North Carolina
I am doing just fine with my moto x.I unlocked its bootloader and flashed supersu to gain root access.I am using xposed with gravity box and have no complaints whatsoever.I am Just taking a second opinion and would like to know how to flash a stock rom. I ahve downloaded the stock rom of my device and have extracted it.How do I flash it via the SDK ? Since I am rooted , do I just flash the recovery after unrooting ( from the app ) or do I flash the whole rom ? I just want to be sure so that incase anything goes wrong I know how to recover.Thanks for your time.
Cheers

Sir..you never need to "unroot".. the easiest way to flash the stock ROM is with RSDLite..but one can certainly use adb also..when you flash the stock ROM..the current recovery on the device will be overwritten back to the stock recovery..then flash TWRP or the other recovery, install SuperSU zip from your storage in TWRP..when you boot the device, it'd be rooted then..but you can gain root only with a custom recovery like TWRP..stock recovery will not work to gain root..if you wish the leave stock recovery, then a root exploit would be required..(if one is available)..

I hope your question has been answered..

Sent from my:
(Jaocagomex debloated)
4.4_19.6.3 (Unlocked)
XT1080M Droid Maxx #2
http://waynekent.com/page6.html

Last edited:

flasherruts

Sep 11, 2013
Mumbai
I am wanting to unroot my phone.I wanted to know what procedure do I have to follow to flash a stock rom because I am a bit confused about flashing stock via the sdk.I know how to flash a custom recovery and gain root access.I wanted to know how to flash stock on my device.I am using a xt1052.Asia retail

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
I am wanting to unroot my phone.I wanted to know what procedure do I have to follow to flash a stock rom because I am a bit confused about flashing stock via the sdk.I know how to flash a custom recovery and gain root access.I wanted to know how to flash stock on my device.I am using a xt1052.Asia retail
If you have the SBF file which matches the rom version on your phone, then there are several ways to flash stock....

See -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/MotoX-ReturnToStock.html that explains several ways to get back to stock.

Option 2 being the quickest way depending on the mods to your phone and what you are looking to do. Option 5 is the way to flash the full rom and get back to stock via command line using mFastboot.

Reactions: flasherruts

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you have the SBF file which matches the rom version on your phone, then there are several ways to flash stock....

See -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/MotoX-ReturnToStock.html that explains several ways to get back to stock.

Option 2 being the quickest way depending on the mods to your phone and what you are looking to do. Option 5 is the way to flash the full rom and get back to stock via command line using mFastboot.