[APP][4.0+] Pixel Player - Beta 1.0 (Music Player)

Search This thread

kcrims

Jun 12, 2014
Hello everyone!
This is my first app, so don't judge strictly please :)
bug report and suggestions are really helpfull and welcome :)

Pixel Player

Pixel Player is an highly customizable and lightweight but powerfull (and in continous developing) music player for Android.​

Features :
> Material UI - Android 5.0 inspired UI
> Folder Tab
> Customizable Colors
> Gapless Playback
> Hide Tabs
> Lockscreen controls
> Notification controls (Normal and Expand)
> Intelligent Queue Management (Drag & Sort)
> 3 different Widgets
> Headset button controls
> Equalizer (support DPS Equalizer and Bass Boost)
.. more to come !

To do :
> Translate in more languages : if you would like to help me, don't hesitate to contact me !
> Full Material Design
> New Features
> Bug fixing
> Suggestions ?

Download :

Check this post for latest version : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=60147551&postcount=297

FREE VERSION (Rate it please :D )

PRO VERSION

Changelog:

Version 1.3.2.9 :
- New UI redesigned (Android 5.0 inspired), new Dark Theme (only for Pro version) and a lot of UI improvements
- Improved RAM consumption (Cache moved from memory to disk)
- Improved Widget and Notification control
- Added tutorial
-Preference to enable/disable Tint Status Bar (Android 4.4+)
- New Search feature
- Added feature to *automatically* download covers music (Settings -> Download Album Covers), disabled at default

Review:
Phone Arena Short Review
thanks in particular @CedArctic for his awesome review :)

Please consider this is a Beta and my first app, bugs could occurs :)
Suggestions and bugs report are very very welcome !
Enjoy !

Screenshot Attached:
more screenshots in play store link (screens are a bit outdated, in current application you can find more material design )

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-26-22-08-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-26-22-08-48.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 2,656
  • Screenshot_2014-10-26-22-10-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-26-22-10-49.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 2,678
  • Screenshot_2014-10-26-22-08-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-26-22-08-05.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 2,652
  • Screenshot_2014-11-01-18-08-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-01-18-08-42.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 2,474
Last edited:

Yeti12

Mar 22, 2013
www.yeti-designs.com
Positives: Really nice app for the first beta, I like the option to customise the Action Bar colour (and yes it's called action bar not title bar) and it's very fast and smooth, and it has a few nice features.

Negatives: At the moment is very unstable and crashes a lot as you leave the app, the app isn't translated to English properly (few phrases missing) and on an HDPI device colours for the action bar are cut off on the right side (I've attached a screenshot), maybe you can make it scrollable.

Keep up the good work! :good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-29-14-05-09.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-29-14-05-09.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 3,824
Last edited:

AssaSsiNMiLeS

Aug 25, 2013
Would be cool if you make your strings public so that the community can translate your app to other languages. Another thing is that I'm using Viper4Android equalizer and your app just creates a toast which says that I should restart my phone whenever I try to open equalizer settings.

lukers123

Feb 22, 2014
NICE!

Great idea..
i like the UI

feature request :)
-swipe to change tracks.
-english translation :)
-ability too search all.. you wont need to go to the artist section to search for artist.. like that..

bugs :(
-there are some songs/artist/albums that is not appearing when searched.
-some tracks doesnt appear on the artist/abum
-it crashes too

overall good app :)
keep it up

sorry for my english not my first language

kcrims

Jun 12, 2014
Thanks to all of you for trying my app, your feedback and report are really helpfull

At this stage it's clear it is too soon for a public release, but i would really appreciate if someone wants to help me testing the app so i can discover and fix bugs as soon as possible (when the app crash i receive logcat on my mail).

Positives: Really nice app for the first beta, I like the option to customise the Action Bar colour (and yes it's called action bar not title bar) and it's very fast and smooth, and it has a few nice features.

Negatives: At the moment is very unstable and crashes a lot as you leave the app, the app isn't translated to English properly (few phrases missing) and on an HDPI device colours for the action bar are cut off on the right side (I've attached a screenshot), maybe you can make it scrollable.

Keep up the good work! :good:

Thanks for your feedback, i really appreciate it :) I've tried to fix all the crashes and i've to work on the Color Picker windows (it's an external library) and on layout too.

Would be cool if you make your strings public so that the community can translate your app to other languages. Another thing is that I'm using Viper4Android equalizer and your app just creates a toast which says that I should restart my phone whenever I try to open equalizer settings.

My bad, many words was in italian language, i've translated the whole app (i hope :D ) in english. if someone wants to help me with the translation would be great :)
I need to work to implement Viper4Android support (at the moment the app only try to start the default android equalizer)

Great idea..
i like the UI

feature request :)
-swipe to change tracks.
-english translation :)
-ability too search all.. you wont need to go to the artist section to search for artist.. like that..

bugs :(
-there are some songs/artist/albums that is not appearing when searched.
-some tracks doesnt appear on the artist/abum
-it crashes too

overall good app :)
keep it up

sorry for my english not my first language

Thanks for your feedback too, i'll try to implement your request as soon as i fix this annoying bugs :)

This is the new version : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27858472/PixelPlayerPro_1.0.5.apk

sugarkane87

Oct 22, 2012
Bandung
Overall is good app, especialy the UI :good:

Sugestion:

1. add view options for artist and album ( list or grid )
2. can download missing artwork
3 fetching lyrics

Bug:

I think the color picker not yet fixed on HDPI device

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-02-13-12-01.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-02-13-12-01.png
    67 KB · Views: 852

kcrims

Jun 12, 2014
Version : 1.0.7, more bug fixing !! :D
(still looking for testers, apps still unstable, hope to hunt down all the issues)
DOWNLOAD : Pixel Player 1.0.7

Overall is good app, especialy the UI :good:

Sugestion:

1. add view options for artist and album ( list or grid )
2. can download missing artwork
3 fetching lyrics

Bug:

I think the color picker not yet fixed on HDPI device

Thanks for your feedback man :)
I'll implement in order 2-3-1 after i'll fix all the bugs. The color picker windows is an external library developed by another dev, btw i'll try to fix it.

Good App liking it! when press on Equalizer Pixel gets stop

Thanks for feedback!!
I'm noticing that the equalizer behaves in a strange way, this is caused by a lot of different equalizer (stock, viper4android, CyanogenMod, xposed framework, ...), implemented in custom ROMs, I'm trying to solve this problem (some bugs were fixed in 1.0. 7, try it;))

72off

Dec 31, 2013
Sugestions if you want to make this the N°1 Android Player

- YouTube search and play video
Including playlist support
screen off/other aplication playback ( I Use "Freddi yt player" for this)
Pin videos (or audio download) for offline use

- Buit in Album art downloader and mp3 tag editor (I use mp3dit for this)

- Lyrics grabber (I used to use "lyrics" for this (stopped working))
Just play a music and with one click see the lyric
Sync All option for offline use
Button on the app and also on notifications for lyrics.

So,here we have 3 difference apps that could be just one,(also some new features for them) plus the stock music player
And would be "revolutionary" for non advanced users

Congrats for theming, also good musical taste
Subscribing for this thread

Reactions: mhashim6

freitaz

Jan 21, 2014
Manaus, AM
I downloaded your app today. It is very nice, with a cool interface. I liked it very much and will start to use it to see if I can spot some bugs.
I have a request. My phone is a Samsung with stock rom. I would like the app to have a lockscreen widget to control music, such as the one seen in one of your screenies. It is possible?

EDIT: by some random reason, the widget appeared.
The app keeps appearing in notification bar, even when it's inactive and don't playing music. Is there a way to get rid of this?

Last edited:

eskorpiao112

Jan 31, 2012
Coimbra
One sugestion:
Make a tab to see the music by the folders. The rocket player have this feature and it's only because of this that i use it. Seriously dude, add a tab of folders where we can see our music by folders and i will start using your app.

Reactions: fjuniper

zenrev

Jun 28, 2014
Seoul, Korea
www.thezenof.me
Feature request - smart shuffle = all songs until entire catalog is played, not the "random" shuffle nearly all players have, that cycles through the same songs over and over. The only player I've found that approaches this is just playlists. The shuffle Gods have long ago given up on us..

Sent from my LG-V510 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

LifeAsADroid

Sep 17, 2012
Awesomeville, USA
Looks promising, will definitely check it out. A couple of ideas or suggestions:

Does the player currently (or will it in the future) have the option to pull music from folders on cloud storage instead of on the device itself? It would free up a ton of storage space on our phones, for those that don't have much room for our massive playlists.

Also, is the album art downloaded and kept "post-song" in a file of some sort? If so, can the ability to enable or disable the album art download be added once the album art function is added in to the player? Again, just thinking of saving limited space 8)

EDIT: Also a big fan of suggestions of others! Swyping to skip forward or backward would be real nice feature, as well as the option of adding the lyrics to the app main page. An option for dark (Holo dark?) would be a nice touch as well.

Last edited:

akshyat

great simple interface

Loved simple interface. And loved the feat "hide small audio files "... notification sounds wont play . Great idea
One suggestion after using player for 10 mins.
Can we add indivisual songs to the queu rather than the whole list of songs is played when a song is selected from the "songs" tab. In my view user wouldnt want to play all songs at any given time, rather music depends on time or affect and .. so many artist or album have songs we want to listen to a particular time.

Last edited:

iam_delan0

Jan 21, 2014
Goa
Great for a Beta!

Suggestion: Add tab to browse music through folders and continuous gap-less playback would be great.

Cheers :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone!
    This is my first app, so don't judge strictly please :)
    bug report and suggestions are really helpfull and welcome :)

Pixel Player

Pixel Player is an highly customizable and lightweight but powerfull (and in continous developing) music player for Android.​

Features :
    > Material UI - Android 5.0 inspired UI
    > Folder Tab
    > Customizable Colors
    > Gapless Playback
    > Hide Tabs
    > Lockscreen controls
    > Notification controls (Normal and Expand)
    > Intelligent Queue Management (Drag & Sort)
    > 3 different Widgets
    > Headset button controls
    > Equalizer (support DPS Equalizer and Bass Boost)
    .. more to come !

To do :
    > Translate in more languages : if you would like to help me, don't hesitate to contact me !
    > Full Material Design
    > New Features
    > Bug fixing
    > Suggestions ?

Download :

Check this post for latest version : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=60147551&postcount=297

FREE VERSION (Rate it please :D )

PRO VERSION

Changelog:

Version 1.3.2.9 :
    - New UI redesigned (Android 5.0 inspired), new Dark Theme (only for Pro version) and a lot of UI improvements
    - Improved RAM consumption (Cache moved from memory to disk)
    - Improved Widget and Notification control
    - Added tutorial
    -Preference to enable/disable Tint Status Bar (Android 4.4+)
    - New Search feature
    - Added feature to *automatically* download covers music (Settings -> Download Album Covers), disabled at default

Review:
    Phone Arena Short Review

Please consider this is a Beta and my first app, bugs could occurs :)
    Suggestions and bugs report are very very welcome !
    Enjoy !

Screenshot Attached:
    more screenshots in play store link (screens are a bit outdated, in current application you can find more material design )
    Version 1.1 out , i'm preparing version for play store :)

Download :
    Pixel Player 1.1

Changelog:

Version 1.1 :
    - Improved artwork download feature (now you can choose artist name and album name, it helps with messed up mp3 tag)
    - UI adjustments (overall graphics and icons)
    - Improved startup works (app will start faster)
    - Bugs fixing (shuffle bug reported by @freitaz )
    - improved background service
    New version is out !! Sorry for the little absence (had a lot of works :D )

Version 1.0rc5:
    - Added option to sort music (artists, albums, songs, playlists)
    - Added long click feature : when a song is long clicked, it will be played as next song (will be forced as next song if shuffle is enabled)
    - Added support to DPS Equalizer
    - Added option (in settings) to enable/disable the headset buttons control (change songs long-pressing volume buttons when screen is off ) *need to test it*
    - UI in music player (sliding panel) improved
    - minor fixing;

Download :
    Pixel Player 1.0rc5

Edit : @Gallardo994 the icon looks great!! I had a lot of works these days , I'll try your icons in the weekend ! (and tell me if the option to disable volume buttons works, I've not tested it :D)
    Something like this, so I can hide the tabs I don't use and unclutter the UI.
    View attachment 2864516

Regarding the artwork downloads, a lot of players are downloading the wrong artwork. A basic image search with customizable query would be top notch.

Oh and great job OP, the player is improving and actually listening to user feedback will win you lots of support
    Ok, i like this suggestions.. i'll implement this in next version (in rc7, rc6 will be out tomorrow... or in the weekend)

Great job, man. Have you tried that music search API by the way?
    Yes,i've played a bit with that api... i'll try to implement it later :)

could we also get loopback button on the widget (the small one)? Thanks.
    i've not implemented it because the buttons would be smaller... if many of you like the loop button, i'll implement it :)

Thank you for your hard work. In my opinion, don't spend too much tome on the automatic artwork download feature. Or at least make options to turn it off and save battery and data. It's needed once per album and mostly because of lazy users who don't wish to search for album cover on the Internet. Also, there are plenty stand alone apps on the play market for that.
    Your player has great interface, it's light and smooth. If you continue to add features will became bloated and slow.
    Yes, i'll not add too many automatic features (=background process, battery drain, performance issues..), in next release i'll add only an option in the menu to download artwork for the current playing song. I need to work more on the aumatic download artwork for the entire library to implement it wisely (it should download artwork only for valid mp3 (skip audiofiles, songs with no tags,...).

tried a bit more. it is a great player the developer is willing to listen to the users.
    several glitches have found
    1. add to playlist will pop up a list of playlist which is not in English or user language
    2. homepage could have the option like the last one. favorite should be named as playlist to match the tab name
    3. when the queue panel is on, press the back button will not hide the panel but quit the app.
    4. close the player from notification doesn't work as expected. it will disappear first and then come back
    5. the most annoying one is actually the wait time to open the app. took like a few seconds >3s to the UI.

another UI thing of personal taste is to have configurable transparency of the widget and remove the separate dash line.
    1) it scans for playlist already saved in android, having this issue only wth my player ?
    3) i'll check t !
    4) yeah, sometmes it act weird ... i need to identify and fix the problem asap
    5) i'll try to to work to improve speed at startup when i've some spare time, but i think i can't do much to improve it.. app load all the UI component at startup, this is required to give a fluid user experience when music player is loaded :)

Fantastic app so far! I'm really glad to see that the dev is so focused on refining the app and making perfect! Only recommendation on my end is for a white "now-playing" icon for the status bar. Thanks, and keep up the good work (as you can!)
    Icon and notification icon is not final version.. in next version you'll se the new icon (thanks @Gallardo994 :) ) and the white notification icon ;)

P.S. thanks everybody for all positive comments and suggestions
    Thanks everyone for feedback, testing and nice review :)

I'm working this days to fix some annoying bugs and i've rebuilt from scratch some critical application parts (service and mediaplayer related), i'll release a fresh new version (you'll need to uninstall the current version, sorry for this). Give me a couple of days to implements and test the last features. Thanks again to everyone, i really appreciate positive criticism and suggestions. :)

P.S. I'm looking for a free bugtracking platform (atm i'm using bugsense.com, but my free trial is expired..), any suggestions ? i'm looking at crittercism.com now..