Big News! rmplugin(not rmsplitter) for tcpmp!!

Search This thread

netqer

Feb 1, 2009
It's a rmplugin for tcpmp developed by ghosting from pdafans.com(Chinese).

Source: bbs.pdafans.com/viewthread.php?tid=884413&extra=&highlight=&page=1

It was tested on Xda flame with rv40+aac,rv30+cook(low bitrate).

But it didn't play so smoothly with rv40+aac(640*480,25fps,600kbps).

important: try to import the fix.reg while your rm video can't be played.

Sorry for my BAD English....

Attachments

• rmplugin.zip
    377.4 KB · Views: 2,357
Last edited:

frmariam

Oct 21, 2008
These are nice news indeed :) Did the author rlease the source code for this (and if so could you post it here? pdafans doesn't allow to view posts unless you're a member...).

The plugin seems to piggyback on dlls compiled from mplayer by ajeet (version 0.3).

Just tried and it works quite well (apart from a display issue if "Pixel Aspect Ratio" is set to "Auto"... the image becomes too stretched...).

Attachments

• mplayer-0.3-iwmmxt.cab
    4.4 MB · Views: 684
Last edited:

netqer

Feb 1, 2009
the author said he would release the source code soon.

but until now I didn't see the source.

Maybe the Mplayer on ppc and this rmplugin share the same binary code from real, I think.

in addition, thank you for your introduction to this new mplayer.

Last edited:

frmariam

Oct 21, 2008
Those are good news :)

TCPMP has been seeing a lot of action lately. bimbam69 did some much needed updates and improvements and even skin support to TCPMP.

ajeet hasn't released his sources yet... Don't know if those plugins can be compiled direcly from mplayer without any modifications... If not we'll have to wait for him to update these components or release the sources.

Sorta works... Sorta doesn't...

Just downloaded, currently testing... So far, the .rmvb files I have will parse, and I can hear the audio just fine, unfortunately I could do the same with my previous rmsplitter plugin. I still cannot see video however. I get the error message "RealVideo9 not supported!" any ideas? Is this an improvement over just the rmsplitter plugin? and if so, which RealVideo formats does it support?

frmariam

Oct 21, 2008
Video works for me...

Try deleting the old rmsplitter and the whole TCPMP registry subkey using a registry editor...

Final Report

Video works for me...

Try deleting the old rmsplitter and the whole TCPMP registry subkey using a registry editor...

As it turns out, I did not need to delete the subkey, It appears .rm files encoded using RealVideo9 cannot be played, but .rm files encoded using older versions of RealVideo can. During testing, I also noticed that audio and video were out of sync, with the video playing approximately .5 to .7 seconds faster than the audio playback. Also, the video tended to freeze at points with high motion, then jump forward to a almost synced point. Compared to the .rm plugin for PWMP, the video playback is a cut above, smooth and crisp, if a bit choppy. However, the PWMP version has slightly better audio synchronization, with the audio stopping when the video did, even with chop. This plugin is a significant step forward in the area of RealMedia playback, but more testing/development is needed, especially in the areas of removing .dll dependencies altogether, and improving audio/video synchronization though this may be a hardware issue. I am definitely looking at this as a valuable addition to my Master Codec Pack once development is complete.

Last edited:

frmariam

Oct 21, 2008
The video playback portion is done by the dll files that were done by ajeet...

In his thread some users reported they needed to use add LoadModuleLow, 1 (reg name, value) to use them but I personally didn't experince this (did you import the fix.reg file to your registry?). Then again other users in ajeet thread were also not able to watch real video.

ghosting won't be able to update these since ajeet never released the source (also the latest version of wince mplayer doesn't even come with the rv20, rv30 and rv40 dlls).

Last edited:
Actually, I entered all the reg entries manually, and playback works almost flawlessly with lower bitrate files, not perfect, but as I mentioned previously, a significant step foreward. I also had no problems once the reg values were loaded. now what did you mean by: "add LoadModuleLow, 1 (reg name, value)" ?

bimbam69

Apr 16, 2008
Kaunas
Hey great news a new plugin :)
But unfortunatly I can't get it to play real media files :( Can you post some test files, because all files i have can't be played. I downloaded some test files from http://service.real.com/realplayer/test/.

Also there is an idea for dev who is workin on it :) a ffmpeg has its native decoders for realmedia.

bimbam69

Apr 16, 2008
Kaunas
I've downloaded those files using rmDownloder :) Anyway thanks for link to some not bad collection of test files :)
Tried real media videos from there ant some files were played on tcpmp. Plugin works for me without adding reg values.