[Port][24 Dec]Note4 Weather Widget for TW KK Note3[Lollipop compatible]

Search This thread

Kamy

Aug 29, 2012
Beijing
Here is fully functional weather widget ported from Note 4. This port has been already posted by @Djimmy from Korean firmware but in this thread you would have an app from international firmware with almost all cities available.

Credit:

All the porting has been done by @Tamerlan2009 for S5 in this thread (please thank him in his thread) but it isn't fully functional on Note 3 as smali differences so I made changes for Note 3 and all options including city list (causing fc in previous version) now working nicely. Both transparent and non-transparent are available and working. Transparent widget works on other launchers too (Nove, Apex,...)
Also thanks @Goldie for his hints regarding smali editing. And also @dack23 for several icon and font fixes. :good:
I already have tested it on 9005 international version stock kit kat firmware and it is functioning well though not sure about other versions of Note 3 please make back up and report if you wish to test on other Note 3 variants.

How to install:

1. Make a back if explosion happens and you need to go back to of whatever you have been on
2. Download the zip and check MD5 it must match with: 4d7d1a80e3edb5af7667f20ab99db58e
3. Put in your card and flash in recovery
4. reboot and enjoy

I already included deleting older version of weather widget in my script and their corresponding data so that it would not cause FC after flash because of data and davlik difference however if weather widget stopped or causing any fc please go to settings>general>application manager swipe to right and ALL and find Weather and Unified Daemon, then hit Clear data for both apps. This mod should also be working on odex roms as the script can take care of deleting odex files too though I didn't try.

Download:

For Lollipop:

Download here

For Kit Kat:

Mirror1 by MediaFire
Mirror2 by Mega​

Changelog:

24 Dec, 2014
  • Added for Lollipop

24 Oct, 2014
  • Fixed for Stock ROMs thanks @fadhil3536 for his help on stock odex ROM
  • Replaced Note3 brightness slider instead of S5
21 October 2014
  • Added

Sceenies:

TW launcher:

2enu5wl.jpg
rbcphf.jpg
2dt27ar.jpg

Nova Launcher:

2yyxlch.jpg

Kamran Mokhtar

Last edited:

Kamy

Aug 29, 2012
Beijing
Last edited:
Reactions: edan1979 and FRP2

mehdi.moha

Dec 21, 2010
Vaxjo
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

MAN
the link is DEAD !!

Kamy

Aug 29, 2012
Beijing
Still FC when selecting Cities.
I see you are the only one got problem, just read feedbacks, I guess NC2 is old firmware and seems there are some changes in latest firmware which makes this mod compatible, maybe you need latest firmware to make it work or just restore your backup if you don't wish to update.

Reactions: FRP2

FRP2

May 24, 2013
I see you are the only one got problem, just read feedbacks, I guess NC2 is old firmware and seems there are some changes in latest firmware which makes this mod compatible, maybe you need latest firmware to make it work or just restore your backup if you don't wish to update.

Thanks,
I'll try to flash a new Firmware, what do you advise?

Last edited:

hhshabab

Jun 4, 2014
Dhaka
gr8 job mate

Here is fully functional weather widget ported from Note 4. This port has been already posted by @Djimmy from Korean firmware but in this thread you would have an app from international firmware with almost all cities available.

Credit:

All the porting has been done by @Tamerlan2009 for S5 in this thread (please thank him in his thread) but it isn't fully functional on Note 3 as smali differences so I made changes for Note 3 and all options including city list (causing fc in previous version) now working nicely. Both transparent and non-transparent are available and working.
Also thanks @Goldie for his hints regarding smali editing. And also @dack23 for several icon and font fixes. :good:
I already have tested it on 9005 international version stock kit kat firmware and it is functioning well though not sure about other versions of Note 3 please make back up and report if you wish to test on other Note 3 variants.

How to install:

1. Make a back if explosion happens and you need to go back to of whatever you have been on
2. Download the zip and check MD5 it must match with: dfadc8517e4ab78389ee65983f445b43
4. reboot and enjoy

I already included deleting older version of weather widget in my script and their corresponding data so that it would not cause FC after flash because of data and davlik difference however if weather widget stopped or causing any fc please go to settings>general>application manager swipe to right and ALL and find Weather and Unified Daemon, then hit Clear data for both apps. This mod should also be working on odex roms as the script can take care of deleting odex files too though I didn't try.

Download:

Mega mirror

Sceenies:

2enu5wl.jpg
rbcphf.jpg
2dt27ar.jpg

Kamran Mokhtar
Working on my device ... gr8 work mate ...

Reactions: zuriyaty and Kamy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Credit:

All the porting has been done by @Tamerlan2009 for S5 in this thread (please thank him in his thread) but it isn't fully functional on Note 3 as smali differences so I made changes for Note 3 and all options including city list (causing fc in previous version) now working nicely. Both transparent and non-transparent are available and working. Transparent widget works on other launchers too (Nove, Apex,...)

How to install:

2. Download the zip and check MD5 it must match with: 4d7d1a80e3edb5af7667f20ab99db58e
    4. reboot and enjoy

Download:

For Lollipop:

Download here

For Kit Kat:

Mirror1 by MediaFire
    Mirror2 by Mega​

Changelog:

24 Dec, 2014
    • Added for Lollipop

24 Oct, 2014
    • Fixed for Stock ROMs thanks @fadhil3536 for his help on stock odex ROM
    • Replaced Note3 brightness slider instead of S5
    21 October 2014
    • Added

Sceenies:

TW launcher:

2enu5wl.jpg
    rbcphf.jpg
    2dt27ar.jpg

Nova Launcher:

2yyxlch.jpg

Kamran Mokhtar
    2i8u428.jpg
    34rud7d.jpg

Note 4 weather widget is working great on Lollipop without modifying anything, I used @Albe95 mod (thanks to him) and repacked it to be working on Lollipop as partition is different in this android version.

Download
    MD5: 94dfefcea1ea10ce940ac12def25b6f0

Before flashing copy 2 folders of AccuweatherPhone2013_H_LMR and WeatherWidgetDaemon from system\app folder on your SD card as a backup in case explosion happens.
    on n9005 with jamal s5 port. its working but with a a lil graphical bug. a cut off on some data in city list.

e4uhehe7.jpg
    Downloaded from your thread,
    My firmware is n9005xxuenc2

on n9005 with jamal s5 port. its working but with a a lil graphical bug. a cut off on some data in city list.

Oops I think I uploaded the wrong zip, I guess I updated the zip from S5 thread and mixed up with my edited file. please download again and report.
    Good stuff mate :good: