[CM7.1 LOCK] Ice Cream Sandwich Ring Lock MOD [12/10/11]

Search This thread

DameonAndMeagan

Sep 24, 2007
Indio, CA
This is a Mod of the CM7.1 Ring Lock that I made using some images from the ICS SDK.

NOTE: Before you flash you need to make sure you have the Ring Lock available in your CM7.1 Rom, by going to Menu, CyanogenMod Settings, Lockscreen, Style Options, Lockscreen Style.

Just flash in recovery and you should be good to go.
Use Metamorph or zipthemer to apply the morphs.
Flash at your own risk make a backup before you continue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog:

12/10/11
  • Added smaller rings plus bigger icons should now look pretty close to the real deal. The changes were made to the following files: "ICS_Lock_CM7.1-signed.zip and Morph" and "ICS_Lock_Framework_CM7.1_Nightly_HDPI_Only.zip"
  • Updated screenshot, the one on the right represents the files above mentioned.

11/15/11
  • Updated the file "ICS_Lock_Framework_CM7.1_Nightly_HDPI_Only.zip" to work with the new nightly's. This is for the people who can't get the morphs or recovery patcher to work. As stated before this will replace your framework-res.apk completely.
  • It is confirmed that the current morphs and recovery patchers work with the new singe Ring unlock option.

11/02/11
  • Fixed all invalid Morph files.

10/31/11
  • Added an HDPI version for the latest CM Nightly's. "ICS_Lock_Framework_CM7_Nightly_HDPI_Only"
  • This will replace your framework-res.apk completely, so make a backup.

10/30/11
  • Fixed the error in "ICS_Lock_CM7.1_Morph.zip"

10/29/11
  • Added a big ring version for people who preferred the bigger default Rings.
  • Added a version where the selected ring is bigger to look more like the default ICS lockscreen.
    Added a white lock version of a merged framework from Sonnysekhon ICS Morph with the bigger selected rings HDPI only.
10/26/11
  • Made default Rings a little smaller.
  • Added White, Green, and Blue Rings "Flash in recovery only"
  • Added "ICS_Framework_CM7.1_HDPI_Only-signed.zip" which is my White Rings with Blue Pressed Ring Lock Mod and Sonnysekhon's ICS framework merged into one flashable zip.

10/24/11
  • Changed vibrate icon to an actual vibrate icon. Thanks "tyler1234567"

10/23/11
  • Added Morphs for people who can not get the flashables working.
  • Use Metamorph or zipthemer to apply.

10/21/11
  • Should now work in landscape..need testers.
  • No longer have yellow selected ring when set on vibrate.
  • Signed the zip files for less error in flashing.

10/20/11
  • Initial release
  • Choose between Green, White, or Blue pressed Rings.

Giving Credits to:
tyler1234567 for the vibrate icon.
SonnySekhon for the ICS framework.

What file is which:
  • ICS_Lock_CM7.1_BlueRing-signed.zip: Blue Rings
  • ICS_Lock_CM7.1_GreenRing-signed.zip: Green Rings
  • ICS_Lock_CM7.1_BluePressed-signed.zip and Morph: White Rings With Blue Highlight
  • ICS_Lock_CM7.1_GreenPressed-signed.zip and Morph: White Rings With Green Highlight
  • ICS_Lock_CM7.1_WhitePressed-signed.zip and Morph: White Rings With White Highlight
  • ICS_Lock_CM7.1-signed.zip and Morph: Ice Cream Sandwich like lockscreen.
  • ICS_Lock_Big_Rings_CM7.1-signed.zip: Big White Default and Selected Rings.
  • ICS_Lock_Framework_CM7.1_Nightly_HDPI_Only: Ice Cream Sandwich like lockscreen plus Sonnysekhon's ICS framework. [Will replace your framework-res.apk completely so make a backup.]

If you want to have the Ice Cream Sandwich sounds, you can go to my other thread here.

Attachments

• ICS_Lock_CM7.1_BlueRing-signed.zip
    711.9 KB · Views: 10,763
  • ICS_Lock_CM7.1_GreenRing-signed.zip
    715.6 KB · Views: 2,464
  • ICS_Lock_CM7.1_BluePressed-signed.zip
    706.2 KB · Views: 6,268
  • ICS_Lock_CM7.1_GreenPressed-signed.zip
    709 KB · Views: 1,925
  • ICS_Lock_CM7.1_WhitePressed-signed.zip
    695.4 KB · Views: 10,338
  • screenshot-1319649071971.jpg
    screenshot-1319649071971.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 20,638
  • screenshot-1319649484493.jpg
    screenshot-1319649484493.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 15,140
  • screenshot-1319649709224.jpg
    screenshot-1319649709224.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 15,472
  • ICS_Lock_Big_Rings_CM7.1-signed.zip
    682.3 KB · Views: 3,473
  • ICS_Lock_Big_Rings_CM7.1_Morph.zip
    216.6 KB · Views: 1,737
  • ICS_Lock_CM7.1_GreenPressed_Morph.zip
    243.3 KB · Views: 1,025
  • ICS_Lock_CM7.1_BluePressed_Morph.zip
    240.5 KB · Views: 2,314
  • ICS_Lock_CM7.1_Morph.zip
    242.1 KB · Views: 3,507
  • ICS_Lock_CM7.1-signed.zip
    708.1 KB · Views: 6,705
  • ICS_Lock_Framework_CM7.1_Nightly_HDPI_Only.zip
    3 MB · Views: 6,113
  • screenshot-1323583587925.jpg
    screenshot-1323583587925.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 15,971
Last edited:

v0te4ryan

Dec 3, 2010
Looks great on mdpi only thing i would change is the highlight color from green to blue

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
This is a Mod of the CM7.1 Ring Lock that I made using some images from the ICS SDK. I only have tested it on HDPI but it should work on MDPI and LDPI also.

Let me know if there is any problems.

Here is a screenshot:
What am I doing wrong? flashed in recovery twice, both times I am still getting original LS. Do I need to disable something or wipe DK?

solarus2011

Jan 9, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I have always preferred the sliding tabs, even after CM7 introduced the circles. However, this is a really slick implementation with the ICS graphics. I will be using this as my default for sure. Thanks for posting.

What am I doing wrong? flashed in recovery twice, both times I am still getting original LS. Do I need to disable something or wipe DK?

I assume you are using CM7.1 If so you need to go into the lockscreen settings and select the Ring Style for the lockscreen.

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
I have always preferred the sliding tabs, even after CM7 introduced the circles. However, this is a really slick implementation with the ICS graphics. I will be using this as my default for sure. Thanks for posting.

I assume you are using CM7.1 If so you need to go into the lockscreen settings and select the Ring Style for the lockscreen.
I am on nightly 227 and I already was using ring. I tried switching to something else and the back and I still get the default cm ring lockscreen.

tlongren

Jul 24, 2011
Ames, Iowa
Google Pixel XL
Moto X4
@DameonAndMeagan This is awesome and beautiful. Thank you! Looks awesome on my Defy.

Edit: I see you've updated to include different colors for the pressed icons. Should have held off on installing this for another 5 minutes I guess. :)

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
im not familiar with that one. The zip file isn't signed so maybe you need to enable unsigned zip files
If you like CWM, 4EXT is awesome, many more abilities and I have yet to have a n issue with it yet. I will try flashing a CWM recovery and try that.

Update.....flashed CWM and still no go. Not sure what I am doing that no one else is. It seems pretty straight forward.

Terranalon

Jan 16, 2011
I flashed it in recovery. Now I go to CM7 lockscreen settings and the ring mode doesn't even appear in the style popup..

DameonAndMeagan

Sep 24, 2007
Indio, CA
If you like CWM, 4EXT is awesome, many more abilities and I have yet to have a n issue with it yet. I will try flashing a CWM recovery and try that.

Update.....flashed CWM and still no go. Not sure what I am doing that no one else is. It seems pretty straight forward.

try going rebooting into CWM recovery and going to "install zip from sd card, and select toggle signature verification and then flash the zip. Let me know if that works

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a Mod of the CM7.1 Ring Lock that I made using some images from the ICS SDK.

NOTE: Before you flash you need to make sure you have the Ring Lock available in your CM7.1 Rom, by going to Menu, CyanogenMod Settings, Lockscreen, Style Options, Lockscreen Style.

Use Metamorph or zipthemer to apply the morphs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog:

12/10/11
    • Added smaller rings plus bigger icons should now look pretty close to the real deal. The changes were made to the following files: "ICS_Lock_CM7.1-signed.zip and Morph" and "ICS_Lock_Framework_CM7.1_Nightly_HDPI_Only.zip"
    • Updated screenshot, the one on the right represents the files above mentioned.

11/15/11
    • Updated the file "ICS_Lock_Framework_CM7.1_Nightly_HDPI_Only.zip" to work with the new nightly's. This is for the people who can't get the morphs or recovery patcher to work. As stated before this will replace your framework-res.apk completely.
    • It is confirmed that the current morphs and recovery patchers work with the new singe Ring unlock option.

11/02/11
    • Fixed all invalid Morph files.

10/31/11
    • Added an HDPI version for the latest CM Nightly's. "ICS_Lock_Framework_CM7_Nightly_HDPI_Only"
    • This will replace your framework-res.apk completely, so make a backup.

10/30/11
    • Fixed the error in "ICS_Lock_CM7.1_Morph.zip"

10/29/11
    • Added a big ring version for people who preferred the bigger default Rings.
    • Added a version where the selected ring is bigger to look more like the default ICS lockscreen.
      Added a white lock version of a merged framework from Sonnysekhon ICS Morph with the bigger selected rings HDPI only.
    10/26/11
    • Made default Rings a little smaller.
    • Added White, Green, and Blue Rings "Flash in recovery only"
    • Added "ICS_Framework_CM7.1_HDPI_Only-signed.zip" which is my White Rings with Blue Pressed Ring Lock Mod and Sonnysekhon's ICS framework merged into one flashable zip.

10/24/11
    • Changed vibrate icon to an actual vibrate icon. Thanks "tyler1234567"

10/23/11
    • Added Morphs for people who can not get the flashables working.
    • Use Metamorph or zipthemer to apply.

10/21/11
    • Should now work in landscape..need testers.
    • No longer have yellow selected ring when set on vibrate.
    • Signed the zip files for less error in flashing.

10/20/11
    • Initial release
    • Choose between Green, White, or Blue pressed Rings.

Giving Credits to:
    tyler1234567 for the vibrate icon.
    SonnySekhon for the ICS framework.

What file is which:
    • ICS_Lock_CM7.1_BlueRing-signed.zip: Blue Rings
    • ICS_Lock_CM7.1_GreenRing-signed.zip: Green Rings
    • ICS_Lock_CM7.1_BluePressed-signed.zip and Morph: White Rings With Blue Highlight
    • ICS_Lock_CM7.1_GreenPressed-signed.zip and Morph: White Rings With Green Highlight
    • ICS_Lock_CM7.1_WhitePressed-signed.zip and Morph: White Rings With White Highlight
    • ICS_Lock_CM7.1-signed.zip and Morph: Ice Cream Sandwich like lockscreen.
    • ICS_Lock_Big_Rings_CM7.1-signed.zip: Big White Default and Selected Rings.
    • ICS_Lock_Framework_CM7.1_Nightly_HDPI_Only: Ice Cream Sandwich like lockscreen plus Sonnysekhon's ICS framework. [Will replace your framework-res.apk completely so make a backup.]

If you want to have the Ice Cream Sandwich sounds, you can go to my other thread here.
    I've just combined this awesome Mod with the additional Graphics Morph from sonnysekhon matching his theme (->KLICK) to have a all in one framework-res-Patch.

On my HD2, everything works fine. But no guarantee to work on everyones phone because of different CM7 builds and versions. Please do a Nandroid before flashing :D

what recovery are you using to flash??
    how come i dont have the circle in the middle. i only have it on the left and the right

because you need to have custom app starter selected in the lockscreen style setting and choose your applications. Select Custom application and click add on the popup and select up to 4 applications
    Anything else other than changing the Lockscreen Style to "Ring"?

Yes you have to select minimal ring style after you select ring as your lock

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App