[OTA LEAKS] DROID 3 (XT862) 5.7.902 AND 5.7.905 Updates from QA Server

Search This thread

droidian1441

Sep 17, 2011
Christiansburg
Hello!
These are updates going for DROID 3 owners on the Verizon Wireless network. The 5.7.902 and 905 update does include a kernel, BP and bootloader update.

This update is known to quite a few but was not actually released fully due to the fact that it was not rootable and cannot be FXZ flashed back to 5.6.890.
This changed on February 11, as Hashcode rose up and said using the D4 root exploit can root this update. This was correct, I have used the exploit to root the 5.7.902 update. A lot have risen to say both the 5.7.902 and 5.7.905 update are rootable using the exploit below.

Disclaimer: It is your choice to update your phone to this, not mine. If in any way do anything happen to your phone that never happened before, you are responsible. I am not responsible for anything that happens, ill effects or not, to the phone.

**OTA ROOTKEEPERS DO NOT WORK, PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION**

THERE IS NO WAY BACK TO STOCK.

AFTER SEEING REPEATED PROBLEMS, IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU FLASH THIS UPDATE WHILE ON A STOCK 5.6.890 OR OTHER UPDATE.
DO NOT FLASH OVER AN ICS ROM OR ANY ROM. IF YOU HAVE PERFORMED THE TBH DROID 3 RADIO HACK YOU ARE RECOMMENDED TO NOT INSTALL ANY LEAKS.

5.7.902 Download Link -- http://bit.ly/zfKm6Y
5.7.905 Download Link -- http://bit.ly/y1GnCr

You may download the 5.7.902 update (223.6 MB) or you can download the 5.7.905 (224.9 MB) from above.

D4 Root Exploit -- http://bit.ly/yGewgE

Motorola -- Placing the updates on the QA servers.
2.6.35.7-g5fa4155
xrpk47@il93lnxdroid25 #1

Build Number: 5.5.1_84_D3G-66_M2-6
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
5.7.905 Update Information:
Baseband Version: N_03.18.31P
Kernel Version:
2.6.35.7-g5fa4155
xrpk47@il93lnxdroid25 #1

Build Number: 5.5.1_84_D3G-66_M2-9

Last edited:

droidian1441

Sep 17, 2011
Christiansburg
CHANGELOG

5.7.902 Noticeable Changes:
Increased Camera Stability
MotoBlur speed is increased
Some reporting better battery life
Faster speeds due to new Baseband
CMAS (Commercial Mobile Alert Service) capability added.
Google+ added as Bloatware*
Newer Icons for select applications

5.7.905 Noticeable Changes:
Increased Camera Stability
MotoBlur speed is increased
Some reporting better battery life
Faster speeds due to new Baseband
CMAS (Commercial Mobile Alert Service) capability added.
Google+ added as Bloatware*
AmazonMP3 added as optional install for bloatware, is listed under /system/apps folder
Newer Icons for select applications

*Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is HIGHLY integrated with Google+, and the app is usually only added as a bloatware addon if the phone is being prepared to see Android 4.0. Just this means we could be one step closer to getting a official ICS update! :D

Last edited:

bonesjones

Dec 9, 2009
Birmingham
is it worth the trouble?

Sent from Droid 3, anyone have questions feel free to PM or gtalk "uh-live" remove the dash (spam bots)

ZOMBI3

Mar 9, 2011
Ann Arbor, Michigan
So I haven't seen any post of any one trying this, so I tried it, update zip works, the root for this above works also to, I will be staying on this for a few days and see how it goes

Sent From My Dark Fire DROID3

ovelayer

Mar 19, 2011
spokane
Ohhhh thank you for this..
my phone has run solo much better on maverick 3.0 which has the 902 system files
can't wait to see how much better it runs with the complete update
thanks again!:)

bfranclemont

Aug 3, 2010
Akron, NY
clarification please

I've seen this OTA update posted elsewhere a week ago. I want to try it, but don't want to get stuck again in a dead-end OTA update leak.

So just to clarify - because this leak is now root-able, this means we can fxz back to 5.6.890?

slvrarrow

Jul 1, 2008
I've seen theres a 5.7.905 update out now from the Production Servers will this be available?

droidian1441

Sep 17, 2011
Christiansburg
I've seen this OTA update posted elsewhere a week ago. I want to try it, but don't want to get stuck again in a dead-end OTA update leak.

So just to clarify - because this leak is now root-able, this means we can fxz back to 5.6.890?

This wont put ya in a dead-end area of OTA updates unless the update coming in a few weeks is different.

KEEP IN MIND: The ONLY way to get back to stock 5.6.890 is to flash a rom based on 5.6.890, or 5.7.894. (Hashcode's ICS, Steel Droid 4.5, etc..)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!
    These are updates going for DROID 3 owners on the Verizon Wireless network. The 5.7.902 and 905 update does include a kernel, BP and bootloader update.

This update is known to quite a few but was not actually released fully due to the fact that it was not rootable and cannot be FXZ flashed back to 5.6.890.
    This changed on February 11, as Hashcode rose up and said using the D4 root exploit can root this update. This was correct, I have used the exploit to root the 5.7.902 update. A lot have risen to say both the 5.7.902 and 5.7.905 update are rootable using the exploit below.

Disclaimer: It is your choice to update your phone to this, not mine. If in any way do anything happen to your phone that never happened before, you are responsible. I am not responsible for anything that happens, ill effects or not, to the phone.

**OTA ROOTKEEPERS DO NOT WORK, PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION**

THERE IS NO WAY BACK TO STOCK.

AFTER SEEING REPEATED PROBLEMS, IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU FLASH THIS UPDATE WHILE ON A STOCK 5.6.890 OR OTHER UPDATE.
    DO NOT FLASH OVER AN ICS ROM OR ANY ROM. IF YOU HAVE PERFORMED THE TBH DROID 3 RADIO HACK YOU ARE RECOMMENDED TO NOT INSTALL ANY LEAKS.

5.7.902 Download Link -- http://bit.ly/zfKm6Y
    5.7.905 Download Link -- http://bit.ly/y1GnCr

You may download the 5.7.902 update (223.6 MB) or you can download the 5.7.905 (224.9 MB) from above.

D4 Root Exploit -- http://bit.ly/yGewgE

Motorola -- Placing the updates on the QA servers.
    2.6.35.7-g5fa4155
    xrpk47@il93lnxdroid25 #1

Build Number: 5.5.1_84_D3G-66_M2-6
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    5.7.905 Update Information:
    Baseband Version: N_03.18.31P
    Kernel Version:
    2.6.35.7-g5fa4155
    xrpk47@il93lnxdroid25 #1

Build Number: 5.5.1_84_D3G-66_M2-9
    Once upon a time I flashed a bad OTA 890 update because battery was low, palm>forehead... After realizing battery was low, I got mad and flashed multiple times to get the phone to pass once (so I could charge using the phone directly). Doing this I lost my baseband version number and the phone wont recognize its own IMEI number...

This brought me here, I tried to flash 902 because of the baseband update and I get the following Error Status 7:
    Code:
    Updating BP ...
    assert failed: motorola.motoflash("/tmp/bp.img")
    E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
     (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

I was lucky enough to grab the Droid 4 (lucky?? Idk...) and am running on that now but I am trying to get my old Droid 3 back running... Any advice?

Edit: I have now tried this update from stock menu 3 times and keep getting the same error (was introduced to the idea of twice from another post with similar issues); I hate to call it this but, my next guess is that I fried my radio?

I get this exact same issue (you're the only other person I've seen with it) and just spent some time with another member on GTalk trying to get to the bottom of it. He spoke to CellZealot and he believes it's somehow not able to install signed radios.
    Aaron, did it work? Also, did Hash tweet that this works? I'm sorry, but I just want to hear it from the man himself...I'd be very upset if I lost root. :p

I'm on 5.7.902 and I have rooted using the exploit I listed in the OP.
    Is there a changelog or atleast some known changes ?

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

Well I've noticed the whole system runs much smoother, it did add Google+ as a system app, the camera is much more stable, but I've only had it fully installed for 1 night, so ill keep updated.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App
    I get this exact same issue (you're the only other person I've seen with it) and just spent some time with another member on GTalk trying to get to the bottom of it. He spoke to CellZealot and he believes it's somehow not able to install signed radios.
    redsox, do you think there is a way around this? You mentioned 'signed radios' is there such a thing as unsigned? I am kind of desperate to get it running again because I would love to use my D3 as a kick butt iPod but cannot get passed activation to use the phone and cannot install safestrap to do an nandroid restore (tricking the phone to think it is already activated)... On another note maybe using it to introduce my parents into the droid world...

I have another thread over on the forums at droidforums but no one has responded to this issue, I am at a loss right now...

Colton