Jun 15, 2007
South Hadley, Ma. USA
U didn't see my new sig?

Am I on Candid Camera?

The candid camera one? Yeppers.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
XDA Rules: http://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?a=81

10 Post Rule: http://www.xda-developers.com/announcements/xdas-10-post-rule/

XDA Marketplace Rules: http://www.xda-developers.com/announcements/market-place-rules-updated/

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sent from my Galaxy Note i717, using XDA Premium.

jdyates

Jun 30, 2010
Weslaco
Funny, i walked into T-Mobile with a roll of $300, expecting to walk out with a Sensation. THOSE were out of stock. Ended up with the Amaze, couldn't be happier.

AndroidAutobot

Apr 5, 2009
Portland OR
Funny, i walked into T-Mobile with a roll of $300, expecting to walk out with a Sensation. THOSE were out of stock. Ended up with the Amaze, couldn't be happier.

Yeah, well worth the $50 difference =). If you're a value customer, the amaze is technically LESS expensive than the sensation! Lol. I think mostly theyre in a hurry to get rid of as many amazes as they can in the wake of the one S release.

As sick as the 99-shot burst mode is on the One (and the benchmark results twice as strong)... It's not worth the trade off of the 2MP front facing cam and the expandable memory imho =). And although it might not benchmark as strong as the one S... The amaze performs so strong to begin with that you hardly notice the difference =)

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

mznatnat

Dec 10, 2011
Chicago, IL
Well......no more noobs in the future lol

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

We still have the store shelves..... lol

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Yep.... a week and a day later....
Still out of stock....
Those stupid sons of beaches!!!

SONSOFBITCHESAMAZE.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Weird. I work in a mid-volume store and we're down to two or three with no replentishment in sight. How are they selling? Ours have been flying off the shelves at the reduced price lol

He works in the hood...

AndroidAutobot

Apr 5, 2009
Portland OR
Oh durr lol. That is correct. Excuse the mathimatical error ha ha.

The 4g slide is more expensive. Unless you're a physical qwerty diehard there's no logical reason to buy a 4g slide over an amaze lol. Kind of like how there's no logical reason to buy a Galaxy S 4g (179.99!!!! Lol) over a Galaxy Blaze (99.99). But not as absurd lol

xupthree60

Mar 6, 2011
Orlando
I just bought an amaze today. I went to the mall and they didn't have any in stock and I didn't wan the one s. I don't like sense 4.0, I think vanilla ics is better. I have vanilla ics on my cheap ass Chinese tab and love it, but i didnt like what 4.0 did to it. Also the one s seemed a little laggy on the demo model and i didnt think it was worth the price difference for really just trading better audio vs a better camera (i will use the better cam much more).

So I went down the street and saw another t-mobile store and got the last one they had! My dad, who is on my family plan, is out of state for the month and tried to get one in Indiana today. they store had a ton of them but they wouldn't sell him one because I wasn't there. wtf? He said they didnt know why they didnt have any down here cuz they had almost 50 of them. So I have to go out tomorrow and try to find another somewhere down here for him.

btw I got it for 150 plus 15 per month on the value plan. One s was 200 plus 20 per month.

AndroidAutobot

Apr 5, 2009
Portland OR
I just bought an amaze today. I went to the mall and they didn't have any in stock and I didn't wan the one s. I don't like sense 4.0, I think vanilla ics is better. I have vanilla ics on my cheap ass Chinese tab and love it, but i didnt like what 4.0 did to it. Also the one s seemed a little laggy on the demo model and i didnt think it was worth the price difference for really just trading better audio vs a better camera (i will use the better cam much more).

So I went down the street and saw another t-mobile store and got the last one they had! My dad, who is on my family plan, is out of state for the month and tried to get one in Indiana today. they store had a ton of them but they wouldn't sell him one because I wasn't there. wtf? He said they didnt know why they didnt have any down here cuz they had almost 50 of them. So I have to go out tomorrow and try to find another somewhere down here for him.

btw I got it for 150 plus 15 per month on the value plan. One s was 200 plus 20 per month.

Just call customer care and add your dad as an "authorized user" on yoxur account. The reason they needed you there is certainly because your name (the billing name) is currently the only name on the account and, in order to make any changes, they're required to verify the I'd of someone who's name is on the account. This prevents ollie the magic bum from walking into a t mobile store and billing another $300 to your account via a second installmen, and walking out the door with an amaze you're paying for but will never see to boot =)

But anyways, yeah, call customer care and add your dad as an "authorized user". Thatll let him go into a store and have the authorization to pick up an amaze provided he has a state ID on him. =)

Congradulations btw =). Enjoy your new amaze =)

xupthree60

Mar 6, 2011
Orlando
Just call customer care and add your dad as an "authorized user" on yoxur account. The reason they needed you there is certainly because your name (the billing name) is currently the only name on the account and, in order to make any changes, they're required to verify the I'd of someone who's name is on the account. This prevents ollie the magic bum from walking into a t mobile store and billing another $300 to your account via a second installmen, and walking out the door with an amaze you're paying for but will never see to boot =)

But anyways, yeah, call customer care and add your dad as an "authorized user". Thatll let him go into a store and have the authorization to pick up an amaze provided he has a state ID on him. =)

Congradulations btw =). Enjoy your new amaze =)

I just did this today, he went into the store and they said he still couldn't do it till the new plan takes effect on the 21'st. My dads like why wont they take my money? haha.

Also the sales man there in Indianapolis kept trying to convince my dad to get the blaze instead. Idk why they would try to sell someone a lesser cheaper phone when they came in asking for a more expensive one, unless they are getting some kind of bonus for the blaze... especially when my dad kept telling him the only thing he cared about was he wanted the best camera available and the guy kept telling him the blaze was better for him.

AndroidAutobot

Apr 5, 2009
Portland OR
I just did this today, he went into the store and they said he still couldn't do it till the new plan takes effect on the 21'st. My dads like why wont they take my money? haha.

Also the sales man there in Indianapolis kept trying to convince my dad to get the blaze instead. Idk why they would try to sell someone a lesser cheaper phone when they came in asking for a more expensive one, unless they are getting some kind of bonus for the blaze... especially when my dad kept telling him the only thing he cared about was he wanted the best camera available and the guy kept telling him the blaze was better for him.

That rep sounds like a numbskull lol. There's no Samsung sales incentive. There is currently an HTC incentive. Sounds like the rep was one of those foolish enough to read the "known issues" (which a lot of them are basic things that are easy fixes without exchanges being necessary, issues that are present on nearly every phone) and think that there's anything wrong with the amaze.

Of the (I have no idea how many, I've lost count) amazes that I've seen go out the door, haven't seen a single one of them come back with anything even close to a (what would be considered reasonable) issue. Tell your dad to talk to someone else lol.

Sounds like you've had the misfortune of dealing with novices all around. It's frustrating to see customers having such difficulty accomplishing such simple things. Whoever changed your rate plan should have backdated the plan in order to make phone installments immediately available. They should be able to do so still, all they'd have to do is cancel the future dated request and put the rate plan change in retroactively instead... Though since you've already established an installment with the first amaze you got, that might now get in the way of doing so. If that ends up being the case, you kinda have whoever sold you your amaze (if they're the same ones who changed your plan) to thank for the otherwise unnecessary delay =L

---please note - in no way shape or form do I represent any particular company ---

Last edited:

WG5516

Apr 25, 2011
So if it's been out of stock since early May, why would they then have a Free Amaze sell on their website last week?

1) Did they not foresee the potential patent issue?
2) Was it dishonesty on Tmo's part knowing they didn't have the superior Amaze in stock & customers would be locked into a new 2yr contract w/ a lesser device?

Has anyone received their device from when they were originally backordered in early May?

AndroidAutobot

Apr 5, 2009
Portland OR
So if it's been out of stock since early May, why would they then have a Free Amaze sell on their website last week?

1) Did they not foresee the potential patent issue?
2) Was it dishonesty on Tmo's part knowing they didn't have the superior Amaze in stock & customers would be locked into a new 2yr contract w/ a lesser device?

Has anyone received their device from when they were originally backordered in early May?

1) no one foresaw the issue in question. If they could, they would have planned the launch date (the EVO 4g LTE) around the delay instead of delaying the launch

2) perhaps if they were Verizon, that'd be fairly likely lol. That's definitely NOT t mobile's mo ha ha ha

JonathanBarca10

Feb 1, 2012
San Bernardino
Well I just got my order sent to me so it seems they finally got stock back. And yes they tried selling me the blaze as well but there's ZERO development for that phone. Well almost 0. And when I went into store to compare the two before I ordered one, the sales rep was like a used car salesman trying to get me to go with the blaze. I didn't enjoy my experience that day.

mikeschevelle

Dec 27, 2007
Funny I just looked the warrenty replacement on the Amaze.

Options are of course the Amaze but also the Exhibit II HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AndroidAutobot

Apr 5, 2009
Portland OR
Well I just got my order sent to me so it seems they finally got stock back. And yes they tried selling me the blaze as well but there's ZERO development for that phone. Well almost 0. And when I went into store to compare the two before I ordered one, the sales rep was like a used car salesman trying to get me to go with the blaze. I didn't enjoy my experience that day.

I hate reps like that. Clearly either completely ignorant if he thinks the blaze is a good alternative, or completely ingenuine if he is unable to relate to the person he's talking to and attempts to force them to buy an inferior product.

The other day I spend 30-40 minutes discussing why the amaze wasn't the "unreliable" and "terrible" phone that some pretentious salesperson convinced them it was, simply based on what "known issues" came up on a screen and not from actual experience.

mikeschevelle

Dec 27, 2007
I hate reps like that. Clearly either completely ignorant if he thinks the blaze is a good alternative, or completely ingenuine if he is unable to relate to the person he's talking to and attempts to force them to buy an inferior product.

The other day I spend 30-40 minutes discussing why the amaze wasn't the "unreliable" and "terrible" phone that some pretentious salesperson convinced them it was, simply based on what "known issues" came up on a screen and not from actual experience.

Sounds like we both go about our business in the same manor, good to know other reps like me out there

:)

Reactions: AndroidAutobot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well......no more noobs in the future lol

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA
    Thanks again, you've been a great help.

I ordered them online from Tmobile.com. I'm talking to a rep via email now & he said something along the lines of what you said. I would like to get the lowest plan possible from Tmo, open up Line2 accounts which are $10 a month or $45 a yr for unlimited everything.

I'll add the insurance to the new lines & ghost out the others like you suggested. Thanks again man, I really appreciate this. They weren't giving me any option other than send them back earlier.

Honestly dude, talk to someone ON THE PHONE. Never talk via email or im. Call T-Mobile customer care
    Amaze is phased out.youll still find one.
    However...
    After the sense 3.6/ics uodate,there wont be anymore updates for it.no sense 4.0 except from xda.
    But,Tmobile wont do anything more than the next release of 3.6
    Dont believe any rep you talk to if they say they will Continue the amaze.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA
    Amaze is phased out.youll still find one.
    However...
    After the sense 3.6/ics uodate,there wont be anymore updates for it.no sense 4.0 except from xda.
    But,Tmobile wont do anything more than the next release of 3.6
    Dont believe any rep you talk to if they say they will Continue the amaze.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

there will be some patch updates tho, and mabey a new radio
    I'll concede that yeah, unfortunately there are some of those in the workforce that aren't very bright. Not a ton of them, but they're out there. To every store that has one or two people that don't know what they're talking about there's usually an individual such as myself around who would chime in to make sure they do the right thing =). Not saying anything about my current co workers, finding myself in the midst of true champs that don't really need my help much in the way that others have desperately relied upon in the past =).

I say because you can hold a retail employee accountable for any mistakes, keep on trying different stores and reps till you find one that works for you. Even if rep A causes an issue and rep B is the one to fix it, that'd still give rep B to rip rep A another one lol. And accountability is close to nothing anywhere BUT retail. =)

I think customers expect too much from the store staff as well as T-mobile CSR over the phone. One needs to realize that in order for T-mobile to offer such a low monthy price, T-mobile can't offer high salaried staff in the store or over the phone. I am not surprise if the staff over the phone are stationed in India by now. In fact, one may probably get more knowledgefuly staff if they were indeed stationed in India. Anyway, I am thinkfully that I am able to get my service at the price I am receving. I use mostly in wifi. I paid $104 for 1000 anytime minutes and two lines with 200 MB of data. T-mobile gave me 2 Amazes & 2 SII with 2 year committment. So far, I can live with the service. And very satisified with the pricing.