Developer Appreciation Thread (For the Eris)

Search This thread

champdr0id

Sep 21, 2010
Du Bois, PA
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
I got this idea while lurking on the rezound general forum, and a lot of people have really pissed off the amazing devs that offered their help to bring out the most out of the phone. Yeah, it might be a little late to be making this, but with the Eris being my first phone, the community here has pretty well taken care of each other and the developers stuck with us, at least, until they got a newer phone and moved on. My experience in the rezound forum has been a little less than savory, especially in the last few weeks. All of the trolls and wannabe heroes that tell the trolls off have made me remember and miss the good old days here. It's been too damn long, and these devs deserve a thread where we kiss their asses (no sarcasm) :) To all the devs that ever worked on the Eris, thank you for all of your hard work.
Here's a list of the ones I know of below. I know that there were a lot, so there may be some missing. Just make a post or pm me and I'll add you if I missed you. No particular order. I just went through the first 11 pages of threads in the development subforum.
punk.kaos
Conap
tazzpatriot
CondemnedSoul
workshed
jcase
MongooseHelix
CPCookieMan
gnarlyc
zach.xtr
Macrodroid
mjgdroid
r2DoesInc
Framework43
tenzomonk
.mak
SikYou
hakkeshou
spc_hicks09
Captainkrtek
toastcfh
hector93
bftb0
scary alien
T.C.P

...and also, thanks to the resident moderator, mrkite38 for having kept the peace, as well as our new moderator, andyharney :)

Last edited:

CondemnedSoul

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I got this idea while lurking on the rezound general forum, and a lot of people have really pissed off the amazing devs that offered their help to bring out the most out of the phone. Yeah, it might be a little late to be making this, but with the Eris being my first phone, the community here has pretty well taken care of each other and the developers stuck with us, at least, until they got a newer phone and moved on. My experience in the rezound forum has been a little less than savory, especially in the last few weeks. All of the trolls and wannabe heroes that tell the trolls off have made me remember and miss the good old days here. It's been too damn long, and these devs deserve a thread where we kiss their asses (no sarcasm) :) To all the devs that ever worked on the Eris, thank you for all of your hard work.

The trolls are insane lol. No place like this community was for sure :)

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium

champdr0id

Sep 21, 2010
Du Bois, PA
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
CS, I must say I miss seeing your name as an OP, but I see you got Recognized Developer now. Congrats, bro! I can't believe this my first time seeing that title underneath your name.
as for trolls, man, the rezound forum just got a third moderator because of all the trolling. there's so much hating going on over there. makes me miss the good times here where everyone got along and could make and take a joke.

CondemnedSoul

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
CS, I must say I miss seeing your name as an OP, but I see you got Recognized Developer now. Congrats, bro! I can't believe this my first time seeing that title underneath your name.
as for trolls, man, the rezound forum just got a third moderator because of all the trolling. there's so much hating going on over there. makes me miss the good times here where everyone got along and could make and take a joke.

Thank you :) ... I haven't looked in the Rezound threads but I've heard its pretty tough there at times. I've found though, that instead of trying to be defensive with them, just call them out, let them know you really don't care and tell them to f-off .... They run back into hiding with their tail between there legs ;) haha.

champdr0id

Sep 21, 2010
Du Bois, PA
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Thank you :) ... I haven't looked in the Rezound threads but I've heard its pretty tough there at times. I've found though, that instead of trying to be defensive with them, just call them out, let them know you really don't care and tell them to f-off .... They run back into hiding with their tail between there legs ;) haha.

well our newest mod just started a big thread cleanup project. one thread at a time is gonna be locked, then stripped of the irrelevance and hate posts. ha it's about time :)

dverespey

Jan 6, 2011
Thanks as well. This forum introduced me to the whole rooting experience and allowed me to keep using this phone long past what I would have put up with if I had to remain stock.

A a developer I know the troubles with any project and appreciate all the efforts.

Unfortunately I dropped the phone the last week and screen died, so I had to do a quick upgrade. Though about he Rezound but ended up with the LG Spectrum. Nice screen, rooted, but not much in the way of ROM's. Have to wait until ICS comes out.

Again thanks folks.

TheGratefulDead

Mar 9, 2011
Whitehall NY
****ing right. It was a little more then a tear ago I stumbled upon this place and took took the plunge to root my Droid Eris, knowing that I was running 2.1 and would never see anything higher then that cuz the Eris was already at end of life. Then boom rooted unlocked and running gin-tazz. I've been hooked ever sense. Now mongoose is still putting work into this device running 4.0 haha amazing. Thank you all very much

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

scary alien

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 27, 2010
Indy
I'd like to see bftb0's name listed up top.

There's so many things he's done for the Eris community, both here and over at AndroidForums, it would be a crime to not have his member name listed for posterity along with all of the other fine folks you listed above.

He is, without question, one of the most knowledgeable folks to have ever posted here at XDA and many, many folks are indebted to him for his help (me included :)).

Cheers!

Reactions: champdr0id

champdr0id

Sep 21, 2010
Du Bois, PA
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4

There's so many things he's done for the Eris community, both here and over at AndroidForums, it would be a crime to not have his member name listed for posterity along with all of the other fine folks you listed above.

He is, without question, one of the most knowledgeable folks to have ever posted here at XDA and many, many folks are indebted to him for his help (me included :)).

Cheers!

Done, and I added you too. I forgot about your modified recovery that didn't rely on the trackball to be used. I thank you, good sir! That recovery came in handy when my trackball started getting really bad.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: scary alien

champdr0id

Sep 21, 2010
Du Bois, PA
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Some forums go overboard with pinned threads, or at least it's overwhelming how many there are. There aren't that many in this section. What does everyone else feel about if this should be pinned or not? I do.

you really think that? i guess i could PM mrkite and ask him to sticky it. anyone else alright with that?
edit: just sent the mod a pm. we'll see what happens :)

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGratefulDead

Steve125

Aug 19, 2010
The eris was my second android phone after I left T-Mobile and my G1. This community has been incredible. I would also like to thank DS36. He was always willing to help out noobs like myself and his tweak thread was pretty awesome. This really has been the best community I've seen here. I miss the good ole days of kaos froyo and gingertazz. Thanks to all the devs that made the eris awesome. And thanks to jcase for making it easy to root my kindle too.

Sent from my Eclipsed DROID BIONIC using xda premium

dragonrazorz

Jan 1, 2011
I miss this forum, it was peaceful n has awesome devs, i have the rezound n holy crap it gets crazy over there ha I dont even post, just read haha. But I wanna say Thanks to all the devs, ive had some awesome themes on my eris :)

Super_Dork_42

I miss this forum a lot. We still haven't got s-off figured out for the HTC One S. It's pretty sparse over there.

But man, back in the day this place was humming all day every day. Workshed made it a beautiful phone. Even compared to the phone I have now, it seems like it flew. I know that's just the nostalgia talking, but I don't care. GSB is a great rom.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's a list of the ones I know of below. I know that there were a lot, so there may be some missing. Just make a post or pm me and I'll add you if I missed you. No particular order. I just went through the first 11 pages of threads in the development subforum.
    punk.kaos
    Conap
    tazzpatriot
    CondemnedSoul
    workshed
    jcase
    MongooseHelix
    CPCookieMan
    gnarlyc
    zach.xtr
    Macrodroid
    mjgdroid
    r2DoesInc
    Framework43
    tenzomonk
    .mak
    SikYou
    hakkeshou
    spc_hicks09
    Captainkrtek
    toastcfh
    hector93
    bftb0
    scary alien
    T.C.P

...and also, thanks to the resident moderator, mrkite38 for having kept the peace, as well as our new moderator, andyharney :)

Cheers!

Cheers!

Done, and I added you too. I forgot about your modified recovery that didn't rely on the trackball to be used. I thank you, good sir! That recovery came in handy when my trackball started getting really bad.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    Some forums go overboard with pinned threads, or at least it's overwhelming how many there are. There aren't that many in this section. What does everyone else feel about if this should be pinned or not? I do.

you really think that? i guess i could PM mrkite and ask him to sticky it. anyone else alright with that?
    edit: just sent the mod a pm. we'll see what happens :)