[Q] Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 4.4.2 KitKat Root

Search This thread

Gametime7777

Nov 27, 2013
Help please with root

Hello everyone,I had ROOT access for my Galaxy S4 AT&T before I updated to 4.4.2 My Model Number is SGH-1337 Baseband is 1337UCUFNI1

I cannot find a root for this..I tried TOWEL root but it says device isnt supported..PLEASE can anyone help me..

Thank You.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Hello everyone,I had ROOT access for my Galaxy S4 AT&T before I updated to 4.4.2 My Model Number is SGH-1337 Baseband is 1337UCUFNI1

I cannot find a root for this..I tried TOWEL root but it says device isnt supported..PLEASE can anyone help me..

Thank You.

Seems like you weren't looking too hard...

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-att/general/how-to-root-i337ucufni1-t2881298

Was on the main page at the top of the General forum for your phone.

Reactions: Gametime7777

Lt1streconbn

Nov 10, 2013
St. Thomas, Virgin Islands
I figured out some very simple steps to FULL root access... it's quite fast. I'm using SHI-337 NI1 build and have root access with SuperSU 2.01. First, if you have NI1 build as this device did, you need to flash the NC1 kernel the let Odin. Just search forums and you'll find it. After that or if you're older version... root the Device with TowelRoot v.3.0 to get its limited but useful root access. Next go to play store and install terminal emulator, Titanium Backup (TiBu) (I use pro version, but you'll need the ability to freeze applications is what it comes down to) and FX File Explorer (it's what I use but any should work long as they have root access capability) and you'll need the root add on for FX, most importantly download SUPERSU (chainfire's) and open it and attempt install... It'll fail of course., After all these are installed... make sure your battery is up or device is plugged in. If your device shuts down at the wrong point or you reboot, your device will soft brick. After SUPERSU fails install, open terminal emulator and type 'cd system' then 'cd xbin'... Now type 'ls'. This will list files in xbin... make sure 'daemonsu' is there. If it isn't you've not followed the steps. Type 'daemonsu' into terminal emulator and SuperSU's deny/grant root access pop up will appear! Your emulator will change from $ to # now because it has root access. Not first thing, open SUPERSU and properly I stall it... it go thru and ask to disable Knox... which it will mist likely at this point but we're set now either way. After it installs it'll say it failed, but it hasnt, and say to reboot. DO NOT REBOOT DEVICE FROM THIS POINT IN OR IT WILL SOFTBRICK!!! Now, open TiBu and freeze the following apps associated with Knox Samsung KNOX, com.sec.knox.eventsmanager, KLMS Agent, KNOX Store, KNOX Notification Manager. Now... download Busybox from play store and install... I use Busybox Pro (stericson) smart install. After Busybox has finished installing you can reboot the device. This method will diffident void your warranty, if you care about that. I have 3rd party coverage that repairs/replaces regardless.° You also have unlimited root access though. I deodexed and uninstalled all Knox apps from my device... I'm actually curious if with them being gone, could I flash 4.2 or 4.3 to my device now so I could install CWM safely and stable. I have been unable to do so with 4.4.2. The cool part is I have no second OS and have removed all my bloat wares from this device. I love it cause its the 32gb version. If anyone does this. .. Please post a reply and hit my thanks button :) it's simple, but figuring it all out wasn't.

Is there a way to root 4.4.2, I337MVLUFNI2?

Yes. Grab the vluni1 kernel, flash it via Odin. Then run towelroot V3 to root, and flash the ni2 kernel back again. Boom. Done. Towelroot does not trip the Knox counter, but messing with any system files or doing anything to modify / or /system will strike you with a flash counter and trip Knox. If you do not care, then off you go. I'd you don't want them tripped, do not delete any system apps. Freeze only! Freezing remove the execute permissions from the file, so it can't be run.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

k1ngf1sher

Dec 5, 2010
Rooting done easily

Yes it was on a Canadian Device with build NC1. If you look at the build number in your About Device and it has NC! then it will work. If it's NB1 at the end, my understanding is that this method will not work.

Hi all, I know this message is late to the game, but I used the Towel Root app and it unlocked in a jiffy. Give it a try!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone,

So I have been trying to root my newly updated Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337 AT&T) for a couple of days now and still no success.
    I've tried MotoChopper, a series of different CF-AutoRoot files and neither have given any luck. Odin stops right after SuperUser.apk is pushed over and gives the "Threads failed: 1 Success: 0" message.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in Advance.
    THERE IS A THREAD FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and are you running stock or custom and look it up on the galaxy s4 troubleshooting page before you post here
    Search it up i dont want to help in this thread but i will help you or someone else will when its in the right thread

Hey Mr. Turtle, could you be so kind as to point out as to where this supposed thread is?? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Hey everyone,

So I have been trying to root my newly updated Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337 AT&T) for a couple of days now and still no success.
    I've tried MotoChopper, a series of different CF-AutoRoot files and neither have given any luck. Odin stops right after SuperUser.apk is pushed over and gives the "Threads failed: 1 Success: 0" message.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in Advance.

It looks like the link that you may want to look at, that Mr. Turtle so Douchingly didn't want to give, is right here: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-att/help

Hope this helps. :)
    Same problem

I have a galaxy s4 att 4.4 and have been wondering the same thing. Seems like no one has found and way to root the phone yet. As for the guy who flipped out in the post above. Give it a break man. This website is made so a bunch of developers can come together and help each other out and fix problems. There should be no putting down just because it was put on the wrong thread or whatever. It's the people like you that ruin the fun in hacking for all of us. If there's already a thread then just tell the owner of this one or any one nicely and point them in the right direction with a Link or something. No need to be mean.
    Opps

This method is for 4.2.2

Oh sorry for the false hope if you don't look close enough they look the same! Ill keep searching and pst anything if i see it :)