[GUIDE] Use Research Download (Spreadtrum ROM Flash)

Search This thread

Ravage32

Feb 9, 2013
New Zealand
How To Use Research Download!

Hey all! I was looking around the web and i didn't seem able to find a actually proper tutorial on how to
use research download for flashing phones and such. It not necessarily difficult it just took me a while to
figure out how to use when i first started using it so i thought I'd make a tutorial for anyone who doesn't
know it :)

Glossary
Flash: To overwrite your phones existing software with another.
Rom: Firmware for your phone.
.pac file: File in which research download uses.

Before this it is important to have the VCOM drivers for you phone installed on your computer. (Links Below)

reserch1_zpsbd093520.png

To start go ahead and press the first gear button. This will open up a browse menu

reserch2_zpseb45c755.png

Use the menu to browse for where your .pac file for your phone is saved. These files are usually given
from the phones manufacture. The browse menu can only open .pac files.

reserch3_zpse6c74479.png

Once the file is loaded you can tell, you will be able to see the name on the bar (as shown).
Next press the second gear to open up the settings menu.

reserch4_zpsd1528dd6.png

1. How much to port (self explanatory)
2. Bautrate. Leave this at 115200 unless your phone manufacture said otherwise. This works for the SC6820.
3. This will be automatically selected once you load the .pac file.
4. Where all the files are stored. You can actually extract these once you load a .pac file hehe :p .
5. Name of Each file. If its ticked it will be flashed. You can untick things you don't want to be flashed.
6. This is just if your going to build a .pac file from parts, don't worry about it that's a whole other thing.

Once your don't editing the settings you can go ahead and press Ok.

Reserch5_zpsd72afaa6.png

After your done press the arrow like button. This will start the process and have it ready for your phone.
Take the battery out of your phone now for at least 15 seconds. Place it back and plug in the usb while
simultaneously holding the volume down button. You should see in research download that it has started
flashing! ( You can let go of the volume key now :p) When it is finished just press the stop button and
disconnect your phone! :victory:

Feel free to ask questions, but PLEASE don't quote this whole thing. Quote sections! :D
Cheers! :good:

Links
Research Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1gt7yr1ae7dc97g/ResearchDownload R2.9.7002.zip
Drivers: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cyi7knz4q66bbbx/Spredtrum Drivers LATEST.zip

Last edited:

stream13

Mar 24, 2014
Fail: Preserve Calibration fail (cannot find nv item in nv) What does it mean?

I just made up the PAC file with NV = mtd6.backupfixnv.yaffs2.img extracted from other phone (same model). This is what was supposed to be done isn't it? Is the error saying that I got a wrong nvitem file or something?

I couldn't extract nvitem.bin file so I just pointed it to the mtd6.backupfixnv.yaffs2.img file.

Thanks ...

Last edited:

Java Baba

Jan 13, 2014
Buxar
Not working for Micromax Bolt A34

Hey all! I was looking around the web and i didn't seem able to find a actually proper tutorial on how to
use research download for flashing phones and such. It not necessarily difficult it just took me a while to
figure out how to use when i first started using it so i thought I'd make a tutorial for anyone who doesn't

Glossary

Before this it is important to have the VCOM drivers for you phone installed on your computer. (Links Below)

reserch1_zpsbd093520.png

To start go ahead and press the first gear button. This will open up a browse menu

reserch2_zpseb45c755.png

Use the menu to browse for where your .pac file for your phone is saved. These files are usually given

reserch3_zpse6c74479.png

Once the file is loaded you can tell, you will be able to see the name on the bar (as shown).

reserch4_zpsd1528dd6.png

2. Bautrate. Leave this at 115200 unless your phone manufacture said otherwise. This works for the SC6820.
4. Where all the files are stored. You can actually extract these once you load a .pac file hehe :p .
5. Name of Each file. If its ticked it will be flashed. You can untick things you don't want to be flashed.
6. This is just if your going to build a .pac file from parts, don't worry about it that's a whole other thing.

Reserch5_zpsd72afaa6.png

After your done press the arrow like button. This will start the process and have it ready for your phone.
Take the battery out of your phone now for at least 15 seconds. Place it back and plug in the usb while
simultaneously holding the volume down button. You should see in research download that it has started
flashing! ( You can let go of the volume key now :p) When it is finished just press the stop button and

Feel free to ask questions, but PLEASE don't quote this whole thing. Quote sections! :D

Links
Research Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1gt7yr1ae7dc97g/ResearchDownload R2.9.7002.zip
Drivers: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cyi7knz4q66bbbx/Spredtrum Drivers LATEST.zip

Here is what i had done:
1.Loaded all the required drivers which include com port driver,usb debug drivers.
2.Loaded .pac firmware file into research downloader,baud rate selected 115200, and in windows PORTS also.
3.Clicked on play button and pressed volume down (and up key - next time) button then plugged in the micro usb cable.
4.It start detecting two ports vendor specific and status changes to CHECKING BAUDRATE which never ends.

My device is just refusing BOOT after the BOLT logo.

soko89

Jul 10, 2013
Here is what i had done:
1.Loaded all the required drivers which include com port driver,usb debug drivers.
2.Loaded .pac firmware file into research downloader,baud rate selected 115200, and in windows PORTS also.
3.Clicked on play button and pressed volume down (and up key - next time) button then plugged in the micro usb cable.
4.It start detecting two ports vendor specific and status changes to CHECKING BAUDRATE which never ends.

i have the same problem =/

Zacktamondo

May 8, 2014
Zacktamondo Land
Help Me Please...

Can you please help me by any way to add a new language to the .pac file.
I couldn't decompile the system.img file which extracted from the official .pac file by Research Download.
I just want any way to edit the extracted system.img or a way to create a custom system.img.
Note: I have another .pac file contain the wanted language but it doesn't work on the device.
Thanks in advance :)

Reactions: superkor

akisg

Dec 26, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F3
for those who wants to unbrick their spreadtrum phones Enjoy...!
Dont Forget to hit thanks!

Go to - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s6qMzYnVB8

I'm trying to unbrick a chinese elitek f6658 device. The only rom i've found for this device is this Elitek f6658 .
There should be a .pac file in order to flash this but in the rom package i can't find any, only a .p5c file. Tried to extract all the files inside in order to create a .pac file as mentioned above, but i can't find 1-2 .img files that are needed for packaging and the result is an error when trying to load the packet file. Anyone have any idea how can i restore this chinese brick?

abhimortal6

Mar 6, 2014
Gwalior
I'm trying to unbrick a chinese elitek f6658 device. The only rom i've found for this device is this Elitek f6658 .
There should be a .pac file in order to flash this but in the rom package i can't find any, only a .p5c file. Tried to extract all the files inside in order to create a .pac file as mentioned above, but i can't find 1-2 .img files that are needed for packaging and the result is an error when trying to load the packet file. Anyone have any idea how can i restore this chinese brick?
its already a .pac file just rename it to " .pac " from " .p5c "

Ravage32

Feb 9, 2013
New Zealand
Make sure you have ALL the drivers installed correctly and that when u first connect it its showing up as somthing like "Spreadtrum phone" connected in your new devices popups. Probably good to restart the computer after you install the drivers. Are you using 64 or 32 bit? Ive had lots of troubles lately with 64bit windows 8 because drivers would not install because of signature verification. Works better on windows 7.

Ravage32

Feb 9, 2013
New Zealand
Need more info haha :p . Are you using different FDL's cuz some roms are able to use just a set of FDL's which can be used with all custom roms/flashing. If not and you have a pac file, most likely its not for you phone.

pol1345

Feb 26, 2012
I have a T9500b htm and I have a doubt, in steps 5 and 6 what options must i select and what not. ? the phone block with to much unlock tries, I trying to do a factory restore. I don't want brick the phone.

timohnjunge

Mar 23, 2016
cant use the spd tool

i flashed a wrong boot image to my phone (Itel 1502 , sp7731) using flashify. then after a reboot my phone got stuck on the boot menu just displaying the inote logo.
i thought on flashing a fresh stock rom.
but the problem is, after connecting my phone to the computer it displays windows cant recognise the usb device. then the spd tool displays that the device is unpluged.
please help.

Jpaulll27

Apr 24, 2016
Micromax A27/O+ 8.31 Android

Good Day Ms. / Mr. ?

I have O+ 8.31 android that are compatible with the OS of micromax a27.. I used this tool for flashing stock rom of my bootloop phone and it will be ok. But when i tried to uncheck some files and i only select boot logo to change the logo of stock rom of MM a27 after i flash the logo of O+ my phone is dead, i tried to switch on and it will never turn on and when i connect my phone in my computer, cannot be detected my phone even charging it is does not work?? I think i deleted the whole OS of my phone?? But the battery of my phone is full!! What can I do now to fix it?? Please help! ???? thanks for advice in advance! ??

kidnifer

May 31, 2016
hello sir. I've tried your guide but mine is on working. when i hit start download button their no progress of status showing or any happens. please help i want to flash O+ 8.96 phone.thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Glossary

reserch1_zpsbd093520.png

reserch2_zpseb45c755.png

reserch3_zpse6c74479.png

reserch4_zpsd1528dd6.png

Reserch5_zpsd72afaa6.png

Links
    Not working for Micromax Bolt A34

Glossary

reserch1_zpsbd093520.png

reserch2_zpseb45c755.png

reserch3_zpse6c74479.png

reserch4_zpsd1528dd6.png

Reserch5_zpsd72afaa6.png

Links

Here is what i had done:

Here is what i had done:

Have you tried changing the budrate? For spreadtrum SP6820 the default is 115200 for other phones im not sure what i would be, have a go with different ones and see which ones work :) Cheers
    How to use Research Download Tool at here

How to install SPD drivers at here

We can also extract the .pac firmware using this guide.
    https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-6236.html

If we want flash only some partitions like TWRP, magisk_patched_boot.img then you can use this guide, if you have stock rom .pac file.
    https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-28774.html

If we want to redistribute the edited or modified partition within a .pac file, then you can build or re-pack that using below guide
    https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-1232.html

A full detailed videos done by Hovatek for Spreatrum are at: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLr_0hlHNXjuXu16Q6857dnt61zMKCBIEk