[Q] X10a rooted firmware issues.

Search This thread

aadrcw

Jun 9, 2011
I just bought a used X10a today, Not my first android but my first rooted phone, (bought it rooted and unlocked. It is running 2.2.1) and there alot of issues and I just can't seem to find out what exactly I need to do so I can actually use this phone. First off it was originally a AT&T phone, I use Cincinnati Bell so the unlock is a must.

My first big issue is no matter what I am doing swiping through menus, screens, options you name it, it is laggy and jittery and half the time wont move just goes nuts for a few seconds.

The next issue is I can not for the life of me get 3g to work, edge works but no 3g. I used the exact apn settings as my other phone which is an unlocked tmobile and works fine but not on this one.

my last problem is I am missing tons of the factory installed apps, I do not mean the bloatware and irratating things that come on phones that arent needed, but things that I really need like a music app, the maps app, the email apps, all of that. All I have are the bare bones needed to run stuff, dialer, and messaging. That wouldnt be to big of a deal but nothing on the market will download it says download unsuccessful every time for any app, So i am not able to get all the things i am missing.

Also I do not know if it matters but I feel I need to mention it, The About Phone section on the phone says it is a x10i but the phone is actually an x10a so I do not know if that has anything to do with my problem but throwing it out there.

I really like this phone but I can't use it like this. What I need to do is either downgrade it to a rooted 2.1 so I have everything and it works or get a good 2.2 rom that will actually work. The problem is I have never rooted a phone so I do not know what steps to take let alone adjusting a phone that is already rooted.

So would it be possible for me to downgrade to a proven working 2.1 rom or is there a 2.2 rom for this phone that is proven to work and not cause all these issues I am having right now?

All help is greatly appreciated,

Cody

hasei

Sep 8, 2009
Erlanger
Cody,

CBW uses TMO's 3G infrastruacture (1700+2100 frequency bands). X10a is equipped with a radio that works on AT&T's 3G bands (850+1900) but not TMO's. X10a does not work on TMO's (therefore CBW's) 3G. It's a hardware issue. For 2G you won't have any problem. Therefore the fastest data speed you can get with X10a on CBW is EDGE. On the other hand, X10i should work on CBW 3G.

I would say that what it says on the "About Phone" section probably doesn't matter. I tried a tons of custom and stock ROMs available here with a variety of radio firmware but I haven't experienced any difficulty with AT&T. Then again you are trying to use X10a on TMO.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1012380

This should help you with some of your other problems. Rooting and flashing a ROM on X10 is very very easy, thanks to all the developers here who contributed.

aadrcw

Jun 9, 2011
With my phone already being rooted and flashed would I still do it just as if it was all stock?

My only other question is would a generic 2.1 rom still leave the phone unlocked for use with any sim?

Thanks, Cody

hasei

Sep 8, 2009
Erlanger
I'm not a tech but from what I understand and I did in the past, once SIM is unlocked, the phone will stay unlocked no matter what firmware you flash, including a generic 2.1 ROM.

Rooting and recovery are different. When you flash a stock SE 2.1 ROMs, you will lose root and recovery. That's where the flashtool comes in handy to get root and flash recovery again.