[ROM] [1/7/12] MIUIAndroid [2.1.6] [Glitch v13]

Search This thread

weblexa

Jun 11, 2011
Spokane, WA
SUCCESS!!! I just got MIUI ICS booted on my Fassy! I'm getting a constant force close on com.android.phone though, but I'm working on it. Huge thanks to xboxfanj for the tips/advice. I really appreciate all your help.

I'll be releasing this as a beta as soon as I can get the force close problem fixed as well as verify calls/sms, etc are working.

dricacho

Oct 9, 2010
Los Angeles
Amazing...can't wait for the release and try it out.

SUCCESS!!! I just got MIUI ICS booted on my Fassy! I'm getting a constant force close on com.android.phone though, but I'm working on it. Huge thanks to xboxfanj for the tips/advice. I really appreciate all your help.

I'll be releasing this as a beta as soon as I can get the force close problem fixed as well as verify calls/sms, etc are working.

rickatnight11

Dec 31, 2010
For anyone experiencing constant Force Close errors, this may be caused by a filled /datadata partition.

Symptoms: Constant Force Closes

Verification: Access a command line (Terminal Emulator, ConnectBot, SSHd, etc) and run the following commands:

1. Gain root, if you don't have it already:
    Code:
    su
  2. Run the following command to check the /data/data path.
    Code:
    ls -lha /data/data | grep data
  3. If the above line has a d instead of an l for the first character, and/or the end of the line doesn't indicate a link pointing to /datadata, STOP! This means you don't have this problem, and you've probably run some other script or app that fixes this.
    Code:
    lrwxrwx--x  118 system   system      4.0K Feb  3 15:28 data --> /datadata
  4. Check the disk utilization of the /datadata partition:
    Code:
    df -h /datadata
    If Usage is at or near 100%, this is your problem.

Reason: For a reason I've not been able to find CyanogenMod partitions your device such that application data is stored on a 150MB partition....not very big. If you have a ton of apps, it's very easy to fill this up.

Thankfully the data is accessed through /data/data, which is just a symlink to /datadata. Since /data has plenty of space, we can just remove that symlink and replace it with the actual data.

Solution: Access a command line (Terminal Emulator, ConnectBot, SSHd, etc) and run the following:

• Remove the symlink.
    Code:
    rm -f /data/data
  • Replace with a new directory.
    Code:
    mkdir /data/data
  • Copy the data.
    Code:
    cp -pR /datadata/* /data/data/

Reboot the phone, and your problem should be resolved. Since this applies to any device rurning CyanogenMod or CM-derivative (like MIUI), I may create a separate post to document this.

Last edited:

Dustin1980

Jan 16, 2011
i get a:
$ rm -f /data/data
rm: /data/data: is a directory
$ mkdir /data/data
mkdir: can't create directory '/data/data': File exists

What did i mess up...?

Last edited:

Dustin1980

Jan 16, 2011
Currently it isn't full but that's because i don't half many apps on because when i get a few installed even if i move them to the sd my phone gets full and i have to remove something...they are lots of games i'd like to leave on the phone but can't because it takes too much space.

$ su
# ls -lha /data | grep data
drwxrwx--x 118 system system 4.0K Feb 3 15:28 data
#

rickatnight11

Dec 31, 2010
Currently it isn't full but that's because i don't half many apps on because when i get a few installed even if i move them to the sd my phone gets full and i have to remove something...they are lots of games i'd like to leave on the phone but can't because it takes too much space.
Gotcha. I'd say avoid this unless it becomes a problem. I'm guessing the CM team has a reason for configuring it this way.

Code:
$ su
# ls -lha /data | grep data
drwxrwx--x  118 system   system      4.0K Feb  3 15:28 data
#

This means /data/data isn't a symbolic link, like normal, but a directory. It appears you should already be fine. I wonder if you haven't run one of the app2sd or similar scripts, as those may perform the same thing.

Reactions: Dustin1980

Dustin1980

Jan 16, 2011
you know now that i think about it It may have been included in a supercharger script i ran...i thought it was all the apps i removed and the clearing of the cache that stopped the FC issues and it was going to come back...

Thanks for your help and thanks for helping the community

rickatnight11

Dec 31, 2010
you know now that i think about it It may have been included in a supercharger script i ran...i thought it was all the apps i removed and the clearing of the cache that stopped the FC issues and it was going to come back...

Thanks for your help and thanks for helping the community

No problem. I'll update my Verification steps with this check.

blee9999

Feb 20, 2011
Which of Ricks extended settings works best with 2.1.6? Is there any other way of getting rid of the carrier logo?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Phasze

Jan 11, 2011
For anyone experiencing constant Force Close errors, this may be caused by a filled /datadata partition.

Symptoms: Constant Force Closes

Verification: Access a command line (Terminal Emulator, ConnectBot, SSHd, etc) and run the following commands:

1. Gain root, if you don't have it already:
    Code:
    su
  2. Run the following command to check the /data/data path.
    Code:
    ls -lha /data/data | grep data
  3. If the above line has a d instead of an l for the first character, and/or the end of the line doesn't indicate a link pointing to /datadata, STOP! This means you don't have this problem, and you've probably run some other script or app that fixes this.
    Code:
    lrwxrwx--x  118 system   system      4.0K Feb  3 15:28 data --> /datadata
  4. Check the disk utilization of the /datadata partition:
    Code:
    df -h /datadata
    If Usage is at or near 100%, this is your problem.

Reason: For a reason I've not been able to find CyanogenMod partitions your device such that application data is stored on a 150MB partition....not very big. If you have a ton of apps, it's very easy to fill this up.

Thankfully the data is accessed through /data/data, which is just a symlink to /datadata. Since /data has plenty of space, we can just remove that symlink and replace it with the actual data.

Solution: Access a command line (Terminal Emulator, ConnectBot, SSHd, etc) and run the following:

• Remove the symlink.
    Code:
    rm -f /data/data
  • Replace with a new directory.
    Code:
    mkdir /data/data
  • Copy the data.
    Code:
    cp -pR /datadata/* /data/data/

Reboot the phone, and your problem should be resolved. Since this applies to any device rurning CyanogenMod or CM-derivative (like MIUI), I may create a separate post to document this.

I love you long time for this post.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

UPDATE: Due to cdma issues that I have been unable to resolve with the last 2 MIUI releases, I am not sure when I will be able to provide a current MIUI port for the Fascinate. I am still working on finding a fix for this issue in my spare time and will have a current port up as soon as I can. I will, however, post a link to a port with the apps and some of the framework updated. This will not be a full port of 2.1.20 because it will have some of the old framework along with the new framework. I'll have it up sometime today or tomorrow.

All my previous MIUI releases can be downloaded here: http://goo-inside.me/devs/weblexa/MIUI.

Here's the first release of 2012! Been running it for a few hours and seems everything is working very well! Let me know if you experience any bugs. :)

Download: http://goo.gl/n4n8y
    md5: 93ad543c00fefafb1e43d39bae33c283

2.1.6 Full Changelog: http://goo.gl/gYzPg

As requested, link to Glitch v13.1 Kernel below:
    Download: http://goo.gl/unvGP

Download MIUI Bloatware:
    This flashable zip includes the MIUI apps which originally comes with MIUI that I have removed from my build. Apps include: Gmail.apk, miliao.apk, MIUIStats.apk, and Updater.apk. If I'm missing any, let me know and I'll add them.

Download: http://goo.gl/YbNKw

PATCH FOR NON-VERIZON DEVICES
    If you're using a Non-Verizon device, flash this over the weekly release. I take no credit for this patch, as I did not create it. Credit goes to massaint. I'm just including it in my thread so people can find it easier.

Download: http://goo.gl/WZ0T0
    md5: 501d61ee0d837db04af8620150c72c0b

Known Bugs:
    1. Facebook Contact Sync only syncs all Contacts even when "Sync to existing contacts" is selected

Enjoy!

Follow me on Twitter for instant release notifications: @weblexa
    Now, download the nexus s build from here http://bigota.d.miui.com/2.1.20/miui_NS_2.1.20_9273d58214_4.0.zip

Then deodex it in dsixdas kitchen. Then copy the deodexed app and framework folders and that should fix fcs and possibly other stuff.

Due to the Chinese New Year, there isn't going to be a release today. Sorry, I was just notified of this. Gives me more time to try to figure out the CDMA bug. Hopefully I'll have it figured out for next week.
    Are you guys working on ics miui? I have it partially working on my epic with sms calling and wifi. We should work together. Our gb miui roms were very similar, so we can probably use most of the same stuff for ics miui. Pm me if you guys are interested
    Are you guys working on ics miui? I have it partially working on my epic with sms calling and wifi. We should work together. Our gb miui roms were very similar, so we can probably use most of the same stuff for ics miui. Pm me if you guys are interested

Just sent you a PM.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium