[Rom][2-21-12]GingerVolt Rom 2.0 w/ Blitzkrieg Kernel

Search This thread

Big Cam

Apr 6, 2011
West Fargo
OTA updates still automatically download and ask to update. Can rom maker possibly remove this?

I'm sure MT will, but give him time, it's not like he works for us, he does this in his spare time.

in the mean time does anyone know where this file gets downloaded to? After I deferred it, I wasn't able to update an app due to insufficient memory, and I bet it was that dumb file sitting on my memory somewhere, I'll go delete it through root explorer, I just need to know where it is.

mtmichaelson

Apr 5, 2009
Mt. Juliet, TN
I'm sure MT will, but give him time, it's not like he works for us, he does this in his spare time.

in the mean time does anyone know where this file gets downloaded to? After I deferred it, I wasn't able to update an app due to insufficient memory, and I bet it was that dumb file sitting on my memory somewhere, I'll go delete it through root explorer, I just need to know where it is.

It sits in cache. Wipe cache and you should be fine.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Big Cam

scotttkd

Jan 19, 2011
in the mean time does anyone know where this file gets downloaded to? After I deferred it, I wasn't able to update an app due to insufficient memory, and I bet it was that dumb file sitting on my memory somewhere, I'll go delete it through root explorer, I just need to know where it is.[/QUOTE]

I had same out of memory issue and couldnt find any files to delete either, so I just rebooted phone and no more memory issue.

spc_hicks09

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com

I had same out of memory issue and couldnt find any files to delete either, so I just rebooted phone and no more memory issue.[/QUOTE]

MT answered that issue, all you had to do was wipe cache partition in recovery.

meabrams

Sep 9, 2009
I'm looking for a way to force the audio to come from the headphone jack while I am connected to a PC monitor watching videos from my phone.

Currently using a converter from hdmi to dvi

Only things I added to GingerVolt is the beats audio and IcS theme

I did try it in my wives phone and it did switch over to the headphone jack automatically as soon I plugged it in (she has stock unrooted revolution)

Sent from my GingerVolt 2.0 using XDA

jblack55

Jun 21, 2011
Houston
Google Pixel 6a
They are pushing an update. Do we have to do the update? Will it kill root? Is there a way to not do the update? The LG rev is my fathers phone and I know on my custom rom on my inc we don't get updates. What do I do? Please help.

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

JetBlue

Jan 6, 2012
They are pushing an update. Do we have to do the update? Will it kill root? Is there a way to not do the update? The LG rev is my fathers phone and I know on my custom rom on my inc we don't get updates. What do I do? Please help.

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium
If you have CWM the update cannot go through unless you have Stock Recovery so as long as you don't have the Stock Recovery you're fine.

Reactions: jblack55

meabrams

Sep 9, 2009
I'm looking for a way to force the audio to come from the headphone jack while I am connected to a PC monitor watching videos from my phone.

Currently using a converter from hdmi to dvi

Only things I added to GingerVolt is the beats audio and IcS theme

I did try it in my wives phone and it did switch over to the headphone jack automatically as soon I plugged it in (she has stock unrooted revolution)

Sent from my GingerVolt 2.0 using XDA

So far I have tried wiping cache, dev cache, factory reset, reinstall GingerVolt 2.0, downgrading to GingerVolt 1.2 to see if that made a difference still no change. Just tried stock rooted as well and still no dice making it work the way I need it to.

Haven't yet tried tot back to OEM. If anyone has ideas on how to get the audio to play out of the headphone jack let me know. Thanks

Sent from my GingerVolt 2.0 4G using XDA

Last edited:
G

GuestK00134

I use the head phone jack for audio all the time in my car and have never had any problems on either stock or GB, although the volume is much too quiet in my opinion. if it's not working for you no matter what you do then it may be a hardware issue with the jack?

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium

sephkeene

Jul 8, 2011
according to his previous posts, he's looking to override the HDMI output for audio when connected to a HDMI->DVI cable

Cybie257

Aug 17, 2011
Salem, OR
If you have CWM the update cannot go through unless you have Stock Recovery so as long as you don't have the Stock Recovery you're fine.

Might want to add, as I found out the hard way, "You're Fine" if you don't rely on your phone for an alarm clock! UGH... Stupid update tried to install itself AT MIDNIGHT and got stuck on CWM. Not only did my alarm fail to go off, but my battery was down to 8% in the morning. It even tried it again last night. Luckily I was up past midnight and killed the update. I guess it's time to update it, lol...

One thing I have always said is LAME about Android devices.. Why in the world does it take 'software' to allow them to charge? If it's plugged in, it's plugged in and SHOULD charge... Got to be the lamest thing about these devices. I don't play with iCrap, so dunno if they act the same, nor would that be any reason for me to switch to proprietary junk, lol...

-Cybie

G

GuestK00134

yeah I went ahead and did what I had to do to get the update. I always like having the latest software. Sucks I am not on GV right now but I figure MT will have something out pretty quick so it won't be long.

brad08stanggt

Apr 6, 2011
I had same out of memory issue and couldnt find any files to delete either, so I just rebooted phone and no more memory issue.

MT answered that issue, all you had to do was wipe cache partition in recovery.

My g/f and I are both running GingerVolt 2.0 on our Revolutions. We have been happy with it, except for the OTA update which has been trying to push its way in. We both hit cancel for the update, only to find both our phones, mostly dead and in CWM recovery in the morning....after we overslept since the alarms didn't go off. Luckily my other phone, an old school flip phone is my backup alarm and we were able to just make it to work on time.

Now we have deferred for 24 hours, but we can't have this happen again.

I read above and wiped my cache partition, which subsequently reset everything on my phone. My data was there, all my apps were there (showing I did not factory reset), but it was asking me to sign up for backup assistant and all that wonderful first time start up stuff. Looking further into it pretty much all settings, accounts, preferences were wiped.

I read elsewhere that "freezing" the software update 1.0 service from running would stop the OTA update, but as a result my market no longer worked.

I am working on restoring from before my GingerVolt 2.0 update, and I will re-flash that, but most importantly this OTA must be stopped.

Is there a way to stop this OTA from popping up on our phones? Is there a way to stop the automatic download and install attempt from occurring?

thanks.

Last edited:

mtmichaelson

Apr 5, 2009
Mt. Juliet, TN
My g/f and I are both running GingerVolt 2.0 on our Revolutions. We have been happy with it, except for the OTA update which has been trying to push its way in. We both hit cancel for the update, only to find both our phones, mostly dead and in CWM recovery in the morning....after we overslept since the alarms didn't go off. Luckily my other phone, an old school flip phone is my backup alarm and we were able to just make it to work on time.

Now we have deferred for 24 hours, but we can't have this happen again.

I read above and wiped my cache partition, which subsequently reset everything on my phone. My data was there, all my apps were there (showing I did not factory reset), but it was asking me to sign up for backup assistant and all that wonderful first time start up stuff. Looking further into it pretty much all settings, accounts, preferences were wiped.

I read elsewhere that "freezing" the software update 1.0 service from running would stop the OTA update, but as a result my market no longer worked.

I am working on restoring from before my GingerVolt 2.0 update, and I will re-flash that, but most importantly this OTA must be stopped.

Is there a way to stop this OTA from popping up on our phones? Is there a way to stop the automatic download and install attempt from occurring?

thanks.

Try this for me, in root explorer go to /system/etc/security and rename otacert.zip with .bak at the end and reboot. Let me know if that works!

Reactions: chagla and revo1185
L

LeadPharmer

Try this for me, in root explorer go to /system/etc/security and rename otacert.zip with .bak at the end and reboot. Let me know if that works!

I renamed mine and restarted without issue. I'll let you know tomorrow morning if there is any weird error messages or anything from failed OTA when I wake up.

As always, thanks a ton for all you do MT.

meabrams

Sep 9, 2009
So far I have tried wiping cache, dev cache, factory reset, reinstall GingerVolt 2.0, downgrading to GingerVolt 1.2 to see if that made a difference still no change. Just tried stock rooted as well and still no dice making it work the way I need it to.

Haven't yet tried tot back to OEM. If anyone has ideas on how to get the audio to play out of the headphone jack let me know. Thanks

Sent from my GingerVolt 2.0 4G using XDA

Yes the audio plays fine through the headphone jack when the hdmi is not connected but the moment I plug the hdmi in it completely overrides the headphone jack.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can add to the build.prop file to get the audio to do what I am trying to accomplish. Really don't want to TOT back to OEM and be stuck with all the crapware

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

I use the head phone jack for audio all the time in my car and have never had any problems on either stock or GB, although the volume is much too quiet in my opinion. if it's not working for you no matter what you do then it may be a hardware issue with the jack?

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium

Have you tried Volume+ I noticed a big difference in the volume using it. Just turn it 1 level at a time for the headset section, until gets to the desired volume setting or until it distorts the audio (if it distorts the audio I go 2 levels below but that's just me). I have not used any of the other section in the apk.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1533497&highlight=meltus

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all! Here it is GingerVolt Rom!!! It has been fully cleaned out to decrease size and to increase speed. It will continue to be a work in progress! I hope you all enjoy!!!

What is this?
    This is a very lightweight rom built both for speed and stability. This rom is based off of the latest LG update to Gingerbread. It is fully deodexed, and debloated. Almost all of LG has been replaced and as time goes by, I hope to remove the rest. Swype has also been changed to the newest Beta. A few items have been replaced with AOSP versions to increase speed and decrease size. Also included is the appwidgetpicker to clean that up.

Changelog
    v 2.0
    Rom:
    Completely Re-modified Init.d Scripts to Maximize Speed, and Battery
    Added Init.d Scripts for Governor, Max CPU Speed, and Min CPU Speed
    Governor and CPU Speeds Now Stick After Boot
    Small Build.prop Tweak
    Added Sony Bravia Engine
    Cleaned Up More /system Files
    Changed Low Battery Pop Up to 1%
    Updated All /system Apps to Newest Version (Inc. Swype)
    Updated Busybox
    Added Google Voice
    Added Terminal Emulator
    Added Newest WiFi Tether Beta
    Removed V6 Supercharger

Kernel:
    Cleaned Up Some Code
    Changed From JHash2 to JHash3
    Added ZRAM Swap (To Turn on Use Terminal Emulator, Type "su" to Gain Root Access, Then Type "zram enable"
    Added 2-Way Call Recording

v. 1.3
    DeBinged Browser
    Now Boots Straight to the Bootanimation.zip
    Made My Own Host File From Several Sources to Block Ads
    Blocked All CIQ Logs From Verizon and Google (Requires Reboot After Install)

v. 1.2
    Replaced GB Launcher with ADW.Launcher
    Included Spare Parts
    Notification Bar Clean Up
    Enabled Actual Boot Animations!!!
    Build.prop
    Init.d Tweaks
    V6 SuperCharger Tweak
    Loopy Smoothness Tweak
    Boot.img Tweaks

v. 1.1
    Power Menu Mod
    Battery Charging Animation (Thanks Beamer for the idea!)
    Other Tweaks for Speed and Battery Life
    Fix for Soft Keys Not Turning On

v. 1.0 Initial Release
    Based off of ZV7 Gingerbread
    Deodexed
    Zipaligned
    Heavily Debloated
    Debinged
    Custom Boot Animation
    AOSP Lockscreen
    Accurate Battery Mod
    CRT Screen Shut Off
    Google Search
    Long Press Search
    Swype Beta 3.26
    Fixed Recovery Not Sticking
    Build.prop Tweaks

Screenshots
    Coming Soon

How do I install this?
    WARNING: HAS NOT INSTALLED OVER FROYO.
    UPDATE TO GINGERBREAD FIRST!

1.) Download the .zip & make sure 4g is enabled.
    2.) Place zip in external sdcard
    3.) Back up
    4.) WIPE DATA!!! (You do not need to wipe if already on GingerVolt!)
    5.) Go to install zip from sdcard
    6.) Select GingerVolt2.0.zip
    7.) Do not wipe data after flashing!!!
    8.) Reboot!
    9.) To Block CIQ Logs Requires Reboot After Initial Boot

Technical Info
    This rom includes edits to several jar files, xml's and build.prop edits. As time goes more will be done.

Special Thanks!!!
    TheCubed for all of his hard work for us on the Revo, and always being there for me when I have stupid questions
    majorpay for Long Press Search fix
    Beamer9408 for the battery charge idea
    "The Gang" for testing and keeping me entertained on irc, if you haven't been by you should!!!

Donations
    For those that enjoy the work that I have done and would like to support my efforts financially through the donate to me button, any amount is appreciated, but all that I ask is that if you like my work, please hit the thanks button!!!
    Just to give an update guys, I have finally begun working on zv8 last night! I was in the middle of another project but finished it up now! I will be heading to the mountains for the weekend with family but I'm sure I will get some work in there, just no internet access lol. The other project has helped me learn a bit more and I will be able to apply it here!

thx for all your work mt.

quick question, just updated to GB and rooted. now how do I get clockwork back on the revo? can I still use the revotoolkit the cubed made.... I remember reading a posting of someone running into issues doing it that way but can't seem to find it now.

Yes, use Revotoolkit to install recovery. After installing, hit the check recovery version, it should be 4.0.0.2 or something like that. Then reboot into recovery.
    Hello all!!! After a long 3 months, GingerVolt 2.0 is here!!!! There were MANY changes and things that I played with to get things how I liked them. Honestly, I put in the Change Log what I remembered, and will add to it as I remember the rest lol.

It is recommended to install after a complete wipe, as some apps were updated, and some were removed. I don't want to here any complaints about things force closing, battery is being drained, etc, unless a data wipe has been done. I also do not recommend using TB, etc as it can restore bad data. That is just me, and my opinions on it. Hope you enjoy!!!

P.s.: Over the last 3 days, my battery life has been AMAZING!!! They were 16hrs, 17hrs, and 22hrs. Results may vary, but that is what I have gotten.
    OP updated with 1.3

Themes for 1.2 will work just fine on 1.3!!!