[Q] Flashing the Radio?

Search This thread

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
Well, the radio allows your phone to access and relay signal from carrier towers. From what I have learned, people install different radios in an attempt to boost signal reception and data connectivity in their respective area which in turn impacts battery life. No one radio is best for everyone because various contributing factors can impact your and my cellular reception. These factors include proximity to towers, environmental obstacles (mountains, forest areas), the makeup of the building your are in, number of users connecting to those same towers, etc. The less factors in your surroundings then the less time your phone's radio spends searching for a strong signal. The stronger your connection, the better your battery life should be. For most roms your accurate signal strength is displayed in:

Settings/About Phone/Network/Signal Strength

Edit: Also, the radios that users install is software although it affects the hardware radio of the phone.

Last edited:

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
Well, the radio allows your phone to access and relay signal from carrier towers. From what I have learned, people install different radios in an attempt to boost signal reception and data connectivity in their respective area which in turn impacts battery life. No one radio is best for everyone because various contributing factors can impact your and my cellular reception. These factors include proximity to towers, environmental obstacles (mountains, forest areas), the makeup of the building your are in, number of users connecting to those same towers, etc. The less factors in your surroundings then the less time your phone's radio spends searching for a strong signal. The stronger your connection, the better your battery life should be. For most roms your accurate signal strength is displayed in:

Edit: Also, the radios that users install is software although it affects the hardware radio of the phone.

Good explanation.

Reactions: SlimSnoopOS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you so much. I was confused about it till now.

My pleasure, feel free to ask away if you have any other questions/concerns.

Good explanation.
    Well said!

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium