[APP][ROOT][SGH-T959V/W] SGS4G Carrier Unlocker

Search This thread

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
logo.png

Samsung Galaxy S 4G Carrier Unlocker
Easily unlock your T-Mobile/Wind Samsung Galaxy S 4G!

Have you wanted to do a carrier unlock on your phone easily? Tired of messing around with hex editors by hand? Did the unlock code T-Mobile and other unlock methods gave you not work?
Now you can unlock your phone at the touch of a button!

unlocker_features.png

* One button lock/unlock
* Backup/Restore
* Get your unlock code to unlock by hand
* Fragments Interface

unlocker_prerequisites.png

* Root
* Busybox
* GB/ICS/JB Roms
* A compatible phone
* * SGH-T959V (T-Mobile Galaxy S 4G)
* * SGH-T959W (Wind Galaxy S 4G)

unlocker_downloads.png

(Free) [ROOT] Galaxy S 4G Unlocker on Google Play

Last edited:

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
unlocker_changelog.png

December 8, 2014
Version 2.1
Minor under the hood changes
* Updated Google libraries to the latest versions
* Added an About option in the menu
* The application should be a little more reliable during the unlock process now

Dec 18, 2013
Version 2.0 Released!
Features a major UI redesign and easier to follow instructions!
New Icons (Thank you Pat!)

April 20, 2013
First Release!

Last edited:

BitingChaos

Apr 18, 2011
St. Louis
I just got a Samsung Galaxy S 4G (SGH-T959V).

I went through a factory-wipe, update to 2.3.6, root, custom kernel, CM7 install, and now on CM9. It seems to work fine. Except I'm on AT&T!

I just purchased your app. I will try it out in a few hours. If it works, I'll leave a positive review here and on the Play store.

Reactions: FBis251

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
I just got a Samsung Galaxy S 4G (SGH-T959V).

I went through a factory-wipe, update to 2.3.6, root, custom kernel, CM7 install, and now on CM9. It seems to work fine. Except I'm on AT&T!

I just purchased your app. I will try it out in a few hours. If it works, I'll leave a positive review here and on the Play store.

Thank you, but if you're already using your SGH-T959V successfully on AT&T it means that your phone is already unlocked and don't need to attempt to unlock again.

BitingChaos

Apr 18, 2011
St. Louis
Thank you, but if you're already using your SGH-T959V successfully on AT&T it means that your phone is already unlocked and don't need to attempt to unlock again.

I was *not* using it on AT&T, that is why I bought your app.

The phone was locked to T-Mobile. When I put in my AT&T SIM, it asked for a SIM PIN or something.

With the T-Mobile SIM inserted, I ran your app, wrote down the number, put my AT&T SIM in, typed in the number, then it said "Network Unlocked" (or something like that).

Does this mean the device is unlocked for ANY GSM network (such as Bell or Rogers), or was it telling me that it was unlocked for just the AT&T SIM?

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
I was *not* using it on AT&T, that is why I bought your app.

The phone was locked to T-Mobile. When I put in my AT&T SIM, it asked for a SIM PIN or something.

With the T-Mobile SIM inserted, I ran your app, wrote down the number, put my AT&T SIM in, typed in the number, then it said "Network Unlocked" (or something like that).

Does this mean the device is unlocked for ANY GSM network (such as Bell or Rogers), or was it telling me that it was unlocked for just the AT&T SIM?

It should work with any compatible GSM network that uses a full-sized SIM card.

Aoshi.be

Jul 30, 2008
Brussels
Hi, quick question about your App.

There will be soon the SGS4G Google Edition. It will be available only for AT&T and T-Mobile.

I'm from Belgium and I planned to buy the phone during my holidays in the U.S.

Do you think your app will work in this case and unlock the carrier ?

Regards.

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
Hi, quick question about your App.

There will be soon the SGS4G Google Edition. It will be available only for AT&T and T-Mobile.

I'm from Belgium and I planned to buy the phone during my holidays in the U.S.

Do you think your app will work in this case and unlock the carrier ?

Regards.

Whoever decided to name the phone the Galaxy S 4G picked a bad name. The phone this app is designed for came out in 2011 (SGH-T959V or SGH-T959W), so it will not work on the new 2013 Galaxy S 4.

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
If I rename your file in update.zip will it unlock also a not rooted device?
I tried some other files but unsuccessfully as not signed.
Can I ask which ROM do you suggest for this t959 4g and if it support front camera?
I used to convert avi files from my cheap camera to latest space conscious mp4 h264 on the gt i9000 with official ROM CM10.1 rc5 but often with big files it just slow down, freeze and restart, which parameters of CPU and RAM should I fine tune to achieve video transcoding done? (actually Roman 10 1.5.6)
Thanks
I temporarily rooted with z4mod 1.4 but antivirus alert me of Lena virus, I ignored it but I loose connection shortly using Internet in places never lost before.

This is a native android application available from Google Play, not a flashable zip file.
Are you sure you're using an SGH-T959V or SGH-T959W

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
Yes it is the 959 but I made the example with my old gt i9000 as it is similar in RAM and spec.
You offered aside your Google Play apk also a zip file in your other thread but I was asking how can I flash it if not rooted ask for zip signature.
About the conversion of videos now I have better results with Mackay ROM, must install yet the latest 2.11.4.

You should post here in the zip file thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1978974

Reactions: idexample

LaTejanaFria

Feb 2, 2013
Thanks so much for this. I unlocked in order to switch to a cheaper service. It's working great!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app

idexample

May 7, 2011
London
Failed to replace stock recovery now get only there.
Hi, similar situation please help.
From stock 2.1 I rooted with King root Chinese zip then to go for a new ROM I renamed a cwm zip in update.zip and I read replacing stock recovery..... and saw this cwm just a couples of times, as it revert to stock recovery and doesn't switch on anymore, show grey battery logo fixed when charging, and now after removing the battery for long it goes in stock recovery se2 , cleaned cache and data but nothing change.
Is there please a solution without PC?
Thanks

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
Failed to replace stock recovery now get only there.
Hi, similar situation please help.
From stock 2.1 I rooted with King root Chinese zip then to go for a new ROM I renamed a cwm zip in update.zip and I read replacing stock recovery..... and saw this cwm just a couples of times, as it revert to stock recovery and doesn't switch on anymore, show grey battery logo fixed when charging, and now after removing the battery for long it goes in stock recovery se2 , cleaned cache and data but nothing change.
Is there please a solution without PC?
Thanks

You will need a computer. If you have one available here is a guide you can follow that will get your phone on stock gingerbread:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21953878&postcount=2

Good luck!

Reactions: idexample

idexample

May 7, 2011
London
As you work from long time on this device, can I ask you after stock gingerbread what you suggest to put on please?
For non bricked device I will need root and custom recovery, cwm TWRP or other, in other posts I read about Amonra....
Thanks

Last edited:

pinshos

Jan 2, 2012
Thanks and question

Hello,

And thanks for this amazing app. But suddenly it doesnt works for me. I´ll explain.

I´ve purchased one SGH-T959V from Tmobile from ebay. I´ve done the "return to stock rom", root and installed the busybox. When I´ve purchased your app, it downloads but apperas an error message:

Couldnt install on USB storage or SD card.

I´ve tried to install another apps, and they´re installed succesfully.

Could you tell me what can I try?

Thannks

chawi40

Sep 7, 2013
hi am new memeber
i have prblm with my t959v g4 galaxy
when i open it i have message **code pin de déverrouillage du reseaux sim**
i want to know if this app help me in this prblm
thank's to reply me i wait u

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

Samsung Galaxy S 4G Carrier Unlocker
    Easily unlock your T-Mobile/Wind Samsung Galaxy S 4G!

Have you wanted to do a carrier unlock on your phone easily? Tired of messing around with hex editors by hand? Did the unlock code T-Mobile and other unlock methods gave you not work?
    Now you can unlock your phone at the touch of a button!

unlocker_features.png

* One button lock/unlock
    * Backup/Restore
    * Get your unlock code to unlock by hand
    * Fragments Interface

unlocker_prerequisites.png

* Root
    * Busybox
    * GB/ICS/JB Roms
    * A compatible phone
    * * SGH-T959V (T-Mobile Galaxy S 4G)
    * * SGH-T959W (Wind Galaxy S 4G)

unlocker_downloads.png

(Free) [ROOT] Galaxy S 4G Unlocker on Google Play
    unlocker_changelog.png

December 8, 2014
    Version 2.1
    Minor under the hood changes
    * Updated Google libraries to the latest versions
    * Added an About option in the menu
    * The application should be a little more reliable during the unlock process now

Dec 18, 2013
    Version 2.0 Released!
    Features a major UI redesign and easier to follow instructions!
    New Icons (Thank you Pat!)

April 20, 2013
    First Release!
    Nice:
    It's amazing to see that you had the drive to make an app just for your fellow SGS4G users.

Thanks Alot FB.
    Hey FB i just wanted to let you k ow that this on KK as well.

Sent from inside the time vortex