[ROM] 4.4.2 | CM | 18/01 | OneDroid | Pre-installed Google Apps, SU, Busybox, Xposed

Search This thread

ssrij

Sep 7, 2013
London
After the huge success of OneDroid for HTC One, I present to you: OneDroid for Nexus 5!

zM7SEn1.jpg

What is OneDroid:

OneDroid is a custom ROM for Nexus 5, based on CyanogenMod. It's always up to date with latest commits directly from CM repos, optimized for best battery life and performance and offers a lot more, like pre-installed Google apps, screen recording, lots of tweaks, etc.

What is the aim of this ROM:

I made this ROM for the following reasons:

1. To provide updates as soon as code gets committed, so that you're always up to date
2. Remove features which aren't necessary, so that you get a ROM which doesn't have a lot of crap in it
3. Fix bugs and optimize the code, so that you get the most stable ROM
4. Add my own features, like custom tweaks, OTA updates and more, so that you get the best experience

Small favor:

Please don't ask for ETAs. I am studying in school (final year, ending in March) so I really can't provide exact release date for a particular build every time, at least not before March. I'll be trying my best to push out stuff as fast as I possibly could, however. I hope you guys enjoy using my ROM!

Features:

Based on latest CM commits, 4.4.2 KOT49H
Unsecured boot.img
Deodexed and Zipaligned
Bloatware free
Pre-rooted with latest Superuser v1.0.2.8
Pre-installed latest Google Apps
Pre-installed latest Xposed
Pre-installed latest Busybox
Fully optimized for battery life and speed (this thing flies!)
Custom init.d and build.prop tweaks related to VM, internet, ext4/mounts and more for smoothness and performance
All latest /system applications
Root Browser as default file manager, Greenify for even more battery life
Inbuilt Flash Player
GPU UI rendering
Most stable CPU governor
Custom kernel with OC support, Button Light Notifications (BLN), lots of wake options (like sweep2wake, sweep2sleep, doubletap2wake), etc
and so much more

Quick Video Review (HTC One) (thanks technostein!)

What people are saying:

absolutly loving your ROM, f*cking amazing job, thanks a thousand times!
- MJFox78
Hi, I have to say your ROM rocks. It is stable, smooth and clean
- beerente
the fast and smooth rom i ever seen on htc one... well done
- azyounes
This rom is ridiculously smooth!!
- coolaidman
I'm a Sense lover, but this Rom it's just amazing, far away best rom for M7 atm. way tooooo much smooth compared to others
- Vesuviano

Changelog:

18/01 - BETA #5

- Merged latest CM commits
- Updated kernel
- Updated Google Apps
- Othr fixes

Previous changelogs:

24/12 - BETA #4

Skipped due to bugs

23/12 - BETA #4

22/12 - BETA #3

- Updated kernel to Chaos v7.2
- Fixed few bugs here and there

21/12 - BETA #2

- Switched kernel to Chaos v7 (fixes random reboots)
- Updated apps
- Miscellaneous fixes

20/12 - BETA #1

- Initial build

What works in this ROM

-> WiFi
-> Camera
-> Bluetooth
-> 2G/3G/LTE
-> Audio/Speakers
-> All sensors
-> Location services
-> All Inbuilt apps
-> Video playback (720/1080p)
-> ART (after odexing)

Screenshots:

E8z8BNql.jpg
2Pc1QgFl.png

Credits:

CyanogenMod
neobuddy89
rovo89 (for Xposed)
elegantthemes.com (for Nexus 5 PSD file)

Source code

CyanogenMod: https://github.com/Cyanogenmod
Kernel: https://github.com/theblixguy/chaos_hammerhead_kernel

Download

Once a particular BETA is reported to be working fine without any major issues then it will be moved to STABLE. If you want a STABLE experience with no major issues then you can download the STABLE build but if you want to try out and test new stuff then you can download BETA builds.

Warning: BETA builds are not guaranteed to work stable and can crash or cause issues and certain things might not work as intended.

STABLE
NOT AVAILABLE

BETA (beta 5, DEODEXED): http://www.mediafire.com/download/h7cvs72vmro95ju/onedroid-hammerhead_signed_011814_204129.zip
Removed Apps (Apollo, Stock browser, etc): http://www.mediafire.com/download/audjazo8igedhde/removed_apps_onedroid.zip

FAQ:

Q. The ROM has two dialer apps, is it a bug or an error?
A. No. The ROM comes with two dialer apps: One is the stock, AOSP dialer app and one is the Google dialer app. The stock dialer app comes without Google's new Caller ID feature so I have supplied Google dialer along with the stock AOSP dialer app, just in case someone wants to use that feature. There is no way to have that feature in stock dialer app since the code for that feature isn't open source.

Q. The video recorded by screen recorder doesn't play at times, what's wrong?
A. Its BETA.

Q. Whenever I am using 4G/LTE, the signal bars don't show any activity, does that mean LTE/4G doesn't work?
A. No, it's a glitch/bug in CM code. When you have turned on LTE/4G and don't see any network indicators, it does not mean 4G/LTE isn't working.

Q. Can I install a particular build on top of another (like, flash BETA 13 over 12) without wiping anything (dirty flash)?
A. Yes

Q. What is the name of the iconpack used in the picture at the top? Also, the wallpaper link please?
A. The iconpack is called ClickUI. Wallpaper here

Last edited:

ssrij

Sep 7, 2013
London
Looks interesting. Gonna take a look at this later.
What do you study?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I live in India so things are a bit different. I study the following subjects: Maths, English, Economics, History, Political Science and Information Practices (similar to Computer Science).

coffeehandle

Apr 21, 2011
Indiana
I live in India so things are a bit different. I study the following subjects: Maths, English, Economics, History, Political Science and Information Practices (similar to Computer Science).

Nevertheless, very great subjects to know. And apparently master ROM developer at night haha

ssrij

Sep 7, 2013
London
Awesome to see another ROM, but isn't it not allowed to include google apps in aosp roms? Just curious because I don't remember that ever changing

There's no clear answer: Some say it's perfectly fine since the ROM is for a certified device, some say it's against Google policies. If Google tells me to remove it, I'll do. Until then, Google Apps will come pre-loaded.

blacknet101

Dec 4, 2010
California
Okay I have re-installed this ROM 3 times already and I don't know if anyone else is having this problem. But I'm getting random reboots even before finishing the setup :( hmm unless it's a MultiRom issue but I hope I can try this one day!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After the huge success of OneDroid for HTC One, I present to you: OneDroid for Nexus 5!

zM7SEn1.jpg

What is OneDroid:

OneDroid is a custom ROM for Nexus 5, based on CyanogenMod. It's always up to date with latest commits directly from CM repos, optimized for best battery life and performance and offers a lot more, like pre-installed Google apps, screen recording, lots of tweaks, etc.

What is the aim of this ROM:

I made this ROM for the following reasons:

1. To provide updates as soon as code gets committed, so that you're always up to date
    2. Remove features which aren't necessary, so that you get a ROM which doesn't have a lot of crap in it
    3. Fix bugs and optimize the code, so that you get the most stable ROM
    4. Add my own features, like custom tweaks, OTA updates and more, so that you get the best experience

Small favor:

Please don't ask for ETAs. I am studying in school (final year, ending in March) so I really can't provide exact release date for a particular build every time, at least not before March. I'll be trying my best to push out stuff as fast as I possibly could, however. I hope you guys enjoy using my ROM!

Features:

Based on latest CM commits, 4.4.2 KOT49H
    Unsecured boot.img
    Deodexed and Zipaligned
    Bloatware free
    Pre-rooted with latest Superuser v1.0.2.8
    Pre-installed latest Google Apps
    Pre-installed latest Xposed
    Pre-installed latest Busybox
    Fully optimized for battery life and speed (this thing flies!)
    Custom init.d and build.prop tweaks related to VM, internet, ext4/mounts and more for smoothness and performance
    All latest /system applications
    Root Browser as default file manager, Greenify for even more battery life
    Inbuilt Flash Player
    GPU UI rendering
    Most stable CPU governor
    Custom kernel with OC support, Button Light Notifications (BLN), lots of wake options (like sweep2wake, sweep2sleep, doubletap2wake), etc
    and so much more

Quick Video Review (HTC One) (thanks technostein!)

What people are saying:

absolutly loving your ROM, f*cking amazing job, thanks a thousand times!
    - MJFox78
    Hi, I have to say your ROM rocks. It is stable, smooth and clean
    - beerente
    the fast and smooth rom i ever seen on htc one... well done
    - azyounes
    This rom is ridiculously smooth!!
    - coolaidman
    I'm a Sense lover, but this Rom it's just amazing, far away best rom for M7 atm. way tooooo much smooth compared to others
    - Vesuviano

Changelog:

18/01 - BETA #5

- Updated kernel
    - Updated Google Apps
    - Othr fixes

Previous changelogs:

24/12 - BETA #4

Skipped due to bugs

23/12 - BETA #4

22/12 - BETA #3

- Updated kernel to Chaos v7.2
    - Fixed few bugs here and there

21/12 - BETA #2

- Switched kernel to Chaos v7 (fixes random reboots)
    - Updated apps
    - Miscellaneous fixes

20/12 - BETA #1

- Initial build

What works in this ROM

-> WiFi
    -> Camera
    -> Bluetooth
    -> 2G/3G/LTE
    -> Audio/Speakers
    -> All sensors
    -> Location services
    -> All Inbuilt apps
    -> Video playback (720/1080p)
    -> ART (after odexing)

Screenshots:

E8z8BNql.jpg
    2Pc1QgFl.png

Credits:

CyanogenMod
    neobuddy89
    rovo89 (for Xposed)
    elegantthemes.com (for Nexus 5 PSD file)

Source code

CyanogenMod: https://github.com/Cyanogenmod
    Kernel: https://github.com/theblixguy/chaos_hammerhead_kernel

Download

Once a particular BETA is reported to be working fine without any major issues then it will be moved to STABLE. If you want a STABLE experience with no major issues then you can download the STABLE build but if you want to try out and test new stuff then you can download BETA builds.

Warning: BETA builds are not guaranteed to work stable and can crash or cause issues and certain things might not work as intended.

STABLE
    NOT AVAILABLE

BETA (beta 5, DEODEXED): http://www.mediafire.com/download/h7cvs72vmro95ju/onedroid-hammerhead_signed_011814_204129.zip
    Removed Apps (Apollo, Stock browser, etc): http://www.mediafire.com/download/audjazo8igedhde/removed_apps_onedroid.zip

FAQ:

Q. The ROM has two dialer apps, is it a bug or an error?
    A. No. The ROM comes with two dialer apps: One is the stock, AOSP dialer app and one is the Google dialer app. The stock dialer app comes without Google's new Caller ID feature so I have supplied Google dialer along with the stock AOSP dialer app, just in case someone wants to use that feature. There is no way to have that feature in stock dialer app since the code for that feature isn't open source.

Q. The video recorded by screen recorder doesn't play at times, what's wrong?
    A. Its BETA.

Q. Whenever I am using 4G/LTE, the signal bars don't show any activity, does that mean LTE/4G doesn't work?
    A. No, it's a glitch/bug in CM code. When you have turned on LTE/4G and don't see any network indicators, it does not mean 4G/LTE isn't working.

Q. Can I install a particular build on top of another (like, flash BETA 13 over 12) without wiping anything (dirty flash)?
    A. Yes

Q. What is the name of the iconpack used in the picture at the top? Also, the wallpaper link please?
    A. The iconpack is called ClickUI. Wallpaper here
    BETA 4 is now available for download
    Finally done with college work, new build coming today!

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    BETA 3 is now available for download
    Changelog in OP
    No. Beta 1. It is running fine with different kernel. I was saying that it did not wipe my internal sdcard.

Alright, I am packing Chaos v7.2 kernel in today's beta build.

EDIT: Uploading