Proximity sensor

Search This thread

Amritttt

Apr 20, 2010
Jalandhar
I have noticed that during a phone call proximity sensor doesn't while to taking i could hear those click sound(touch sound) and after i end call somehow i am in gallery or whatsapp or some other app.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Jejoma

May 10, 2011
I get my calls cut off occasionally. That happened with my previous SIII so I guess it is just a standard problem with proximity sensors - they're not as effective as the manufacturers would have you believe. :)

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

edge3uk

Dec 26, 2010
The proximity sensor turns the screen off when the phones in a normal talking position. If you're led down, it's likely it won't. Try it, move the phone around and put your hand over the sensor.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

stu_tls

Jun 7, 2012
www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk
its not a proximity problem as the screen stays off if it was the sensor the screen would keep lighting up

I have had this problem and posted about it already

I have tried with the double tap to wake feature off to see if it was that but no such luck!!

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

heres the thread I started http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2769679

deep7177

Apr 26, 2011
i also find myself in different places after call, this happens with flap cover closed :(

ikm19

I usually have same problem, I click on power button to turn off the screen and usually it solves the click problem.
Don't know why android phones proximity sensor doesn't works as good as iPhone. Never had that problem in any iPhone and for android it seems all the phone have this problem.

raducanmihai

Aug 24, 2011
Brașov
I also used to have problems with proximity sensor not waking up the screen during a call. It seemed to be completely random: sometimes it happened after only 1 min of talk time, other time after 5 minutes, other time it worked ok even after 20 minutes of talk time. I turned off "double tap to wake up" and I never had any problems since. I'm not sure it's not a coincidence, but it worked so far (10 days).

About the cut off calls:it's not the proximity sensor. For me that happened on any European firmware. I tried the original .55 Vodafone Germany (the one that the phone came with), .55 UK and .402 Germany. It happened randomly on all of them. I tried repair firmware, factory reset, re flash with FlashTool. Nothing worked. The ones that work flawlessly for me are TW firmwares. I tried both .69 TW and currently on .402 TW. No cut off calls, no problems, no overheating in 4K (about 10 minutes recording).

Reactions: joegannon

xarfrost

Mar 16, 2012
Im having the same issue. Hearing ticks/clicks when im on a call and I end up somewhere after a call. I hope Sony fixes this. Temporarily I lock my phone to prevent this problem.

fccr1990

Oct 14, 2014
Mexico
Fixed my Proximity/Ambient light Sensor

Hi, I had this problem since new and I tried installing lots of stock and custom roms (Stock US, Stock SP, Stock TW, Miui, CM11) but it was until I installed EXISTANZ rom, and a hard reboot, and then it magically started working. I knew it wasn't a Hardware issue because when the phone boots it worked for few minutes, then stop reading samples. But I've been with this rom for 3 weeks and I don't have any problem with this (Already installed and update, reset the phone and still working).

So if you have the chance, install this rom.

Last edited:

tibishor

Sep 22, 2008
pitesti
double tap to wake issue

I also used to have problems with proximity sensor not waking up the screen during a call. It seemed to be completely random: sometimes it happened after only 1 min of talk time, other time after 5 minutes, other time it worked ok even after 20 minutes of talk time. I turned off "double tap to wake up" and I never had any problems since. I'm not sure it's not a coincidence, but it worked so far (10 days).

About the cut off calls:it's not the proximity sensor. For me that happened on any European firmware. I tried the original .55 Vodafone Germany (the one that the phone came with), .55 UK and .402 Germany. It happened randomly on all of them. I tried repair firmware, factory reset, re flash with FlashTool. Nothing worked. The ones that work flawlessly for me are TW firmwares. I tried both .69 TW and currently on .402 TW. No cut off calls, no problems, no overheating in 4K (about 10 minutes recording).

Hi ,

I also encountered this issue and i performed a test with and without the "double tap to wake" option.
The result is: without the option activated all is fine but when the "double tap to wake" option is activated and the proximity sensor is covered(screen is black) if you double tap the screen it remains closed. So seems that if you are engaged in a conversation and you miss touch twice the screen, it will remain closed.

20545ZR16

Oct 2, 2010
Hi all,
First sorry from bringing an old thread.
I am an owner of two black d6502 xperia z2
One of them is running perfectly, the other suffers from the same behaviour the op describe.
When handling a call, the proximity sensor works fine, it is making the screen black but it is NOT LOCKING the menu, I.e the screen is black but you can swipe the status bar down and enter different menu while the proximity sensor is keeping the screen black.
My second xperia z2 behave normally, when handling call, proximity sensor turn the screen black and locks the menu, if i swipe on the screen the software ain't responsive.
Was anyone successful to fix this issue?

Elie.

matadorrr

May 29, 2008
Xiaomi Poco F1
It's simple hardware problem... you have to remove back cover, find connector of proximity sensor, remove it and put again, press hard and it will work...

for long time I've had that issue, but until I ordered new sensor tried to do that trick and it helped :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Don't know why android phones proximity sensor doesn't works as good as iPhone. Never had that problem in any iPhone and for android it seems all the phone have this problem.

never had this problem on my HTC one X

and I have never heard of the problem on other phones either!!