Enable Infinite Scrolling on Stock TouchWiz Launcher

Search This thread

wahoofan5

Feb 15, 2011
Let me preface this by saying that this might belong under Development, but I was unable to post it there (mods, feel free to move it). This is the same method I used to enable infinite scrolling on my other phones (S3, Note 2), as for some reason Verizon disables this quite useful feature. I haven't seen this posted before, but as I said before, the same method works for enabling infinite scrolling on phones such as the S3, Note 2. This enables continuous/infinite scrolling throughout your home screens and in the app drawer. Please hit thanks if this helped you.

First, you need root access and a file manager (I use Root Explorer, as I've found it works the best consistently)

-Open up your file manager, in this case it's Root Explorer
-Enable R/W at the top (cannot be R/O)
-Go to /system/csc/feature.xml (hold down on feature.xml and open in text editor)
-Scroll down to the end (on my phone, the line we are looking for was the third or fourth from the bottom)
-Find the line that looks like this:

<Cscfeature_Launcher_DisabledPageRotation>true</

-Change "true" to "false" (without quotes). It should now read:

<Cscfeature_Launcher_DisabledPageRotation>false</

-Save changes and reboot
-Profit

I didn't discover this original method; I simply discovered that it works on the S4. Enjoy!

Last edited:

oneandroidnut

Jun 5, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Thanks worked perfectly! My stock rooted with Wi-Fi toggle and Wi-Fi notification removed is running pretty nice now thanks to this which was a big concern too!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Menashe04

Dec 22, 2010
I'm trying to do this, but it doesn't stay. When I make save and exit, I went back in and its back to true. Any idea why?

wahoofan5

Feb 15, 2011
That's strange that it didn't stay when you saved it. You have full root and R/W access?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

countryashell

Apr 19, 2012
Opelika, Alabama
Worked like a charm. Didn't know it changed the app drawer too. Perfect!! Was wondering how to do this without a custom rom. Thanks!!

Sent from my rooted Verizon Galaxy S4

Last edited:

DraconicSeed

Aug 9, 2013
Just out of curiosity, what is the advantage to infinite scrolling? It seems to be something that every Dev has put in their custom roms.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let me preface this by saying that this might belong under Development, but I was unable to post it there (mods, feel free to move it). This is the same method I used to enable infinite scrolling on my other phones (S3, Note 2), as for some reason Verizon disables this quite useful feature. I haven't seen this posted before, but as I said before, the same method works for enabling infinite scrolling on phones such as the S3, Note 2. This enables continuous/infinite scrolling throughout your home screens and in the app drawer. Please hit thanks if this helped you.

First, you need root access and a file manager (I use Root Explorer, as I've found it works the best consistently)

-Open up your file manager, in this case it's Root Explorer
    -Enable R/W at the top (cannot be R/O)
    -Go to /system/csc/feature.xml (hold down on feature.xml and open in text editor)
    -Scroll down to the end (on my phone, the line we are looking for was the third or fourth from the bottom)
    -Find the line that looks like this:

<Cscfeature_Launcher_DisabledPageRotation>true</

-Change "true" to "false" (without quotes). It should now read:

<Cscfeature_Launcher_DisabledPageRotation>false</

-Save changes and reboot
    -Profit

I didn't discover this original method; I simply discovered that it works on the S4. Enjoy!
    Sweet! Finally something that should have been stock. Don't understand why verizon disable this