[Rom][US_Carriers_Pie_DSF6_Note 8U/U1[Non-Rooted_SafeStrap _Method]

Search This thread

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Note 8 V5 Bootloaders If Not Already On Safestrap Follow My EDL Pie Safestrap Method

Please Note This Is Not A Root Method For Oreo Or Pie. As Of Now There Is Still No Root Method For Oreo Or Pie​
This Takes Some Patience To Install​

N8 SM-N955U/U1/W Install Instructions And Files

Download

SM_N950_DSF6_SYSTEM.rar Latest Build

Install Instructions Safestrap Method

Make Sure The Latest Samsung Drivers Are Installed. They Can Be Found Here

1. Copy ****_SYSTEM.img to your internal sdcard. Reboot to download mode and in BL slot in Odin flash Use The BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_N950U_V5.tar.md5 and reboot to safestrap

2. In Safestrap choose install then choose select storage and select internal storage click ok then at bottom choose install image and choose ****_SYSTEM.img then select flash to system image then swype to flash

3. Now chose zip and flash Safestrap-4.10-B03-GREATQLTE-PIE.zip

4. To leave safestrap reboot to download mode

5. In odin load BL_N950USQU5****tar.md5 in BL slot and flash

To Enter And Exit Safestrap After Intitial Install

1. To enter safetrap flash the BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_N950U_V5.tar.md5 in BL Slot in odin phone will boot too safestrap sometimes it may take a minute to do so

2. To leave safestrap reboot to bootloader or download still does not work so you still need to manually reboot to bootloader

3. Use modded Odin and load BL_N950USQU5****tar.md5 In BL Slot

Helpful Key Combos

Recovery Mode
Bixby + Volume Up + Power @ Same time

Download Mode
Bixby + Volume Down + Power @ Same time

Safe Mode
Phone Powered Off
Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.
When “SAMSUNG” appears on the screen, release the Power key.
Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

Maintenance Mode
Press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons for approximately 10

Bugs:

DO NOT USE ENCRYPTION
Safestrap rom slots do not work
Safestrap might not read larger than 64gig sd cards on some cards
Formating data in safestrap may cause reboot so make sure to format data very last thing

What Is Safestrap

Safestrap is a Bootstrap / Recovery for locked bootloader phones. Safestrap is now based on TWRP Recovery (a touch based recovery) and you can perform .zip installs, backups and restores here.
View attachment 4531040View attachment 4531041View attachment 4531042View attachment 4531043View attachment 4531044View attachment 4531045

Credits:
- @Raymonf for modified odin
- @afaneh92 for safestrap Main Thread Here Consider a donation to him he worked along time on this Donation Link
- @me2151 for finding this method
- @tytydraco for some instructions
- @mweinbach for some instructions
- @Craz Basics for xposed on non rooted
- @partcyborg for finding the root method!
- @elliwigy for being great help and original S8 root
- @rayan-refoua for boot animation
- @SamGuy2020 for testing S8 install method

Last edited:

Eudeferrer

Aug 27, 2012
Miami
80 percent is only on rooted nougat. Pie is unrooted and battery will charge to 100 percent

Sent using some kind of device I modified
Magisk just tweeted that the "world's first true system-as-root" was just created. Do you think that with this we could achieve root for Pie? Or would this not change anything?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Magisk just tweeted that the "world's first true system-as-root" was just created. Do you think that with this we could achieve root for Pie? Or would this not change anything?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL

All that a and b partition stuff reefers to phones that were released with pie. Our phone is still old school no treble support.

purpleuser

Jan 16, 2018
also if I were to want to revert to the rooted nougat ROM, do I have to follow all the steps on the rooting guide or could I just flash an image through safestrap?

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
also if I were to want to revert to the rooted nougat ROM, do I have to follow all the steps on the rooting guide or could I just flash an image through safestrap?

you can just flash image in safestrap and then flash the safestrap for nougat zip in post 2 (or its included in the new DSF6 build) after you flash the nougat system image in safestrap to get back to nougat safestrap. If you fail to flash the safestrap zip for nougat your phone will automatically boot to safestrap on every reboot on a nougat rom.

purpleuser

Jan 16, 2018
you can just flash image in safestrap and then flash the safestrap for nougat zip in post 2 (or its included in the new DSF6 build) after you flash the nougat system image in safestrap to get back to nougat safestrap. If you fail to flash the safestrap zip for nougat your phone will automatically boot to safestrap on every reboot on a nougat rom.

Thanks for answering my question. I'm new to all of this, so I appreciate the guidance.

Another question. Would I brick my phone if I tried to flash a ROM image with a v3 bootloader through safestrap?

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Thanks for answering my question. I'm new to all of this, so I appreciate the guidance.

Another question. Would I brick my phone if I tried to flash a ROM image with a v3 bootloader through safestrap?

You can flash a system image from v3 firmware but must remain on v5 boot and recovery images and bootloaders and modems

Reactions: purpleuser

vman00

Aug 14, 2010
Nice this ROM just goes over the Nougat image with all my settings and apps intact. Even the pay apps are working (probably because no root). Now I just need to find a way to flash Viperaudio drivers then I'm all set.

vman00

Aug 14, 2010
Hey, is it alright to do an update for June Security Patch? It's changing my build number to N950USQS / N950UOYN - DSF3.

BotsOne

Apr 3, 2011
Colorado Springs
Nice this ROM just goes over the Nougat image with all my settings and apps intact. Even the pay apps are working (probably because no root). Now I just need to find a way to flash Viperaudio drivers then I'm all set.

I've tried to flash a few different viper zips in safestrap to no avail. The driver would not load. I was told that root is needed to actually "load" the drivers, even if you install them via safestrap. I'm not sure this is true though because if it was, the viper app would ask for root privs, wouldn't it? Anyways, if you make any progress let me know I need that viper in my life.

vman00

Aug 14, 2010
I've tried to flash a few different viper zips in safestrap to no avail. The driver would not load. I was told that root is needed to actually "load" the drivers, even if you install them via safestrap. I'm not sure this is true though because if it was, the viper app would ask for root privs, wouldn't it? Anyways, if you make any progress let me know I need that viper in my life.

might as well wait for rootless

https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-viper4android-fx-2-6-0-0-t3774651

DroidisLINUX

May 28, 2013

You should be able to change the permissions for the files themselves with safestrap you can change file permissions if it allows us read write to system then you could try making an init script to load in on boot with rooted permissions to load the viperaudio like an init.d
Vipermod start service this is just off of the top of my head but I will look into more this weekend when I got some time to test out the new rom and safestrap

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Viper will not work without root because it needs to execute a script at startup and no scripts will execute on a stock system. There were or maybe are rootless version but they still needed a permissive kernel to work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note 8 V5 Bootloaders If Not Already On Safestrap Follow My EDL Pie Safestrap Method

Please Note This Is Not A Root Method For Oreo Or Pie. As Of Now There Is Still No Root Method For Oreo Or Pie​
    This Takes Some Patience To Install​

N8 SM-N955U/U1/W Install Instructions And Files

Download

SM_N950_DSF6_SYSTEM.rar Latest Build

Install Instructions Safestrap Method

Make Sure The Latest Samsung Drivers Are Installed. They Can Be Found Here

1. Copy ****_SYSTEM.img to your internal sdcard. Reboot to download mode and in BL slot in Odin flash Use The BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_N950U_V5.tar.md5 and reboot to safestrap

2. In Safestrap choose install then choose select storage and select internal storage click ok then at bottom choose install image and choose ****_SYSTEM.img then select flash to system image then swype to flash

3. Now chose zip and flash Safestrap-4.10-B03-GREATQLTE-PIE.zip

4. To leave safestrap reboot to download mode

5. In odin load BL_N950USQU5****tar.md5 in BL slot and flash

To Enter And Exit Safestrap After Intitial Install

1. To enter safetrap flash the BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_N950U_V5.tar.md5 in BL Slot in odin phone will boot too safestrap sometimes it may take a minute to do so

2. To leave safestrap reboot to bootloader or download still does not work so you still need to manually reboot to bootloader

3. Use modded Odin and load BL_N950USQU5****tar.md5 In BL Slot

Helpful Key Combos

Recovery Mode
    Bixby + Volume Up + Power @ Same time

Download Mode
    Bixby + Volume Down + Power @ Same time

Safe Mode
    Phone Powered Off
    Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.
    When “SAMSUNG” appears on the screen, release the Power key.
    Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

Maintenance Mode
    Press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons for approximately 10

Bugs:

DO NOT USE ENCRYPTION
    Safestrap rom slots do not work
    Safestrap might not read larger than 64gig sd cards on some cards
    Formating data in safestrap may cause reboot so make sure to format data very last thing

What Is Safestrap

Safestrap is a Bootstrap / Recovery for locked bootloader phones. Safestrap is now based on TWRP Recovery (a touch based recovery) and you can perform .zip installs, backups and restores here.
    View attachment 4531040View attachment 4531041View attachment 4531042View attachment 4531043View attachment 4531044View attachment 4531045

Credits:
    - @Raymonf for modified odin
    - @afaneh92 for safestrap Main Thread Here Consider a donation to him he worked along time on this Donation Link
    - @me2151 for finding this method
    - @tytydraco for some instructions
    - @mweinbach for some instructions
    - @Craz Basics for xposed on non rooted
    - @partcyborg for finding the root method!
    - @elliwigy for being great help and original S8 root
    - @rayan-refoua for boot animation
    - @SamGuy2020 for testing S8 install method
    Viper will not work without root because it needs to execute a script at startup and no scripts will execute on a stock system. There were or maybe are rootless version but they still needed a permissive kernel to work

You can flash a system image from v3 firmware but must remain on v5 boot and recovery images and bootloaders and modems

If the SM-N950U is supported on this rom, would it be possible to modify title to say "SM-N950U" or have N950U in the title? Most of the roms for the N950U have the N950U tag and I was unable to find this thread using N950U, but found from another thread. Not that it matters much, but would like for people on Google to find this thread as well so all of our Note 8 friends can experience Pie.