Kitkat is finally rolling

Search This thread

SWFlyerUK

Nov 9, 2010
Fantastic news, but if the rumours are true about the new features not being included, I can see why retention rates are so low with Sony devices.

Obviously by not back porting new features, it's their way of encouraging sales of new devices.

Not that I'm complaining about KitKat though :)

krabappel2548

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2011
Lommel
Fantastic news, but if the rumours are true about the new features not being included, I can see why retention rates are so low with Sony devices.

Obviously by not back porting new features, it's their way of encouraging sales of new devices.

Not that I'm complaining about KitKat though :)

If you think a bit you know why they aren't included (yet). After Z2 release we might get them, before Z2 release? No that wouldn't be a good marketing strategy for Z2.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

royalva

Aug 30, 2012
Hurray

I am so happy its coming :highfive::good:.... this is one of the primary reason I bought the phone from manufacturer, so we can get the update. Rather than wait for AT&T to roll out or not roll out. Obviously this one wasnt with any manuf anyways.

I just connected my C6806 to PC companion to check ... no update yet, it might be available later in the day for this model.

SWFlyerUK

Nov 9, 2010
Official changelog from the Sony website:

Introducing Android 4.4.2 KitKat with many new features and enhancements
Updated Camera application and overall tuning to improve the camera experience
Enhanced email app
Stability, performance & battery improvements

TimeTurn

Dec 5, 2010
Berlin
SUS is downloading 972 MB right now - the 136 version was something around 880 MB. Hmmmm. I flashed my self-created 257 Europe LTE a few minutes ago to see if that one is getting the update. Germany LTE 136 was only loading itself again and again via SUS.

Lightbird

Dec 28, 2013
confirming german update

Version: 14.3.A.0.681

Attachments

• Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 355

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @avetny grab new kernel here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2687549

[GUIDE][Kernel]ROOT 14.3.A.0.681

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
    Everything feels alot more fluid, more so than it was on 4.3 and I'm pleased to say the old 4.2 touch screen sound is back lol

I like the new phone lock/unlock sound too.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png
    hmm

-Try to open message/or phone and press home. (do it faster), look how animation are lags. I confirm that.
    -Volume settings take almost 4 sec to open. I confirm that
    -That live wallpaper is not optimized not as we expect. It gives time to time lags. I confirm that
    -Benchmarking results are down. I confirm that. (quadro shows 17000 instead 22000)
    -Something with wallpapers (the first fraction of a second appears orange wallpaper lol than it change to my....after first lock/unlock it will show you blackness for a sec)
    - I didn't find ART in dev menu.
    -Etc.

So after 5 hours of testing (C6833 ftf on my C6802) I just flashed back to 4.3 and I want to tell you 4.3 is faster than ever compare to 4.4
    (I think that's why HongKong didn't want to update C6802)

So I hope I help to answer some question for people who looking negative side of kitkat
    A little bit disappointed...

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app