[HOW TO] Replace initial splash screen (logo) on Huawei P7

Search This thread

Ziolek67

Sep 21, 2014
Moon
If somebody want to replace provider/operator/or any other splash screen on Huawei device just do as follow:

Root required

First way:
  1. Install Adb and Fastboot
  2. Download this utility to ADB folder on PC
  3. By Windows CMD go to ADB folder and use this commands:
    (observe phone and make appropriate permissions if needed)
    • adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/platform/hi_mci.0/by-name/oeminfo of=/sdcard/oeminfo"
    • adb pull /sdcard/oeminfo oeminfo
  4. Make copy original oeminfo file
  5. Download stock HW splash (logo) or make your own picture *.bmp. Bitmap resolution should match your device resolution (1080x1920 pixels). Put it to ADB folder.
  6. In ADB folder use commands:
    • oem_logo.exe oeminfo logo.bmp
    • adb push oeminfo /sdcard/oeminfo
    • adb shell su -c "dd if=/sdcard/oeminfo of=/dev/block/platform/hi_mci.0/by-name/oeminfo"
    • adb rm -f /sdcard/oeminfo
  7. Reboot
More options described here.

Second way:
  1. Download this (translated bye me) utility
  2. Unzip and use it

Additionally:
  • If you want to use Huawei stock splash screen you can install this file by custom recovery. It replace any splash screen you have installed by original HW.
  • Off course you can use this script to installing your own logo. Just replace file \dev\block\platform\hi_mci.0\by-name\oeminfo in downloaded zip by your own file created accordingly to above first method (by oem_logo.exe).

All credits to:
Kostyan_nsk
wistonbogarde
For my just click thanks :)

Notice !
Everything you are doing on your own RISK !

Last edited:

Z!L0G80

Sep 22, 2007
CPU
Are you sure? I'dont think so. At least, I was unable to find IMEI there. And it would be too easy to change IMEI if it could be in oeminfo partition...

imei is crypted by aes key, oeminfo probably contain some other phone related information I DONT RECOMENDED TO FLASH THIS < YOU CAN PROBABLY BRICK YOUR PHONE

Last edited:

Printusrzero

Dec 4, 2014
San Sebastian
hi Kostyan_nsk and z!log80 !
I have recently flashed oeminfo.img without isssues (thanks again Kostyan_nsk)
I wanted to give it a try and ask please Kostyan_nsk or z!log80 for a brief explanation about how oem_logo.exe performs the bitmap replacement. Is it possible to mount oeminfo.img browse its file system and replace a particular file, or is it by searching bitmap signature, …?
Thanks Ziolek67 for starting this thread :laugh:

Last edited:

Z!L0G80

Sep 22, 2007
CPU
I wanted to give it a try and ask please Kostyan_nsk or z!log80 for a brief explanation about how oem_logo.exe performs the bitmap replacement. Is it possible to mount oeminfo.img browse its file system and replace a particular file, or is it by searching bitmap signature, …?

do you have same imei as before ? oeminfo doesnt contain filesystem - no mount

Reactions: Printusrzero

Printusrzero

Dec 4, 2014
San Sebastian
yes, same as before
if no file system or mount then I guest search for a pattern or dedicated tool to package... I have been trying to find further more precise information about oeminfo.img but had not found much so far. I would appreciate if you can contribute to make this a bit clearer for me
thanks
[Edited]
After a bit of research I have found other mods for factory device location, etc. writing to particular offsets, tools to modify, backup and restore oeminfo.img. It is a data store. No embedded code. Thnx!

Last edited:

Kostyan_nsk

Nov 12, 2014
Ulan-Ude
imei is crypted by aes key, oeminfo probably contain some other phone related information I DONT RECOMENDED TO FLASH THIS < YOU CAN PROBABLY BRICK YOUR PHONE
I flashed whole oeminfo partition from other device and my IMEI stayed the same. As I supposed, it's somewhere else, but not in oeminfo partition. You are wrong.

Falcon1

Dec 20, 2011
You must NOT be alarm

I flashed whole oeminfo partition from other device and my IMEI stayed the same. As I supposed, it's somewhere else, but not in oeminfo partition. You are wrong.

Do not worry, I also used HW-OEM_LOGO.ZIP to change the booting logo for the original one, and my IMEI is the same as I bought it in the store, so do not be alarmed !!!!:laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If somebody want to replace provider/operator/or any other splash screen on Huawei device just do as follow:

Root required

First way:
    1. Install Adb and Fastboot
    2. Download this utility to ADB folder on PC
    3. By Windows CMD go to ADB folder and use this commands:
      (observe phone and make appropriate permissions if needed)
      • adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/platform/hi_mci.0/by-name/oeminfo of=/sdcard/oeminfo"
      • adb pull /sdcard/oeminfo oeminfo
    4. Make copy original oeminfo file
    5. Download stock HW splash (logo) or make your own picture *.bmp. Bitmap resolution should match your device resolution (1080x1920 pixels). Put it to ADB folder.
    6. In ADB folder use commands:
      • oem_logo.exe oeminfo logo.bmp
      • adb push oeminfo /sdcard/oeminfo
      • adb shell su -c "dd if=/sdcard/oeminfo of=/dev/block/platform/hi_mci.0/by-name/oeminfo"
      • adb rm -f /sdcard/oeminfo
    7. Reboot
    More options described here.

Second way:
    1. Download this (translated bye me) utility
    2. Unzip and use it

Additionally:
    • If you want to use Huawei stock splash screen you can install this file by custom recovery. It replace any splash screen you have installed by original HW.
    • Off course you can use this script to installing your own logo. Just replace file \dev\block\platform\hi_mci.0\by-name\oeminfo in downloaded zip by your own file created accordingly to above first method (by oem_logo.exe).

All credits to:
    Kostyan_nsk
    wistonbogarde
    For my just click thanks :)

Notice !
    Everything you are doing on your own RISK !

do you have same imei as before ? oeminfo doesnt contain filesystem - no mount