• april

Votes: 326 46.6%
  • May

Votes: 247 35.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

blackcodetech

Jan 26, 2013
This thread was created to consolidate the discussion in order to keep the forum clean.

* Discussion here is limited to the 5.0 (Lollipop) version of Android in regards to the LG G2 phone. This includes news, impressions, reviews, opinions (respectful, and within reason), bugs, tips/tricks, instructions, hacks, feedback, etc.

* There will be absolutely no flaming, arguing, trolling or off topic discussion in this thread. Anyone ignoring this warning will be addressed accordingly.

* Lay off the speculation and rumors, please. If you have news or information to share, provide a link or keep it to yourself.

* If it does not directly relate to Android 5.0 (Lolipop) or the LG G2, it is off topic and does not belong here.

Last edited:

slowdyve

Apr 1, 2012
Porto
I hope they don't hijack this thread like they did with the other one. There is a topic in verizon forum and yet they still spam the topic in g2 general forum. Most people don't care...

Most Downloaded LG G2 firmware:

Verizon: 1500 downloads
D802 (hong kong): 76374 downloads
D802 (China): 45690 downloads
D802 Europe: 21225 downloads

Last edited:

natalya

Jul 24, 2012
Correct me if I am wrong, but D802 received KitKat during the first week of March last year.

Despite that, I doubt D802 will get it officially this month. I say official ota update in April but possible leak some time this month.

Reactions: 3r4s3r

vPro97

Oct 22, 2013
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy S6
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Correct me if I am wrong, but D802 received KitKat during the first week of March last year.

Despite that, I doubt D802 will get it officially this month. I say official ota update in April but possible leak some time this month.

29th March for Nordic countries. I remember it because I was in immunology lab when I checked the update via CSMG link and rushed to grab my computer and download it ;)

I agree with your thoughts. Even April isn't bad tbh, phone is working fine on KK.

Reactions: talvigi

natalya

Jul 24, 2012
29th March for Nordic countries. I remember it because I was in immunology lab when I checked the update via CSMG link and rushed to grab my computer and download it ;)

I agree with your thoughts. Even April isn't bad tbh, phone is working fine on KK.

Same with G3 here in Denmark. It also took some time before LP arrived in DK compared to other countries.

I did not have a G2 back then but I assumed it from looking at this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2680114

Source codes posted around 13th March and those are usually released about a week after ota ;)

blackcodetech

Jan 26, 2013
d802 v30A coming soon...

Lollipop ready for d802 we are waiting release :angel:

OldVersion: LGD802AT-V20d-262-02-MAY-23-2014, NewVersion: LGD802AT-V30a-262-02-FEB-28-2015+0

This file tree from v30a d802
set_meta 0 0 0755 u:eek:bject_r:system_file:s0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 /system/priv-app
set_meta 0 0 0755 u:eek:bject_r:system_file:s0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 /system/priv-app/BackupRestoreConfirmation
set_meta 0 0 0644 u:eek:bject_r:system_file:s0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 /system/priv-app/BackupRestoreConfirmation/BackupRestoreConfirmation.apk
set_meta 0 0 0755 u:eek:bject_r:system_file:s0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 /system/priv-app/BackupRestoreConfirmation/arm

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
I hope they don't hijack this thread like they did with the other one. There is a topic in verizon forum and yet they still spam the topic in g2 general forum. Most people don't care...

It is because the Forums are screwed up. There shouldn't be separate General forums for every variant. Thats stupid when the G2s are all alike. What should have happened is when the Verizon lollipop leak came out, it should have been moved to its own thread specifically for it.

Anyway. Rooting is the last hurdle with Lollipop and the G2s. Seems the G3s aren't rootable either without flashing to a lower firmware or something.

Reactions: pinkfloyd3

blackcodetech

Jan 26, 2013
i wish i could belive you if you want be more credible you need to give us some proof or evidence.

You are right:good: for example this file f320s 30F update file if you have f320s you can try update with this giude or you can open notepad ++ and read some code. I download d802 file like this.

F320s-30f-Ota-Update
zip file : 5,01 MB (5.261.624 bayt)
you must extract zip file
original file : 105 MB (110.418.656 bayt)

Lollipop has been found on VZW servers thanks to JackpotClavin. We don't know when the official LP OTA will officially happen, so here's a the manual way to do it.

The original guide was created by the awesome developer xdabbeb who figured out how to do the manual ota. I will try to go into as much detail as possible to make this possible for anybody who wants to do this with Lollipop on the vs980.

Step #1: Restore to 27a KDZ. Go here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

Step #2: Use Stump to obtain root. Go here:
http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/orig-development/root-stump-root-lg-g3-sprint-verizon-t2850906

Step #3: Download updates to phone:
***27A_TO_28A.bin:
https://pvzwmdmcdn.vzw.motive.com/firmware/LG_VS980_27A_TO_28A.bin

***28A_TO_39A.bin:
https://pvzwmdmcdn.vzw.motive.com/firmware/LG_VS980_28A_TO_39A.bin

Step #4: Download Root Explorer from Play Store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.root.browserfree&hl=en

Step #5: Open Root Explorer and copy LG_VS980_27A_TO_28A.bin to /cache/fota/ and rename it extact to "dlpkgfile" without the .bin extension.

Step #6: With Root Explorer give all permissions to dlpkgfile.

Step #7: With Root Explorer make sure the folder "recovery" exists in /cache/recovery. Give all permissions also and create folder if its not there.

Step #8: Download ADB-Tools.zip and place ADB folder in your C:/ directory.
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934537040

Step #9: Press the Windows search function and type in "cmd" and open cmd.exe and type c:\adb

Step #10: Enable USB developer mode and plug USB cable to computer and use ethernet mode.

Step #11: In cmd type: adb shell
***Then type su
***Then copy and paste code and press enter after each one:

Code:
echo "--update_package=/cache/fota/dlpkgfile" > /cache/recovery/command

Code:
am start -n com.lge.lgfota.permission/com.lge.lgfota.permission.DmcEzUpdateStart

Phone should then shut down and start OTA process.

Step #12: Go to step #5 and repeat process extactly with "LG_VS980_28A_TO_39A.bin"

ENJOY LOLLIPOP!!!!!

Screenshot_2015-03-04-08-09-02.png

Last edited:
Reactions: lovec 1990

Megaroad

Mar 24, 2013
You are right:good: for example this file f320s 30F update file if you have f320s you can try update with this giude or you can open notepad ++ and read some code. I download d802 file like this.

F320s-30f-Ota-Update
zip file : 5,01 MB (5.261.624 bayt)
you must extract zip file
original file : 105 MB (110.418.656 bayt)

Jesus Christ, the other thread has already been taken over by 40 pages of ROM trouble-shooting...do you have to bring that here too? Is it impossible for there to be a thread for people who are interested in news/rumors about the official release?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flashable zip ryt?
    Nd actually i hd replaced the framework_res.apk that some1 had made nd replaced it....so.it it okay on dat if i flash this zip? @3ig

Dude, could you please take the time to write actual words? Your abbreviations are making my eyes hurt. Trust me, writing like an illiterate gangsta' won't make you seem cooler. So please, drop the Indian gangsta' style and write proper English words. Please!
    This thread was created to consolidate the discussion in order to keep the forum clean.

* Discussion here is limited to the 5.0 (Lollipop) version of Android in regards to the LG G2 phone. This includes news, impressions, reviews, opinions (respectful, and within reason), bugs, tips/tricks, instructions, hacks, feedback, etc.

* There will be absolutely no flaming, arguing, trolling or off topic discussion in this thread. Anyone ignoring this warning will be addressed accordingly.

* Lay off the speculation and rumors, please. If you have news or information to share, provide a link or keep it to yourself.

* If it does not directly relate to Android 5.0 (Lolipop) or the LG G2, it is off topic and does not belong here.
    Yesterday, I went to LG service center to repair my G2's screen (which is warranty). Just got time to post this

When I went there, first question that their representative asked me is "Did you get lollipop update ?"

Its already been uploaded to servers and you will get it soon !!

so still it means we'll get update very soon !! :D

(I am from India)
    Small Flashing Tutorial -

After doing this you`ll have NO ERRORS! I`m always doing like that,and everything is OK!!
    You need to have drivers and LG Support Tool Installed!

1. Backup your data : Setings/LG Backup (and backup what you need)
    2. Copy the backup from Internal Storage/LgBackUp to PC!
    3.Download the KDZ you want to flash : Google IT! or try here : http://devtester.ro/projects/lg-firmwares-download.php
    4. Open LgFlashTool 2014 , Add the firmaware you want to Flash. (let all settings as they are-do not modify anything)(The settings must be like that: Select Type : CDMA / Phone Mode : DIAG / Reset Time : 33000)
    5. Always flash the KDZ using CSE FLASH. (put the phone in Download mode) and hit START on LgFlash Tool.
    6. After everything is done,plug your phone to pc,and copy back the backup to LGBackup from your Internal Storage and restore your data!
    And that`s it! Your done!! No errors!

After that, root it using : http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/general/guide-root-lg-firmwares-kitkat-lollipop-t3056951 and https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=b007.autorec2

If you want to debloat it a little bit you can do it like that : Delete files under :

1. System/app >>
    Books,Drive,Hangouts,LGNotebook,LGSearchWidgetProvider,Newsstand,PlayGames,PlusOne,talkback,Videos.
    2.System/apps/bootup >> you can delete everything from here,except LGTaskManager!
    3.System/Preload >> Delete everything
    4.System/priv-app >>
    LGCb,LGClockWidget,LGEmail,LGFavoriteContactsWidget,LGLiveWallpapersPicker,LGLW_MultiPhoto,LGRCSServices,LGRemoteCall,LGTasks,LGVideoEditor,MLT.
    5.System/vendor/carrier/system >> Detele everything!

Info provided JUST for D802!!!
    Hope this help you all!