Let's talk about chinese version Note10+ 5G

Search This thread

FRBonvoyage

Feb 25, 2019
Hi there,

As a Samsung China fan, I know a lot about chinese version Samsung phones ; however I live in France so I also know a lot about the most common version of Samsung phones which are the international variants.
So, let's talk about chinese version Note10+ which has some pretty cool features that we can find nowhere else (btw I will get one in december when I go back to China so this thread is only about specs)

In China, Samsung only provides Note10+ 5G version, the model number is SM-N9760 which is a snapdragon variant. You may think that it is just the same as US version Note10+ 5G with a different software, but it is not exactly the case :

First thing is 9760 is the only Note10+ 5G in the world with dual sim card support. Second is that since Galaxy S10 series, Samsung flagships sold in China are the only in the world that support L1+L5 dualband GPS and 9760 is no exception.

In the box, Samsung provides a transparent case and a 6-month screen replacement reduction (only usable in china)

On software side, 9760 is also different from international version as the CSC it runs (CHC) has many features you may want to use even elsewhere than in China ; let me talk about the new additionnal features on 9760 (I will make another post about the CHC software improvements later) :

Bixby gets a new function exclusive to China that is Bixby Touch (but I have to test it to know if it only works in Chinese or if it is available in other languages) : you just have to long press on any screen to get shortcuts to related apps or services : for example, if someone send you a message with an address, a long press will let you open the maps app directly from there without having to copy/paste or doing any other action.

Samsung Pay gets a new smart door card function, which can let user access their building with just their smartphone.

Of course, it has all the other features from CHC rom that I'll detail on a later post.

And for those who want to know about the occidental services that are also supported, I also have the answer :
Google Play services are preinstalled ; by default, they're not activated but to get Google apps, you just need to download a play store apk and it will work just fine.
Instagram mode works : I tried it on a smaller version Note 10 in China, you just have to install Instagram and clear camera data and it will work just as on international version.
You get your local Galaxy Store because the phone region is defined by your sim card.

However, some features won't work or not completely : for example, Samsung Health will only sync if you have a chinese samsung account and you won't be able to compete with people using non-chinese Samsung Health app
I do NOT know if Samsung Pay works with non chinese cards but I will try it when I get 9760.
You cannot get the "Secure Wifi" feature as well as international version of smart call.
Finally there is no ROM you can flash because 9760 is actually a Chinese-exclusive variant (but that may change if Taiwan gets 5G model)

Personnally I think Chinese Note10+ 5G is the best variant you can find ;
Snapdragon 855, L1+L5 dual-band GPS, Dual-SIM, some cool exclusive features and the ability to use all the features we already use and love... for a cheaper price tag as it is sold in China cheaper than 4G variants in Europe...

Reactions: Smartphoner

xIf22raptorIx

Jan 16, 2015
Lyon
Hello, also from France and currently in China I have bought the sm-n9760 in a Samsung shop in Shanghai. So I'm able to answer/confirm some infos there.

First, yes it comes with Google services pre installed, under a VPN I transfered through smart switch my data's and so on (containing my needed VPN apk) on this phone and then added through settings Samsung and Google accounts (while connected to my VPN). Google chrome and calendar couldn't be transfered by smart switch and play store wasn't installed. Downloaded play store apk with Firefox. All worked fine and then I used the play store to install chrome and agenda, all syncing and working without flaw.

Yes it is 5g dual SIM and less expensive than other variants at least the the European ones (paid 7999 RMB = 1040 euros and got a free jbl Bluetooth speaker sold normally at 800 RMB = 104 €)

It has bixby touch as said and it works in your language set in your settings. French for me then.

It does come with a well made silicone case and a factory applied plastic screen protector.

I can also confirm for the 6 month screen replacement and the whole warranty is valid in mainland China only. So if you have any problem not concerning the screen make it repaired in your country and for the screen ship to China. (Advice from the Samsung employee in the shop).

There is a setting about the smart building function but haven't tried it out. Also the Samsung employee told me that Samsung pay will only work with Chinese card. Considering that they use a different card system (not Visa or MasterCard but union pay which exists only in China) I assume it is true.

I don't use Instagram so no info on that.

I have been able to uninstall every Chinese pre installed apps just like I uninstall any app without problem.

No info on Samsung health for now. I'm still in China and don't compete with others. Back in France in a week so more infos later.

I'll give a look for the GPS on the spec sheet on Samsung website for this maybe.

Their 5g version support band that is intended for the French market (3500 MHz). But well no real deployed 5g in France before 2022. For now 350 antennas deployed in France by all operators (including 300 by one only) whereas in China, China mobile alone have deployed 200 000 and is just starting it's network. Also China mobile offered me 100 GB on 5g just to try. Thanks to them as I just paid a 100 RMB (13 €) prepaid sim card for 2 months.

I also have an "hongbao accelerator" as setting option but haven't gave a look yet.

If you have any question don't hesitate I'll do my best to answer.

Last edited:

xIf22raptorIx

Jan 16, 2015
Lyon

torickray

Feb 22, 2010
Wondering how is galaxy store compared to other competitors like huawei in China. What is the reason of the downfall of Samsung in China

xIf22raptorIx

Jan 16, 2015
Lyon
Wondering how is galaxy store compared to other competitors like huawei in China. What is the reason of the downfall of Samsung in China
My Chinese friend told me that Galaxy store was previously banned and that she had to download apk straight from various sites and therefore got quite a lot of viruses and ****. After that she bought Apple for long and now she hesitate to buy Huawei to support the national brand. However now the Galaxy store 8s no longer banned but it seems way more empty than appgallery of Huawei (had a Chinese honor phone before).

It may not be the only reason but it is the one I've been given.

Sent from my SM-N9760 using Tapatalk

torickray

Feb 22, 2010
So Samsung is basically killed by China government. China only allow local developers' apps available in phone. If no China developers create apps for galaxy store, no one will buy Samsung phone.
Exactly same thing happened to Huawei now when US banned Huawei from using Google play.

FRBonvoyage

Feb 25, 2019
Hello, also from France and currently in China I have bought the sm-n9760 in a Samsung shop in Shanghai. So I'm able to answer/confirm some infos there.

First, yes it comes with Google services pre installed, under a VPN I transfered through smart switch my data's and so on (containing my needed VPN apk) on this phone and then added through settings Samsung and Google accounts (while connected to my VPN). Google chrome and calendar couldn't be transfered by smart switch and play store wasn't installed. Downloaded play store apk with Firefox. All worked fine and then I used the play store to install chrome and agenda, all syncing and working without flaw.

Yes it is 5g dual SIM and less expensive than other variants at least the the European ones (paid 7999 RMB = 1040 euros and got a free jbl Bluetooth speaker sold normally at 800 RMB = 104 €)

It has bixby touch as said and it works in your language set in your settings. French for me then.

It does come with a well made silicone case and a factory applied plastic screen protector.

I can also confirm for the 6 month screen replacement and the whole warranty is valid in mainland China only. So if you have any problem not concerning the screen make it repaired in your country and for the screen ship to China. (Advice from the Samsung employee in the shop).

There is a setting about the smart building function but haven't tried it out. Also the Samsung employee told me that Samsung pay will only work with Chinese card. Considering that they use a different card system (not Visa or MasterCard but union pay which exists only in China) I assume it is true.

I have been able to uninstall every Chinese pre installed apps just like I uninstall any app without problem.

No info on Samsung health for now. I'm still in China and don't compete with others. Back in France in a week so more infos later.

I'll give a look for the GPS on the spec sheet on Samsung website for this maybe.

Their 5g version support band that is intended for the French market (3500 MHz). But well no real deployed 5g in France before 2022. For now 350 antennas deployed in France by all operators (including 300 by one only) whereas in China, China mobile alone have deployed 200 000 and is just starting it's network. Also China mobile offered me 100 GB on 5g just to try. Thanks to them as I just paid a 100 RMB (13 €) prepaid sim card for 2 months.

I also have an "hongbao accelerator" as setting option but haven't gave a look yet.

Hey, thanks for the answer :)
Just wondering, does it have the native radio app ?

Too bad Samsung Pay doesn't work (but I will still get a try :cowboy: ), fortunately Google Pay is still available :)

The dual band GPS is not mentioned in the spec sheet but if I remember it was mentioned in S10 Chinese unpacked

Apart from the Hongbao accelerator you also have many features such as fingerprint lock and some exclusive apps like the Samsung assistant that basically replace every app you use in your daily life

I hope the 5G deployment won't be too slow in France but even if not I will be happy with chinese version as even without 5G, it brings a lot more for cheaper price.

FRBonvoyage

Feb 25, 2019
My Chinese friend told me that Galaxy store was previously banned and that she had to download apk straight from various sites and therefore got quite a lot of viruses and ****. After that she bought Apple for long and now she hesitate to buy Huawei to support the national brand. However now the Galaxy store 8s no longer banned but it seems way more empty than appgallery of Huawei (had a Chinese honor phone before).

It may not be the only reason but it is the one I've been given.

I don't think so, Galaxy Store was already available when Samsung had a quite respectable market share in China. The store has every popular app Chinese users usually install ; the main problems for Samsung in China is Note 7, Huawei and aggressive competition from Chinese companies...

FRBonvoyage

Feb 25, 2019

There are three main reasons for Samsung poor market share in China :
First is Note 7, even today, when people talk about Samsung, people instantly think about explosion :(
Second is an agressive competition from Chinese brands : they deliver lots of innovative products for a very low price... It's almost always the same, Snapdragon 855, triple camera setup with IMX586 and Samsung Amoled display packed into a metal frame and glass back with gradient color, at the lowest price possible and with the fastest charge possible.
The thing is Samsung never plays with specs sheets, but Chinese customers care most about high numbers ; when they see Note10+ has "only" a 12MP camera, they will think it's worse than a budget phone having a 32MP camera...
And remember foreign compagnies have to pay more taxes for their products so Samsung phones are a lot more expensive than chinese phones, even though they are cheaper than the rest of the world

The last thing is Samsung has a bad image because of Note7 and because of Huawei... Huawei has very good public relations with Chinese government, so when they have a bad buzz it is almost always eliminated from weibo in the shortest time, whereas when Samsung has a bad buzz such as Galaxy Fold issues or fingerprint scanner issues, it will immediatly become #1 in trends, and it is almost sure that's because of Huawei.

So those are the reasons why Samsung has only 1% market share in China, hope that this will change in the coming years but I doubt this will happen

Reactions: Bkblues

xIf22raptorIx

Jan 16, 2015
Lyon
Hey, thanks for the answer :)

Just wondering, does it have the native radio app ?

Too bad Samsung Pay doesn't work (but I will still get a try :cowboy: ), fortunately Google Pay is still available :)

The dual band GPS is not mentioned in the spec sheet but if I remember it was mentioned in S10 Chinese unpacked

Apart from the Hongbao accelerator you also have many features such as fingerprint lock and some exclusive apps like the Samsung assistant that basically replace every app you use in your daily life

I hope the 5G deployment won't be too slow in France but even if not I will be happy with chinese version as even without 5G, it brings a lot more for cheaper price.
Hey, sorry for late answer, with plane and all I've been quite busy lately.

I attach the photo of the embedded radio app (name in Chinese), hope it'll answer your question.

For Samsung pay I can't try it out anyway because my (French) bank isn't compatible yet.

I didn't find out what is hongbao accelerator used to.

China mobile gave me free 5g to try it out, I had it sometimes but the throughputs weren't as expected (see below).View attachment 4859993 Screenshot_20191029-011754_Speedtest.jpg

EnterTHEvoiD

Dec 3, 2012
I was so disappointed when I found out that note10+ 5G wasn't dual sim until I found out this thread! Where can I buy this phone to use in the UK/Europe?

Thanks

ran816

Sep 27, 2011
Did anyone try RCS ? For me it stucked on setting up screen !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191030-082024_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20191030-082024_Messages.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 340

xIf22raptorIx

Jan 16, 2015
Lyon
I was so disappointed when I found out that note10+ 5G wasn't dual sim until I found out this thread! Where can I buy this phone to use in the UK/Europe?

Thanks
Easier way, go to China and buy it there.

You can also buy it from various websites I suppose like eBay or whatever (based in what I read) but I don't know if sim lock is still existing and in this case be sure that it is sim unlocked.

---------- Post added at 06:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------

Did anyone try RCS ? For me it stucked on setting up screen !
What app are you using there ?

Anyway, from what I know RCS is mobile operator dependant so it may be linked to them. (It's a supposition). I haven't tried out because I don't think signal support RCS.

niza2000in

Jul 19, 2013
Hi is this model CSC working globally...? means you bought this phone from china and is VOLTE and WIFI calling working with your french network...?

megatooth

Jun 29, 2012
Craiova
french network...? Yes. Check yourself:

"Support 5G/4G/3G/GPS/Bluetooth/OTG/Type-C/Screen fingerprint ID/NFC

Networking:

2G GSM B2/B3/B5/B8,

3G WCDMA B1/B2/B4/B5/B8, TD-SCDMA B34/B39

4G FDD-LTE B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B12/B13/B18/B19/B20/B25/B26/B28, TDD-LTE B34/B38/B39/B40/B41

5G TDD Sub6: N41/N78/N79"
France is likely to delay its 5G spectrum auction until at least March 2020!

niza2000in

Jul 19, 2013
Hi there,

As a Samsung China fan, I know a lot about chinese version Samsung phones ; however I live in France so I also know a lot about the most common version of Samsung phones which are the international variants.
So, let's talk about chinese version Note10+ which has some pretty cool features that we can find nowhere else (btw I will get one in december when I go back to China so this thread is only about specs)

In China, Samsung only provides Note10+ 5G version, the model number is SM-N9760 which is a snapdragon variant. You may think that it is just the same as US version Note10+ 5G with a different software, but it is not exactly the case :

First thing is 9760 is the only Note10+ 5G in the world with dual sim card support. Second is that since Galaxy S10 series, Samsung flagships sold in China are the only in the world that support L1+L5 dualband GPS and 9760 is no exception.

In the box, Samsung provides a transparent case and a 6-month screen replacement reduction (only usable in china)

On software side, 9760 is also different from international version as the CSC it runs (CHC) has many features you may want to use even elsewhere than in China ; let me talk about the new additionnal features on 9760 (I will make another post about the CHC software improvements later) :

Bixby gets a new function exclusive to China that is Bixby Touch (but I have to test it to know if it only works in Chinese or if it is available in other languages) : you just have to long press on any screen to get shortcuts to related apps or services : for example, if someone send you a message with an address, a long press will let you open the maps app directly from there without having to copy/paste or doing any other action.

Samsung Pay gets a new smart door card function, which can let user access their building with just their smartphone.

Of course, it has all the other features from CHC rom that I'll detail on a later post.

And for those who want to know about the occidental services that are also supported, I also have the answer :
Google Play services are preinstalled ; by default, they're not activated but to get Google apps, you just need to download a play store apk and it will work just fine.
Instagram mode works : I tried it on a smaller version Note 10 in China, you just have to install Instagram and clear camera data and it will work just as on international version.
You get your local Galaxy Store because the phone region is defined by your sim card.

However, some features won't work or not completely : for example, Samsung Health will only sync if you have a chinese samsung account and you won't be able to compete with people using non-chinese Samsung Health app
I do NOT know if Samsung Pay works with non chinese cards but I will try it when I get 9760.
You cannot get the "Secure Wifi" feature as well as international version of smart call.
Finally there is no ROM you can flash because 9760 is actually a Chinese-exclusive variant (but that may change if Taiwan gets 5G model)

Snapdragon 855, L1+L5 dual-band GPS, Dual-SIM, some cool exclusive features and the ability to use all the features we already use and love... for a cheaper price tag as it is sold in China cheaper than 4G variants in Europe...

Hi is this model CSC working globally...? means you bought this phone from china and is VOLTE and WIFI calling working with your french network or outside china VOLTE and WIFI calling working...?

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Hi I have one more clarification, i am planing to buy this phone..Is this SM-N9760 version working dual sim with SD card at a same time via SIM adapter.

Recently Samsung block this feature on all international version, if phone detect dual sim plus SD card then you cannot enter to phone..Screen will be locked...So i am wonder in Chinese version its working or not.

Also please clarify VOLTE and Wifi calling outside china..? or it restrict only only to China...

Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi there,

There are three main reasons for Samsung poor market share in China :
    First is Note 7, even today, when people talk about Samsung, people instantly think about explosion :(
    Second is an agressive competition from Chinese brands : they deliver lots of innovative products for a very low price... It's almost always the same, Snapdragon 855, triple camera setup with IMX586 and Samsung Amoled display packed into a metal frame and glass back with gradient color, at the lowest price possible and with the fastest charge possible.
    The thing is Samsung never plays with specs sheets, but Chinese customers care most about high numbers ; when they see Note10+ has "only" a 12MP camera, they will think it's worse than a budget phone having a 32MP camera...
    And remember foreign compagnies have to pay more taxes for their products so Samsung phones are a lot more expensive than chinese phones, even though they are cheaper than the rest of the world

The last thing is Samsung has a bad image because of Note7 and because of Huawei... Huawei has very good public relations with Chinese government, so when they have a bad buzz it is almost always eliminated from weibo in the shortest time, whereas when Samsung has a bad buzz such as Galaxy Fold issues or fingerprint scanner issues, it will immediatly become #1 in trends, and it is almost sure that's because of Huawei.

So those are the reasons why Samsung has only 1% market share in China, hope that this will change in the coming years but I doubt this will happen
    Just had one gifted

I just started using this daily in the United States. I was a bit unsure what to expect because the Chinese origins, but I feel like I've got a very good set up after uninstalling some apps and not using others.

I installed the play store from here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/google-play-store-17-9-17-release/

Everything seems pretty good. I just can't enable the setting to allow Google assistant to use "OK Google" when the phone is not being used. The option is greyed out saying the language is not compatible, which is set to English (US).

Ive had excellent service so far, but haven't done a comprehensive speed test. Internet aside, the phone is just so fast. Great to use.
    Thanks a lot for your posts on your experience with the device.
    I think I'm going to purchase that device after the info I got from all of you.
    What is the latest software it's on now (is it Android 10) and does it get updated on par with the other versions?
    How is the battery life compared to other versions?
    Thanks in advance!

Latest software is still on Android 9 Pie (version number N9760ZCU1ASL1) but Android 10 is coming really soon
    Update speed is slower than Exynos versions but usually faster than US versions for security updates ;
    Samsung China focuses on more on stability than on updating speed.
    Battery life is way better than the Exynos Note9 I had before.
    Hope I answered your questions :)