[Recovery]Clockwork Mod 6.0.1.2

Search This thread

Omnichron

Dec 1, 2010
East Highland, CA
cw kept getting stuck at data during backup. I stumbled upon the solution while navigating cw menus. For some reason when you first boot into cw, it mounts the cache partition. this prevents from completing backup. Under mounts and storage, unmount cache first then do a backup. it goes all the way through!:D

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
cw kept getting stuck at data during backup. I stumbled upon the solution while navigating cw menus. For some reason when you first boot into cw, it mounts the cache partition. this prevents from completing backup. Under mounts and storage, unmount cache first then do a backup. it goes all the way through!:D

Can anyone else confirm/deny that this is the reason? I could simply hack CWM to not use cache, but that would be a bad idea in the long term (but having reliably working nandroids is more important)

Omnichron

Dec 1, 2010
East Highland, CA
Can anyone else confirm/deny that this is the reason? I could simply hack CWM to not use cache, but that would be a bad idea in the long term (but having reliably working nandroids is more important)

Seems like no one else has done it. I went ahead and tried it 4 times with cache mounted and unmounted and same thing. maybe it hangs because dell points to a different location for cache?:confused:

osanvc

May 7, 2010
Clockwork Mod 5.5.0.4 for venue

Can someone please re-upload the Clockwork Mod 5.5.0.4 for venue. I tried searching it in google, but can i use any CWM 5.5.0.4 or it should be specifically for venue???

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
The streakdroid.com DNS entry is no longer valid apparently, it works if you've previously went to it and cached it, but you cant get in if you hadnt previously.

I'm gonna remirror everything on my devhost account eventually.

osanvc

May 7, 2010
The streakdroid.com DNS entry is no longer valid apparently, it works if you've previously went to it and cached it, but you cant get in if you hadnt previously.

I'm gonna remirror everything on my devhost account eventually.

:(that's why i can't download it...
appreciate that if you could re-upload it~thanks.

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
Updated CWM to 6.0.0.1!

Confirmed working:
  • Nandroids
  • USB mounting
  • Fac resetting

Unforunately we need a working ICS kernel to get CWM-touch, and we dont currently have one.

Reactions: Samver

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
There will be an update to 6.0.0.5 (or whatever is newest) in a couple days.

Edit: CWM 6.0.0.6 is now live.

I have only explictly tested against 6.0.0.5, as koush is pushing out an update every other hour.
(we went from 6.0.0.2 -> 6.0.0.6 in the course of a day)

Everything seems to work in 6.0.0.5, and I assume will too in 6.0.0.6.

If there are any issues, please provide me with a copy of /cache/recovery/log and last_log.
(You may need to be rooted to access those)

Last edited:

terminal17

Apr 29, 2012
Bangalore
Requirements:
  • Ability to enter fastboot mode: Fastboot+ADB.zip
  • Basic understanding of the command line

Setting up fastboot:
  1. Extract Fastboot+ADB.zip somewhere approporate
  2. Turn Device off
  3. Move ringer to UP position
  4. Hold down Power and Volume Down
  5. Install driver included in Fastboot+ADB

Install instructions:
  1. Download Clockwork mod 6.0.0.6 recovery.img
  2. Turn device off
  5. Flash the recovery with "fastboot flash recovery <path to recovery.img>"

Tested features:
  • Update zip flashing
  • Nandroids
  • Usb mounting
  • Fac resetting

Notes:
    • Notes about sd-ext:
      • If you get the error message while nandroid: "sd-ext.img not found. Skipping restore of /sd-ext." This is normal, as sd-ext is an optional partition.
      • If you get the error message while formatting: "E: format_volume: make_ext4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk0p2", same as above

Changelog:
    • Jul 18 2012: Updated to 6.0.0.6
    • Jul 17 2012: Updated to 6.0.0.1
    • Jan 1 2012: Initial release

• everything works except for the sd-ext backup...thanks a lots...i backed up rom fully...great work

petewr

Dec 13, 2012
No it does not, it is only for the original venue phone.

If i had access to a V7/V8 I could port CWM over (if it isnt already, and if there arn't any unusual difficulties in porting it)

The phone and the tablets seem to be two completely separate intities. Not sure what the phone uses for a cpu, but the tablet is using a dual core intel Atom processor. Most of the CWM and TWRP recoveries are based on the ARM processor.:eek:

Will this constitute a difficulty for porting to the Venue 7/8?

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
The phone and the tablets seem to be two completely separate intities. Not sure what the phone uses for a cpu, but the tablet is using a dual core intel Atom processor. Most of the CWM and TWRP recoveries are based on the ARM processor.:eek:

Will this constitute a difficulty for porting to the Venue 7/8?

The S5/V both used a S1 snapdragons, the V7/V8 use cloverview atoms.

There isnt much in the way of assembly code in the recovery code (there might not be any at all, but I havn't gone though all of it to confirm), as long as a device can both:
  • boot abritrary kernels (ie the bootloader isn't locked down, which isn't an issue with dell devices)
  • doesn't use filesystems that are not natively supported in cwm/twrp (which dells do not use)
the platform a device uses doesnt matter, you can generally port a rec to it.

It should only take an hour or 3 to port, and some more time after that to bugcheck a recovery to a new device if it fulfills both criteria.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Requirements:
    • Ability to enter fastboot mode
    • Basic understanding of the command line

Install instructions:
    1. Download Clockwork mod recovery.img
    2. Turn device off
    5. Flash the recovery with "fastboot flash recovery <path to recovery.img>"

What works:
    • Nandroid
    • Factory resetting
    • Clearing caches
    • Update zip flashing
    • USB mounting

Notice:
    • What to do if your nandroid freezes at /cache, /data, /datadata:
      • Flash update-CWMfixer-1.zip as an update zip and try again.
      • OR: Factory reset and manually restore data (Not recommended)
    • Notes about sd-ext:
      • If you get the error message while nandroid: "sd-ext.img not found. Skipping restore of /sd-ext." This is normal, as sd-ext is an optional partition.
      • If you get the error message while formatting: "E: format_volume: make_ext4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk0p2", same as above

Controls:
    • Vol Up: Scroll up
    • Vol Down: Scroll down
    • Camera: Select item
    • Back: Go back

Changelog:
    • Sep 09 2012: Updated to 6.0.1.2
    • Aug 21 2012: Added workaround for nandroid issues
    • Aug 07 2012: Updated to 6.0.1.1
    • Jul 21 2012: Updated to 6.0.1.0 - Updated instructions
    • Jul 20 2012: Updated to 6.0.0.9
    • Jul 18 2012: Updated to 6.0.0.6
    • Jul 17 2012: Updated to 6.0.0.1
    • Jan 1 2012: Initial release

2char
    Updated to 6.0.1.2
    Updated to 6.0.1.0
    There will be an update to 6.0.0.5 (or whatever is newest) in a couple days.

Edit: CWM 6.0.0.6 is now live.

I have only explictly tested against 6.0.0.5, as koush is pushing out an update every other hour.
    (we went from 6.0.0.2 -> 6.0.0.6 in the course of a day)

Everything seems to work in 6.0.0.5, and I assume will too in 6.0.0.6.

If there are any issues, please provide me with a copy of /cache/recovery/log and last_log.
    (You may need to be rooted to access those)
    You switch mute to OFF hold both volume buttons down and power on. You will see a menu with 3 options, choose the one to upgrage SW package and choose with the camera button.