[Q] Nvflash/staging question

Search This thread

wha2do

Mar 4, 2012
New Orleans
Have lost my boot menu/fastboot access & appears to be bootloader related. Currently only have access to APX, ADB, & TWRP. Have tried numerous times to
flash the v9.4.3.30 blob.EBT (using the "nvflash -r download 5 blob.EBT" command) but doesn't appear to be taking (WW SKU displayed matches one from AndroidRoot,
not the US SKU from the blob I'm trying to flash). Also downgraded to v9.4.3.17 as a test and all but the bootloader were updated. Same - has a US SKU, but still a
WW bootloader displays...

Without fastboot, can I use "nvflash -r --download 13 blob.EBT" to get it into staging, reboot and hope it takes? And to make sure staging is clear, is there any problem
doing a format_partition (within nvflash) on it?

Is there a better way that might get it flashed correctly? Would adb work (dd if=/sdcard/blob.ebt of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4) or would I need to have the entire blob as
the input file?

One last resort would be to try flashing the bricksafe.img. Sure wish I knew why I have the nvflash backup files saved in triplicate. Not very useful when I don't know how to use
them to get me back to SOP :(

Thanks!

Last edited:

wha2do

Mar 4, 2012
New Orleans
You can't load blob.EBT to staging directly, use the original blob.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

Thanks! Kind of figured but was checking.

Is reformatting staging in nvflash the same as a fastboot erase? Wondering if any way to do it in adb...have done a reformat on MSC
and checked it after. Not sure what, but it still contained data (it did change, so possibly needed info rather than garbage?). Or...if
write zeros, what would be the adb or fastboot command? Did some searching and couldn't find anything *sigh*.

Guessing the tablet's on it's way to being replaced very soon if I keep hitting brick walls!

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich

Is reformatting staging in nvflash the same as a fastboot erase? Wondering if any way to do it in adb...have done a reformat on MSC
and checked it after. Not sure what, but it still contained data (it did change, so possibly needed info rather than garbage?). Or...if
write zeros, what would be the adb or fastboot command? Did some searching and couldn't find anything *sigh*.

Guessing the tablet's on it's way to being replaced very soon if I keep hitting brick walls!
The fastboot command is "fastboot erase ", for example "fastboot erase misc".
I am not aware of any adb equivalent.

Maybe search for Buster99's script that helped a lot of people using fastboot. You should be able to do the same operations using nvflash.

Reactions: wha2do

wha2do

Mar 4, 2012
New Orleans

Maybe search for Buster99's script that helped a lot of people using fastboot. You should be able to do the same operations using nvflash.

Thanks...will do a bit more reading/hunting and see what's in the script. Just posted a message under flatline - guess if I want to to go back
using my nvflash files, I need to set up Mint on flashdrive and go from there? No other options? Ack...more and more time which I'm very
quickly running out of... Well, will try flashing the blob, do a few more things, see if can get Mint bootable flash set up quickly, and try...
If run out of time, tablet will be replaced. Really getting *#*@# with this thing, lol!

wha2do

Mar 4, 2012
New Orleans
Well, after many hours of reading and trying various methods I came to the conclusion my tablet is a goner. The only thing I didn't try was using the nvflash backups, though the only instructions I had was to flash bricksafe.img.

From early in owning it, it would occasionally reboot with a hiss and a popping noise. While I still could boot up using wheelie/nvflash, this became more prevalent. So to take advantage of a refund (have it under a 2 yr extended warranty), I'm leaving it appearing totally dead and returning it. In the meantime, I purchased a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition and will shift over to that area...

Thanks and good luck all with your Transformers!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.